Sponsored

April Blend Dates Built or Shipped Pattern?

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
I ordered 3/17
Blend date 4/21
ETA 10/31
Current Status : in Production
I ordered 1/2
Blend date 4/06
ETA 10/31
Current Status : CANCELLED ORDER;
- Bought pre-delivery Dealer Order 800 mi away
Sponsored

Mikeyf150

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Retired
Hello everyone what we have is a bad situation. It’s easy to say just cancel and reorder , that’s fine if you paid full price . But for me I ordered in March when the incentives were very very good . To cancel at this point in the game would be a costly mistake. It would cost Me about $7000 plus more to reorder . We need Ford to make a announcement about our trucks in the boneyard . So people are not left hanging , If I loved the Ram or GMC . I would give up on Ford

Drufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lead Foot Lariat
Hello everyone what we have is a bad situation. It’s easy to say just cancel and reorder , that’s fine if you paid full price . But for me I ordered in March when the incentives were very very good . To cancel at this point in the game would be a costly mistake. It would cost Me about $7000 plus more to reorder . We need Ford to make a announcement about our trucks in the boneyard . So people are not left hanging , If I loved the Ram or GMC . I would give up on Ford
Agreed. I'm hanging out waiting. A fresh order might take what 2-3 months? Even if I get my 4/22 produced truck in early October, I would have spent more for what a month? Dealers around me are not dealing, and I'm using xplan. The invoice and mspr jumped on by build by about $300 since I ordered.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
If we miss camping season, don't really get the truck until October then there is a good chance that we sell this truck and order a 2022, probably not a Ford. Willing to take that chance of placing an order once the 2022 open up and getting the truck by June next year.

Mike50

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR PB, 2018 Expedition Max Limited
Occupation
Retired
Yes, it is bad. I would add encouragement since my March build delivered this week (see above). But consider this. My trade, a 2019 Platinum F150, increased in value according to KBB from $44,500 when I ordered, to $53,000 now. That covers a lot of lost incentives. Plus, the value of a brand new 2021 has already incurred over 1/2 of a year of depreciation. The problem is not knowing how much the cost of a 2022 will go up nor how long that order will take. So, it is a gamble. I can't believe the lack of communication from Ford on this issue. Someone that has influence (lots of dealers) need to put some pressure on.

I might add - my 2021 is awesome. It truly is polish on a diamond.

Sponsored

Inshore97

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Honda Pilot, 2015 Genesis 3.8bSWD
My KR build day was 4/30 and it completed and shipped June 3rd. Tracking portal says eta 9/4…. Dealer told me last week he had a June 26 arrival date … He just called and truck arrived. I expect to pick it up on Friday….

Floatman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 500A, 2021 lariat 502A
Occupation
Retired- Livin' the Dream
The thing I'm dealing with is my 2018 Lariat trade in has also increased 10K in value since my order but my dealer refuses to discuss it. I've bought 7 vehicles from him over the years! If I walk away, he could care less because he doesn't have a 2021 F150 on the lot. Not much bargaining power! My truck is slated for a 7-24 delivery date. I would truly like to own it, but between the depreciation of a truck that isn't even here yet, and a 10k increase in value of my trade, I'm thinking I'd like to get kissed when I get screwed.

DeliveryJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150
Occupation
Driver
The thing I'm dealing with is my 2018 Lariat trade in has also increased 10K in value since my order but my dealer refuses to discuss it. I've bought 7 vehicles from him over the years! If I walk away, he could care less because he doesn't have a 2021 F150 on the lot. Not much bargaining power! My truck is slated for a 7-24 delivery date. I would truly like to own it, but between the depreciation of a truck that isn't even here yet, and a 10k increase in value of my trade, I'm thinking I'd like to get kissed when I get screwed.
Sell your truck to a different dealer and buy the one on order as is.

ehetland

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
I don't think you will find a pattern, everything seems so random

Screenshot_20210612-112836_Gallery.jpg
Hi. What system are you using that is pictured above? Is this the vehicle tracker posted in the Forum? I did not see any status history there? Thanks

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Hi. What system are you using that is pictured above? Is this the vehicle tracker posted in the Forum? I did not see any status history there? Thanks
That’s from the internal Ford system, the public can’t use it. He likely got that from a dealer or something.

Sponsored

ehetland

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
If this is a Ford company site. Could I send you my vin to get any additional status on it?

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
That’s from the internal Ford system, the public can’t use it. He likely got that from a dealer or something.
Correct, I emailed my dealer and asked for a visual report and that is what they sent me.

JayceeP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I believe I have a good handle on KC. Blends on May 6 with AT LEAST sequence # 400 have been produced. Someone with a 300 sequence number was produced yesterday.

OP
OP
ScottBB

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
So update on 4/26 Build week status. I had two builds this week a 4/28 blend and a 4/29 blend. Both were on chip hold and both had a 10/31 ETA. The 4/29 blend was "built" 6/9 and delivered to me 4/22. Today I have been told that the 4/28 blend has moved from "chip hold" to "plant status". Dealer believes this means it has been put back into the plant for the chips to be put in. Anyway, they are working on them so it is good news.

Inshore97

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Honda Pilot, 2015 Genesis 3.8bSWD
Picked up the truck today. Jones Ford in Shallot NC were outstanding. Little to no rust and the dealership was outstanding. I would recommend anyone looking for a Ford to give them a call…
Sponsored