Sponsored

Auto start stop delete order

Anor4k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
About a week after I ordered before I got a VIN, I asked my dealer if my order could be updated to include the delete and I was told no.
Now that I'm seeing these show up I'm a bit jealous, plus the $50 discount.
Is it true my order could be updated or was my dealer being dishonest/lazy? I've gotten a lot of different answers on this.
Sponsored

Landric

First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm shopping Ford Trucks
Occupation
Probation Officer
My understanding is that once you have a VIN nothing can be changed...before that they should be able to change it.

Ja1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Occupation
Bum
They can change stuff even when you have vin.. I know this for fact. They just don’t won’t to

OP
OP

Anor4k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Was the delete an option on XLT regular cabs?
Why don't I see the delete option on the online builder?

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT sport CCSB 5.0
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
Was the delete an option on XLT regular cabs?
Why don't I see the delete option on the online builder?
Ford won’t advertise auto stop start delete. Just something you had to know before hand

Sponsored

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 & 22F150 limited, 21 Ram 1500 limited EcoDiesel
They can change stuff even when you have vin.. I know this for fact. They just don’t won’t to
after vin issue most other changes does not stick with order. Color changes sticks, that’s my experience and also reading on these forums from dealer responses

Ja1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Occupation
Bum
after vin issue most other changes does not stick with order. Color changes sticks, that’s my experience and also reading on these forums from dealer responses
im sure there is limits to what u can change after vin but it is possible. That’s what I’ve been told by manager

Mike_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150, XLT, 302a, 4x4, 3.5L, Antimatter Blue
About a week after I ordered before I got a VIN, I asked my dealer if my order could be updated to include the delete and I was told no.
Is it true my order could be updated or was my dealer being dishonest/lazy? I've gotten a lot of different answers on this.
I ordered a 2.7L XLT with no Tow package on 12/09/21, I had a build week of 02/07/22 within a week. My salesman was no help and this was my first full sized pickup, I was learning as I went along. You order the truck, you get excited so you start getting online and learning more about the truck (i.e.: this forum). After finding materials online (Tow Guide, eBook, Build Sheets) I realized my towing capacity wasn't much better than my Tacoma.

Beginning of January I decided going from the 2.7L to the 3.5L and going up to the 3.55 locker would address the issue. The dealer put up a little fight because I had a VIN# and a build date etc, but I went in with the attitude of make the change or cancel the order. Also, who are you (dealer guy)? You've already told me you're not even thinking about starting to work on this thing for another month, of course you can make a change. I didnt order an Italian marble interior and you arent asking them to change the whole platform of the truck...it's deleting a button. Plus, if you did your job and informed me of things like this, we wouldn't be here....sorry, still ticks me off, lol.

Anyway, they called their representative at Ford, I was in the room, it was a 3 minute phone call. The next morning I had an updated order sheet with my 3.5L and 3.55L (I added the 36 gallon tank too). I would say your dealer was just being lazy.

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
I ordered a 2.7L XLT with no Tow package on 12/09/21, I had a build week of 02/07/22 within a week. My salesman was no help and this was my first full sized pickup, I was learning as I went along. You order the truck, you get excited so you start getting online and learning more about the truck (i.e.: this forum). After finding materials online (Tow Guide, eBook, Build Sheets) I realized my towing capacity wasn't much better than my Tacoma.

Beginning of January I decided going from the 2.7L to the 3.5L and going up to the 3.55 locker would address the issue. The dealer put up a little fight because I had a VIN# and a build date etc, but I went in with the attitude of make the change or cancel the order. Also, who are you (dealer guy)? You've already told me you're not even thinking about starting to work on this thing for another month, of course you can make a change. I didnt order an Italian marble interior and you arent asking them to change the whole platform of the truck...it's deleting a button. Plus, if you did your job and informed me of things like this, we wouldn't be here....sorry, still ticks me off, lol.

Anyway, they called their representative at Ford, I was in the room, it was a 3 minute phone call. The next morning I had an updated order sheet with my 3.5L and 3.55L (I added the 36 gallon tank too). I would say your dealer was just being lazy.
but was it a new order?

Mike_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Same order, new VIN. So I didn't lose my spot. I have my issues with my salesman, but the dealership and the sales manager have done a good job to this point.

Sponsored

WestcampTX

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat F150, 2022 Lariat F150 (On Order)
Occupation
Farmer
My ‘22 was in the first build week, was ordered with auto stop/start delete, and delivered with stop/start installed. Not sure it’s a thing anymore.

Mike_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My ‘22 was in the first build week, was ordered with auto stop/start delete, and delivered with stop/start installed. Not sure it’s a thing anymore.
Ugh, I just got my dealer to to add the Auto Start Stop this morning (56x?). Well, I tried at least. If it comes with it, at least I know there are things I can do to get rid of it.

thomps33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
At least you saved $50. Was the auto-start-stop removal on your window sticker?

Mike_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's an actual package, 52X. It might not be all that bad if you end up with it, you can deactivate it and it may be good for resale when gas goes up to $6 a gallon, lol.

Ford F-150 Auto start stop delete order Auto Start Sto
Sponsored