• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Apple phone overheating

RAB

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat. And 2019 Buick Enclave
Occupation
Retired. General Motors
Has anyone had a problem with their iPhone becoming. very warm when placing it in the narrow tray next to the shifter or in one of the cup holders of a 2021 power boost. I have noticed that my IPhone 12 Pro becomes very warm even if I have it in my pocket. Could this be caused by the battery cable running to the hybrid battery? I have an appointment with the dealership but, would like to know if anyone else has experienced this problem. Thanks in advance for your comments
Sponsored

DANNER

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat PowerBoost + FWC Project M
Whether the F150 is pumping too much juice, the phone itself should prevent it from overheating to dangerous levels. If you're concerned, you should bring it to a Genius Bar or call Apple Support. The phone is less than a year old, so it's still under warranty and if something is actually wrong you can probably get it fixed or maybe even a replaced entirely.

tardman91

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX
I’ve noticed my phone gets pretty hot sometimes too. I have a XR (upgrading this year) and I live in FL where the inside of the car is usually 110+ this time of year, so I don’t know how much is weather/age related. I’m using an Amazon 3’ lightning to USB A cable to charge it.

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
Are you using wireless carplay? That will really heat up your phone.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
reboot it

Chewza

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 AMB Plat PB
a thick case that doesn't allow the phone to dissipate heat while wireless charging and running wireless carplay maps / music streaming will likely be enough to cause a phone to overheat unless you've got the ambient temperature in the cabin down to around 70-72.

If you're not willing to switch out a case, plug the phone in instead of using wireless charging.

This has nothing to do with the hybrid vehicle system, and everything to do with the fact that wireless transmission and processing of a remote display is a lot of work for the phone which as i mentioned before, big / waterproof cases are not good at allowing heat to dissipate.
Sponsored