Auto start/stop removal causing delays

Wheresmytruckat

First Name
Mohammad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I had my truck built mid July and shows a 'shipped' status on the ford tracker and 'in transit' on ordertracker. However, after talking to Ford chat, there seems to be a chip hold on the truck and it is still at the Kansas City plant. She then told me that the chip hold was due to the removal of the auto start/stop feature. I told her the point of me ordering the truck with the auto start/stop removed was to speed up production and use less chips to get the truck built quicker, but she said that all trucks are built with auto start/stop and they need to get sent elsewhere to get it removed before actually shipping the truck.

Kinda confusing.

Anyone have a similar experience or know if this is true/false?

Ford F-150 Auto start/stop removal causing delays 1660676132768
Sponsored

MJ Heat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RCLB 5.0/2022 Powerboost/2023 Maverick Hybrid
I had my truck built mid July and shows a 'shipped' status on the ford tracker and 'in transit' on ordertracker. However, after talking to Ford chat, there seems to be a chip hold on the truck and it is still at the Kansas City plant. She then told me that the chip hold was due to the removal of the auto start/stop feature. I told her the point of me ordering the truck with the auto start/stop removed was to speed up production and use less chips to get the truck built quicker, but she said that all trucks are built with auto start/stop and they need to get sent elsewhere to get it removed before actually shipping the truck.

Kinda confusing.

Anyone have a similar experience or know if this is true/false?

1660676132768.png
I have a real hard time believing that Ford installs any optional equipment, to later remove it, & then give you a discount for doing so. That makes absolutely no sense. I thought that I heard every possible excuse for shipping delays when I was waiting for my truck. You have now topped the BS that I heard by a mile.

Good Luck getting your truck soon!!!!!

Power_Wheels

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang, Ford Explorer
@Wheresmytruckat

I'm in a similar situation. Ordered early February. Shows shipped but there is no date listed for "built" section.

Have you looked at the "Ford Canada Tracking" site? That actually provided an ETA window of delivery;

Ford F-150 Auto start/stop removal causing delays 1660680466028

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
.... she said that all trucks are built with auto start/stop and they need to get sent elsewhere to get it removed before actually shipping the truck.
Gonna have to "call BS" on that one.

greyphox

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 5.0 Lariat SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
I had that force removed from my truck by Ford due to chip shortage, so I'm doubtful that is the cause.
Sponsored