Sponsored

Apple CarPlay Tab Selected when iPhone Connects

volvofan94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 3.5L EcoBoost
Hi Everyone,

After OTA 3.5.4 was applied to my F150 XLT 302a (this was some time ago), Apple CarPlay is selected each time I start the truck when my iPhone connects. Normally I don't listen to music through CarPlay, just over the radio, so the CarPlay tab isn't selected prior to turning off the truck.

Anyone know of a way to change the setting? I'd like the truck to retain the last tab selected on the radio between power cycles (for me it's the Audio tab).

Thanks!!
Sponsored

jarcher

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Construction
I've found this as well, it's annoying. Not to mention my Sync now freezes and reboots all the time. In the middle of a business call this morning was fun.

sippy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 f150 platinum
I disabled wireless carplay and only use CP wired. There may be another solution...but this works for me.

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
I disabled wireless carplay and only use CP wired. There may be another solution...but this works for me.
I’ve done the same. I also think I notice a slight increase in audio quality with wired CarPlay over wireless

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
Hi Everyone,

After OTA 3.5.4 was applied to my F150 XLT 302a (this was some time ago), Apple CarPlay is selected each time I start the truck when my iPhone connects. Normally I don't listen to music through CarPlay, just over the radio, so the CarPlay tab isn't selected prior to turning off the truck.

Anyone know of a way to change the setting? I'd like the truck to retain the last tab selected on the radio between power cycles (for me it's the Audio tab).

Thanks!!
connects wireless or wired?

Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
It's not just Car play, Android Auto is doing the same thing with my truck. Whatever tab you leave off with the system defaults back to Android Auto on restart. This leads me to believe that it is a Ford SYNC software issue, and not Car play or Android Auto.

bgalakazam

First Name
Lubo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 500A Lariat 4x4 5.0L
I use wired, so if I don't want the Carplay, I just don't plug in. But also if I have the audio set to another source, it keeps it even after CarPlay tab is selected for me.

OP
OP

volvofan94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 3.5L EcoBoost
connects wireless or wired?

I'm using wireless Apple CarPlay.

It's not just Car play, Android Auto is doing the same thing with my truck. Whatever tab you leave off with the system defaults back to Android Auto on restart. This leads me to believe that it is a Ford SYNC software issue, and not Car play or Android Auto.
Yea, agreed, I'm thinking so too because everything worked as expected (in my experience) on SYNC versions prior to OTA 3.5.4.

Would there be a fix through FORscan we can do or are we waiting for a new OTA update?

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I'm using wireless Apple CarPlay.

Yea, agreed, I'm thinking so too because everything worked as expected (in my experience) on SYNC versions prior to OTA 3.5.4.

Would there be a fix through FORscan we can do or are we waiting for a new OTA update?
I'm. Also using wireless with Android Auto., and would also like to know if there is a fix for this in Forscan.
@Livnitup could you take a look at the op's question here and let us know if it's possible to correct this issue with forscan. Thank you! Sir

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
simply leaving wifi and bluetooth off on an iphone will not allow the phone to communicate with the truck when you first hop in.

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I'm. Also using wireless with Android Auto., and would also like to know if there is a fix for this in Forscan.
@Livnitup could you take a look at the op's question here and let us know if it's possible to correct this issue with forscan. Thank you! Sir
Sorry, I'm not aware of any FORScan tweak for this.
Sponsored