• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Are reservation holders required to pay MSRP + markup?

BigDill

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Mustang GT 2016 Exploder [sic]
I finally received my welcome call from my local dealer today. They said they did not have any information on the vehicle more than what Ford has announced at this time, but that they would be in contact once orders begin to open. I responded that my only questions were whether they will negotiate down from the MSRP price, or have any intention of charging a premium over MSRP. I was told no information on that question was available at this time :LOL:. Goodness gracious, I guess I only have myself to blame.
Sponsored

dingle87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150
I finally received my welcome call from my local dealer today. They said they did not have any information on the vehicle more than what Ford has announced at this time, but that they would be in contact once orders begin to open. I responded that my only questions were whether they will negotiate down from the MSRP price, or have any intention of charging a premium over MSRP. I was told no information on that question was available at this time :LOL:. Goodness gracious, I guess I only have myself to blame.
@Granger Ford @dealerinsider can be good resources for you, if you're looking to purchase for a price below MSRP. They've been a big help to the Bronco community, they might be able to help you too. Good luck.

Redskins5

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
Government
I definitely wouldn't expect that on an ordered truck - you should have agreed to a price at the time of ordering, with a purchase agreement. My dealer made me sign a formal purchase agreement that showed the agreed upon price and the current (At the time) incentives from Ford showing I'd either get at least that, or the newer incentives if they have improved by the time of delivery.
This is the same thing my Dealer did.

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Ford has been very aggressive at the VP level with dealers who mark up the MachE to the point of posting the email on many of the MachE forums for buyers to report and Ford would get after the dealer and if that fails finding a dealer more in line with Ford's plans.

So if your dealer tries to mark it up, go to the top with Ford. Darren Palmer's email is out there.

Ford is betting the house on Mustang and F-150 EV versions and doesn't want the dealers marking them up due to the low initial production numbers. It's wants a sell out event on both and fast adoption. I'll be driving mine in an environment filled with guys driving big pickups for a living where fuel expense for their trucks and guide boats is HUGE. Many are switching from gasoline kicker moters to electric trolling motors for fuel savings. I show up towing my boat with the F150 will get their attention, they'll spend $20k a year on gas. Talk about paying off the EV differential, after year one they are banking an extra $20k a year.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
Ford has been very aggressive at the VP level with dealers who mark up the MachE to the point of posting the email on many of the MachE forums for buyers to report and Ford would get after the dealer and if that fails finding a dealer more in line with Ford's plans.

So if your dealer tries to mark it up, go to the top with Ford. Darren Palmer's email is out there.

Ford is betting the house on Mustang and F-150 EV versions and doesn't want the dealers marking them up due to the low initial production numbers. It's wants a sell out event on both and fast adoption. I'll be driving mine in an environment filled with guys driving big pickups for a living where fuel expense for their trucks and guide boats is HUGE. Many are switching from gasoline kicker moters to electric trolling motors for fuel savings. I show up towing my boat with the F150 will get their attention, they'll spend $20k a year on gas. Talk about paying off the EV differential, after year one they are banking an extra $20k a year.
Mike Levine has been a big one helping make sure ADM isn't added to orders. Dealers are free to do what they want with cancelled orders. However, when someone ordered at MSRP (or A-Z Plan) and then the dealer tries to add ADM, Ford is NOT happy.

Sponsored

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Do we have any idea when they will start taking order (as in having us fill out order forms and choosing our options)?

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Do we have any idea when they will start taking order (as in having us fill out order forms and choosing our options)?
never mind, I see there is another thread dedicated to this question.

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
I got it in writing from my dealer (Banner Ford, Louisiana) that they will be selling the lightning for MSRP.

Sponsored

ericjtsang

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat SR, LC500
Anyone near Dallas? Currently have the reservation with the dealer in Frisco, but I've never worked with them, so as of right now giving them the benefit since in email they said "they are not planning to mark up"

Not really a confidence inspiring response, so I may need to switch when the time comes.

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Wow, you guys have very crappy dealers. Hopefully they won't be dealers for long. The dealers around here are very reasonable and are selling below MSRP, even if it means they empty their lot.

Sundancer330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, FX4, Velocity Blue
Mike Levine has been a big one helping make sure ADM isn't added to orders. Dealers are free to do what they want with cancelled orders. However, when someone ordered at MSRP (or A-Z Plan) and then the dealer tries to add ADM, Ford is NOT happy.
Ford does audits on all A, Z, D, and X plans, I think the limit is $100 for ADM. If the dealer gets caught or someone complains the dealer can get in trouble, so most go by the rules.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Ford does audits on all A, Z, D, and X plans, I think the limit is $100 for ADM. If the dealer gets caught or someone complains the dealer can get in trouble, so most go by the rules.
Those plans have a $0 limit for ADM. The $100 is a limit for Doc fees, unless your state has a lower limit.