• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Are reservation holders required to pay MSRP + markup?

jas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic
There'd be little negotiating single purchases but if the price demanded by a salesperson is too much above MSRP will that nullify a reservation spot?
Sponsored

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
Should be able to switch to another dealer if they pull that without losing your spot. Emailed mine and they’re saying no ADM at their location at this time.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
There'd be little negotiating single purchases but if the price demanded by a salesperson is too much above MSRP will that nullify a reservation spot?
Too early to tell how many dealers will try to slap ADM on this. Check with the dealer if they will accept X-Plan.

RollTideFan

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Fiesta
Occupation
Supervisor
I told my dealer to wash it and fill it up, no problems from my dealer adding anything

superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250
Should be able to switch to another dealer if they pull that without losing your spot. Emailed mine and they’re saying no ADM at their location at this time.
Sounds like a bogus response to me. “At this time”. I read that like I should expect ADM when it gets closer to delivery. Such BS. If my dealer pulls that crap on me I’m moving to a different dealer without ADM, even if it’s several states away and never doing business with the ADM dealer again. I won’t tolerate it. To me, the reservation I place is to guarantee me a vehicle at or better than MSRP.

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Sounds like a bogus response to me. “At this time”. I read that like I should expect ADM when it gets closer to delivery. Such BS. If my dealer pulls that crap on me I’m moving to a different dealer without ADM, even if it’s several states away and never doing business with the ADM dealer again. I won’t tolerate it. To me, the reservation I place is to guarantee me a vehicle at or better than MSRP.
I think that the dealer commits to selling price when you convert your reservation to an order. That is also the time when your deposit goes to the dealer.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I definitely wouldn't expect that on an ordered truck - you should have agreed to a price at the time of ordering, with a purchase agreement. My dealer made me sign a formal purchase agreement that showed the agreed upon price and the current (At the time) incentives from Ford showing I'd either get at least that, or the newer incentives if they have improved by the time of delivery.

Villageidit

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 1500, 2008 Honda Element,
Occupation
Retired
My understanding is Ford put price limitations on advertising for the Lightning. Because of that dealers have not been putting out their offers on this forum. I know that if you contact them Granger Ford in Granger Iowa, Chapman Ford in Horsham Pa and Stephens Ford in Danville WV all have competitive pricing for the Lightning. You can reach out to them for the details. Would be a road trip for you but all three dealerships are very active in the Bronco launch and have good reputations on the bronco6g forum. Hope this helps.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
It’s very possible they try to pull that. However, they’ve recently changed ownership and know 1) there are plenty of other dealers nearby that we can go to and 2) I’m not shopping for just one vehicle. Thinking it’s just a “CYA” statement at this time. Everyone’s mileage will vary, but I’m hopeful the new owners are going to be better than the old ones.

Sponsored

dingle87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150
@dealerinsider @Granger Ford

I'd talk to both of these dealers to get an idea of what to expect moving forward. They're both straight shooters and helped many people on the Bronco forum. Heck, if one is close enough to you, maybe just move your reservation to one of them.

Good luck.

dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicles
2022 Lightning

I'd talk to both of these dealers to get an idea of what to expect moving forward. They're both straight shooters and helped many people on the Bronco forum. Heck, if one is close enough to you, maybe just move your reservation to one of them.

Good luck.
thank u! Appreciate the shout out!

dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
My understanding is Ford put price limitations on advertising for the Lightning. Because of that dealers have not been putting out their offers on this forum. I know that if you contact them Granger Ford in Granger Iowa, Chapman Ford in Horsham Pa and Stephens Ford in Danville WV all have competitive pricing for the Lightning. You can reach out to them for the details. Would be a road trip for you but all three dealerships are very active in the Bronco launch and have good reputations on the bronco6g forum. Hope this helps.
thank u! Appreciate the shout out

Kamuelaflyer

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor, Ford Mustang Mach-e
Here's what we learned from the Mach E experience:

Get it in writing (email is fine) that the dealer will take X-plan and not charge ADM on orders (what they do on orders not purchased is another matter entirely)
Let's start a wiki thread for dealers who agree to take X-plan and ADM like we had for the Mach E:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/official-list-no-adm-mach-e-ford-dealers.95/
I second what @ChasingCoral. It's far easier to deal with this at reservation time by making inquiries and shopping around than it is when your brand new Lightning arrives. If you've already made a rez, you can still make inquiries and should be able to switch dealers (as we could during Mach-e ordering) prior to placing an order.

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors

Good luck.
Thank you Dingle...
Sponsored