Sponsored

Are the upper F-150 models ( Lariat and above) taking longer to built than XLTs trims.

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I noticing it seems Lariat trims and above seem to be taking longer than other trims to built. I could be very wrong, but noticed a lot of people are waiting on the upper trim custom orders. I think a lot the trucks waiting in MI are waiting for a whole more than micro processors. I’m curious if lower trims or non-power boost or Diesel engines or heavy duty ( max tow package) are faster to built and receive. is it better to have ordered a simple truck vs luxury trim trucks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

texag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Silverado
Ordered my KR on Mar 1 produced at KC on Apr 15 after a week delay due to original early Apr KC plant shutdown. Theoretically on a train car somewhere between KS & TX right now.

Xylo133

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 3.5 Eco
I ordered my Lariat 502A on 4/15/21 and received a VIN and build date of 5/24/21 the next day. I didn't order 5 things that may have impacted that but who knows. No power running boards, off road, moon roof, 20" wheels or max tow.

OP
OP

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
My Lariat 501A was ordered March 15, build and sitting on a rail car now.
That’s good news, I ordered an XLT myself on 3/20 with a build on 5/13 in Dearborn. I read a lot of delays on this site, I think a lot of pics the trucks sitting in MI are waiting for a lot parts besides chips. im curious why some trucks are taking more than 3 months to be delivered.

Sponsored

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
I am not sure there is any pattern to it, or at least not one that I am seeing. I am seeing some people waiting months to have their orders even accepted and others like myself who seem to be moving through the system pretty quick. I think its more based on priority codes and dealer allocations than anything else but now we have chip availability thats throwing the unknown in as well. I ordered I loaded platinum on 3/15 with just about every option including powerboost, had the vin within a week and a build date of 4/27. Obviously it may sit waiting for chips but 6 weeks from order to build date is pretty quick. There may also be scheduling advantages based on what the factories are currently building at the time. I read somewhere that they build models in batches (not sure if this is true or not but makes sense to me). I think overall there is just a lot of moving parts that has to come together at once and if one piece is out or delayed then it throws the whole process off.

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150, Soon to be 2021 hybrid
Awesome to hear! Mine is also 501A, 157" wb ordered March 22nd and built yesterday... Makes me think maybe mine's going to get on a rail car soon too! But I do have wheel well liners, interior work service Fx4, trailer tow and trailer mirrors... Glad I canceled the bed liner and a couple other things..
Did you have any of the additional accessories on your build?

Last edited:
OP
OP

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I ordered my Lariat 502A on 4/15/21 and received a VIN and build date of 5/24/21 the next day. I didn't order 5 things that may have impacted that but who knows. No power running boards, off road, moon roof, 20" wheels or max tow.
I got fx4 on mine, I think the max tow axle and powerboost have been in the news as far as taking longer to built. i think it’s luck of draw on if ur truck gets delayed. I know the tundra TRD pros in 2021s were off the menu when I first looked at ordering a 21 tundra. Parts coming in and going out very quick

OP
OP

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
the material used on spray on bedliners is harder to find, the line X in my area is running out of the spray, so it’s a 3 to 4 week wait for a spray in bed liner in Knoxville, tn.

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Awesome to hear! Mine is also 501A ordered March 22nd and built yesterday... Makes me think maybe mine's going to get on a rail car soon too! But I do have wheel well liners, interior work service Fx4, trailer tow and trailer mirrors... Glad I canceled the bed liner and a couple other things..
Did you have any of the additional accessories on your build?
Mine is just a 3.5L FX-4, Sport Appearance Package, 20" wheels, no other options. The bed is being sprayed here.

Sponsored

Steve2352

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 and 2019 Infiniti QX50
Occupation
Retired Business Executive
I noticing it seems Lariat trims and above seem to be taking longer than other trims to built. I could be very wrong, but noticed a lot of people are waiting on the upper trim custom orders. I think a lot the trucks waiting in MI are waiting for a whole more than micro processors. I’m curious if lower trims or non-power boost or Diesel engines or heavy duty ( max tow package) are faster to built and receive. is it better to have ordered a simple truck vs luxury trim trucks.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
501A, No bed liner, No Max tow, supercab so not eligible for power running boards, but pretty much everything else (other than Assist instead of Active copilot).

Ordered 3/27, got VIN last week, not scheduled for build yet, but hoping for an update soon as the tracker has gone from “Will be scheduled soon” to “Will be delivered in NaN days”. Lol. Someone needs to do some more debugging.

Reactions: Ron

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150, Soon to be 2021 hybrid
501A, No bed liner, No Max tow, supercab so not eligible for power running boards, but pretty much everything else (other than Assist instead of Active copilot).

Ordered 3/27, got VIN last week, not scheduled for build yet, but hoping for an update soon as the tracker has gone from “Will be scheduled soon” to “Will be delivered in NaN days”. Lol. Someone needs to do some more debugging.
Mine was doing the NaN days as well during the week or so before it moved to in production and was built

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Ugh I also ordered a 501A but on 3/11. It's getting built this week. So yours is definitely in transport instead of sitting on ramp 59? What was your build day?

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Is there an "unofficial" list somewhere, someone who knows, what are the problematic parts that cause most delays? I was told by a couple of dealers the Interior Work Surface can cause delay but I can't see how it requires any "chip", not does the chemical to spray coat the bed ;)
Sponsored