Sponsored

Are you supposed to get the price at time of order or delivery?

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB
Thank you for the info. I see that we have the same vehicle ordered except for color and work surface. I'm not happy about adaptive steering and self parking removal.
The parking assist would have been nice since I'm in a city, but I'll live. I did manage to keep AS, which I am very happy about.
Sponsored

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Antimatter Blue F150 Diet Platinum (Eventually)
Occupation
Math
I was just told by Ford (Marketing Program Headquarters at 1-800-334-4375) that the F-150 is not one of the vehicles that is price protected and that it is up to the dealership to honor it. My dealership said it's Ford that is doing this.

Max recline seats, active motion seats, retractable tonneau cover, adaptive steering, spray in bed liner have all been removed, for a net savings of $4,295 in features. But I needn't worry, the MSRP went up $4190. All these features that I was looking for are gone and the price essentially does not budge.

After a year of waiting for a VIN (original order is 5/1/21), I have no clue why I am still pursuing this.

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was just told by Ford (Marketing Program Headquarters at 1-800-334-4375) that the F-150 is not one of the vehicles that is price protected and that it is up to the dealership to honor it. My dealership said it's Ford that is doing this.

Max recline seats, active motion seats, retractable tonneau cover, adaptive steering, spray in bed liner have all been removed, for a net savings of $4,295 in features. But I needn't worry, the MSRP went up $4190. All these features that I was looking for are gone and the price essentially does not budge.

After a year of waiting for a VIN (original order is 5/1/21), I have no clue why I am still pursuing this.
This is fascinating, Chapman has claimed this was the case but Granger says it's not. So weird. And directly contradicts the April Pricing memo which says the F150 price is protected once a customer is in Smart Vincent.

Fortunately for me, after dropping Max Recline and Parking Assist, there's only a $1500 difference. If I have to eat that, I won't be super happy but I'll live.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee

Your long wait is way to excessive for my liking. At current Gas prices, i'd simply back right on out and grab something more fuel efficient, or keep what i have, since i can use my pickup, but also could do without it if need be and use my trailer. I suspect 150 sales will get a beating shortly.

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Antimatter Blue F150 Diet Platinum (Eventually)
Occupation
Math
This is fascinating, Chapman has claimed this was the case but Granger says it's not. So weird. And directly contradicts the April Pricing memo which says the F150 price is protected once a customer is in Smart Vincent.

Fortunately for me, after dropping Max Recline and Parking Assist, there's only a $1500 difference. If I have to eat that, I won't be super happy but I'll live.
How do I find out if I'm in Smart Vincent?

Sponsored

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How do I find out if I'm in Smart Vincent?
I believe that's how you are matched with your order. I plan on asking the salesperson when we begin going over paperwork.

rb13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat PowerBoost Agate Black BAP
My window sticker is about $1,500-$2,000 higher than when I first put in the order. Back then (Nov 2021) I was told the interest rate on my Lariat PowerBoost would be 2.99%. I just spoke with the dealer last week as my truck is expected to arrive this week and he said rate is now 1.99%, however I can't pick and choose between the protected price and the interest rate. Any of you experience this? Shouldn't they honour the original price and give me the 1.99%? The way he explained indicates if I want the 1.99% I have to go with the updated window sticker price.

OP
OP

CHRISHOUSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 Platinum (64k miles for sale) 2022 pend

Update on my situation. I contacted my dealership and was told Ford was indeed beginning to reimburse them for the price increase shown on the new invoice. The guy whose platinum was delivered just before. mine was notified he would be getting back around $3,000. They said mine was next, however I have yet to see anything in writing or any money.

They told me that they were not aware that they were supposed to get reimbursed and had not been getting reimbursed until I documented it to them. They did not even believe me when I sent them a copy of the Ford memo. It was only when I sent the youtube videos that they called me and apologized and thanked ME for making THEM aware of that (supposedly they are refunding a lot of other customers who are not even aware). I should bill them for in-service training, LOL.

To be fair, there had been a lot of turnover at the dealership, sales manager, GM, and finance. I still do not know if it was an ethical issue or just ineptness (not that those are mutually exclusive).

Sponsored

Bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A EB BAP (ordered 1/15)
My sticker has gone up almost 4k since I ordered. If my dealer didn't offer price protection on my order, I would just walk and find something else.

Bottom line is, I was ready to buy when I ordered in January and its not my fault it has taken Ford over 7 months to get my order built and delivered to me. 4K is a lot of money and forcing that on the customer feels like they are penalizing us for our loyalty and patience.

P-cubed

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Caravan, Ranger, Edge
I had zero issues with price from my Feb. ordered Lariat, which I picked up late June. Sticker was up about $3k due to 2 price increases. Salesman looked me up in the computer and the price matched the February price to the penny. Well, except he found an addiational $400 rebate. X-plan, PCO, Auto-Show rebates all no problems. Financing was 0% for 66 months.

All was seamless. I didnt change a thing on the truck during the process.

SupraVu

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A truck, SUV. another SUV, and a sedan
Price is agreed upon at the time the factory order was placed. Trade in value, and and all available incentives are to be taken advantage of once the truck arrives at dealer.

However, some dealers will lock in trade in value a few mo ahead.

smithbillp

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
IT
I had zero issues with price from my Feb. ordered Lariat, which I picked up late June. Sticker was up about $3k due to 2 price increases. Salesman looked me up in the computer and the price matched the February price to the penny. Well, except he found an addiational $400 rebate. X-plan, PCO, Auto-Show rebates all no problems. Financing was 0% for 66 months.

All was seamless. I didnt change a thing on the truck during the process.

You are really lucky. I ordered from Koons and can't get them to return phone call or email.
Sponsored