Buschlatte

Buschlatte

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Voltage appears to be good both non running and running.
Ford F-150 Auto start/stop not working DF413512-D510-4E03-AF36-829ACBEDCBD7
Ford F-150 Auto start/stop not working AAD1525C-0985-4B87-A272-66674A0CACBA

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Voltage appears to be good both non running and running.
DF413512-D510-4E03-AF36-829ACBEDCBD7.jpeg
AAD1525C-0985-4B87-A272-66674A0CACBA.jpeg
Mine did exactly the same thing after picking it up from service. Battery charge was over 12.7. took it in and they replaced the battery. No more issue.

Beats me. All I know is replacing the battery made it start working again.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I am sorry if this has already been covered here but I was curious about the conditions that would cause the auto start stop to not work.
Last month I took my truck in to have the underbody recall performed and since then I have noticed that my auto start stop is not kicking on

HOWEVER

in the past month the weather in southeast Michigan hasn’t been above 45 degrees since then.

do any of you who live in the great white north experience this?
Hi there! Can you send us a private message with your VIN and Ford dealership name? I’ll look into this on my end. Thank you!

OP
OP
Buschlatte

Buschlatte

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hello ford motor
It started working last night. The temp went up in southeast Michigan and it knew I was talking about it

thank you

Sponsored

JimMoran

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 T-Bird, 2020 Explorer ST, 2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
retired
Yeah mine doesn’t turn off most of the year. Winter it’s too cold and the engine is still warming up or heat is on and summer it’s too hot and AC is on. I know a lot of luddites hate it but I actually wish it was more aggressive about shutting off the engine.
I take exception to calling those of us who do not like the auto stop start Luddites — there is no secret organization, and we are not a bunch of radicals. We just happen to not like the feature. I was very happy to be able to delete this feature on my 2022 order. Let’s not get into the political garbage of name throwing because I am right, and you are wrong in this forum. Let’s just enjoy and celebrate our F-150,s.

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government
I take exception to calling those of us who do not like the auto stop start Luddites — there is no secret organization, and we are not a bunch of radicals. We just happen to not like the feature. I was very happy to be able to delete this feature on my 2022 order. Let’s not get into the political garbage of name throwing because I am right, and you are wrong in this forum. Let’s just enjoy and celebrate our F-150,s.
agreed,
I don't like the feature because my commute has very few stops lights. I end up stopping for stop signs and then most of the time it's for 1 or 2 cars then I need to roll forward. It's pointless for my engine to stop for literally 3 seconds then I need to move forward at a stop sign. Maybe if I did a lot of city driving with long waits I would feel differently.
I wish I could disable the feature for a period of time or a certain number of ignition cycles.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I am sorry if this has already been covered here but I was curious about the conditions that would cause the auto start stop to not work.
Last month I took my truck in to have the underbody recall performed and since then I have noticed that my auto start stop is not kicking on

HOWEVER

in the past month the weather in southeast Michigan hasn’t been above 45 degrees since then.

Not exactly the same, but in my 2019 ranger the auto s/s will not activate with the front defroster on.

It will also not activate until the engine temp is up to normal.

Also does not activate in tow or sport mode.

Davecp114

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT SuperCrew
Hi there! Can you send us a private message with your VIN and Ford dealership name? I’ll look into this on my end. Thank you!
Ford…..I have the same problem. My dealer said my battery was ok. Can you help???

Mauimaikai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 2.7 F-150 XLT 302a 4x4 SuperCrew
Mine has not been working over the past few days. It has been hot, but I was not using the AC. I assumed it would work helping me to save gas while sitting in the heat, but if it's not going to turn off then I might as well use the AC, making the system pointless? Its working fine this morning in the cooler temps

Sponsored

DanielG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
My 21 Ecoboost started working again after they reluctantly replaced the battery. Then I got my 22 Powerboost the next week.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Mine didn't work for a long while last winter. Then interior lights stopped working. Ended up with a dead battery, which for replaced. Everything worked again after that. Waiting on a new APIM module, which apparently is the root of the problem.

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
Mine was working and then I parked it for a couple days straight 3 to be exact and now it never turns off anymore. I know most people hate this but I know my town and the longer lights well so I don’t mind it turning off on the longer lights. I’m in so cal where it’s been 90+ during day and 60s at night.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Mine was working and then I parked it for a couple days straight 3 to be exact and now it never turns off anymore. I know most people hate this but I know my town and the longer lights well so I don’t mind it turning off on the longer lights. I’m in so cal where it’s been 90+ during day and 60s at night.
Same thing for my 2018 Fusion. I have a theory that it's battery related. If the battery is at top strength, it will work. However, if the battery has weakened a bit, but not enough to be unreliable, maybe the engine will not shut off when stopped at lights or stop signs.

I noticed that after driving to Florida, the auto Stop/Start began to work again. Shortly after getting back to Virginia, it it stopped again.

Zzz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150

HOWEVER

It doesn't work "all the time" so I assume it deactivates itself under certain conditions.

But… if you want the ability to shut off and leave it off until you want it on again, get this device. They have an installation video on their web site and it looks pretty easy…

Auto Start Stop.jpg
But how come they (Ford) don't do it for you? I mean you paid for it in the options, either fix it or give you money back for it not working. I also have a 8 year warranty on the truck. But had it in and they put a new battery in it and still not working?
Sponsored