First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I've had ACC on cars and trucks for literally decades. So I do understand the system.... usually.... This one has me a little bit confused. Maybe a senior moment... Anyway, I don't understand the actual "auto" button. Typically it turns it on and off. This one seems to be the fan speed button. All I want to do is set the dual climate control temps and forget it. I want the fan to do its thing blow hard to to cool or heat and then back off to low once close to the set temps. So do I set the dual temps and make sure there are no other lights on along the other hvac buttons? The auto button just doesn't make sense to me.
Sponsored

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
I've had ACC on cars and trucks for literally decades. So I do understand the system.... usually.... This one has me a little bit confused. Maybe a senior moment... Anyway, I don't understand the actual "auto" button. Typically it turns it on and off. This one seems to be the fan speed button. All I want to do is set the dual climate control temps and forget it. I want the fan to do its thing blow hard to to cool or heat and then back off to low once close to the set temps. So do I set the dual temps and make sure there are no other lights on along the other hvac buttons? The auto button just doesn't make sense to me.
I think it's a regular ACC system that we all are accustomed to however you can limit the fan speed as the system maintains the temp. This is really nice compared to my wife's CRV that runs the fan in a high speed while it tries to control the set temperature.

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
If you want the full auto like on previous versions, you should probably set it to auto III since this allows the system to fluctuate as high or low as needed depending on your temp setting.
I like the new auto button since it allows you to limit the max fan speed when it runs. I been keeping it in the low fan speed option since there is no need to blast the fan this time of year so I been limiting it to auto I when it’s not needed. I’m sure in the summer i will be keeping in level 3 max Arctic mode!

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
If you want the full auto like on previous versions, you should probably set it to auto III since this allows the system to fluctuate as high or low as needed depending on your temp setting.
I like the new auto button since it allows you to limit the max fan speed when it runs. I been keeping it in the low fan speed option since there is no need to blast the fan this time of year so I been limiting it to auto I when it’s not needed. I’m sure in the summer i will be keeping in level 3 max Arctic mode!
I'll put it on lll today and see what it does. Thanks.
One thing that's different from the Ram and my old 2016 F150 King Ranch is I had kept my temp set at 73 or 74° year around. So I set the dual zone 74 for me and 73 for my wife. Wow that's way warmer in the new truck. I've set them at 70 now. But I hadn't really paid attention to the fans and then I thought I really wasn't on "auto". That's when I noticed the 3 fan speed lights. See? Easily confused....

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Many car companies have switched to this new behavior for AC - that’s the way it is in my current 2018 BMW and when that first came out the forums were nuts with people claiming defective AC, screams for recalls, etc. Fast forward a couple of years, those same forums are now praising this new approach as so much better. After you get used to it, it actually works great and somehow more “natural” to me.

Sponsored

BigTex22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Glad you posted as I had the same question. I’ve also found that the heater seems to heat higher than the degree set. I’ve always set my temp at 72 in previous vehicles but now use 70 to keep it comfortable.

serinjune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 3.5L EB FX4
I am experiencing the same thing as you guys. On my 2016 grand cherokee, I've never changed the temp from 72, as the temp seems perfect all the time. However, on my f150, I switch it up from 70-73, depending on how much temp variation I seem to be feeling, which is weirdly often.

Ritchie457

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Many car companies have switched to this new behavior for AC - that’s the way it is in my current 2018 BMW and when that first came out the forums were nuts with people claiming defective AC, screams for recalls, etc. Fast forward a couple of years, those same forums are now praising this new approach as so much better. After you get used to it, it actually works great and somehow more “natural” to me.
The auto setting in my 2003 BMW made for perfect interior temp. I never had to concern myself with the temperature in the cabin. I'm hoping for the same feel in the F150. Just put the know on 70 and feel really comfortable.

brnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat
I am experiencing the same thing as you guys. On my 2016 grand cherokee, I've never changed the temp from 72, as the temp seems perfect all the time. However, on my f150, I switch it up from 70-73, depending on how much temp variation I seem to be feeling, which is weirdly often.
You're lucky. My 2014 JGC turns off the climate control every third or fourth start. I suspect it's a Uconnect bug, not an HVAC bug. Everything related to that infotainment system is absolute garbage ?

serinjune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 3.5L EB FX4
You're lucky. My 2014 JGC turns off the climate control every third or fourth start. I suspect it's a Uconnect bug, not an HVAC bug. Everything related to that infotainment system is absolute garbage ?
my 2016 was my first JGC, and after hearing about your experience it makes me think I got lucky!!

brnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat
my 2016 was my first JGC, and after hearing about your experience it makes me think I got lucky!!
This is my second JGC. In spite of the idiotic center stack, I love my Jeep. It's a mechanical marvel, very comfortable, and the engine + transmission are superb (5.7L Hemi + ZF 8-speed).
Sponsored