Sponsored

Audible speed limit warning, only adjusts to +5mph.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I have the XLT mid, 301A, with Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0

I was messing around with the settings this morning and was going to set the audible speed warning. You can have it go off at the posted speed or set a tolerance for when the warning comes on. I figured I would give it a try, especially since it is so smooth on the highway. I was going to set it at 8mph over but it wouldn’t go over 5mph, which kind of makes it useless, unless driving through a crummy state that has speed traps everywhere.

I know that you can make a similar setting for the cruise control, does this mean you can only go five over using the cruise control with speed limit sign recognition?

I don’t want to start a debate over traffic laws but certain places have different expectations when it comes to speed limit signs. I spoke to one of the traffic engineers contracted by my city and he told me that they time the traffic lights to the prevailing speed of traffic and not what the signs say, this means that you are guaranteed to get every red light if you drive at the posted speed. There’s also a local street that has become more popular because of added traffic and gentrification (not to mention GPS traffic routing apps), it’s a residential street and had a 35mph limit and people were going 55mph because that was how fast they would have driven on the more congested parallel road. Rather than enforcing the speed limit, they simply installed 25mph speed limit signs.

Before anyone says anything else, I was pulled over in Kansas once for going 36mph in a 35mph zone. I know the deal with that...
Sponsored

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
I was able to change my cruise control to ➕ 9 over the speed limit. Its crazy how off the speed limit is vs whats posted. Ill be driving at 83 in a 75 and get in a 65 but it shows it being 55 on the dash...