First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Nope no update, but verified the truck is close enough to the house to be on the WiFi network.
Sponsored

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
It's usually between 30-60mbs, so it's not really that painful. I remember when I had DSL and it was 6mbs. We are all short of memory. 🤣

20220922_214106.jpg

20220922_213841.jpg

20220922_214722.jpg

20220922_220423.jpg

Games?

Oh the grandkids buggars are going to be all over that glorious screen.

20220922_215514.jpg
Android auto lets you play games?

athenslb57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150
I checked my 22 this morning and nothing....

Sponsored

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
If anyone with a '21 sees this update, please let us know ASAP! I can't imagine that the 2022 hardware is that much different that it can't be done on a '21 also.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
If anyone with a '21 sees this update, please let us know ASAP! I can't imagine that the 2022 hardware is that much different that it can't be done on a '21 also.
Its not any different. Same part number.

I checked my 22 this morning and nothing....
Nope no update, but verified the truck is close enough to the house to be on the WiFi network.
These are available in FDRS. I have not seen them deployed via OTA as of yet.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
Their whole software structure is a mess and is definitely not sustainable in this new OTA updateable environment they are trying to promote.

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
Their whole software structure is a mess and is definitely not sustainable in this new OTA updateable environment they are trying to promote.
I have to agree. This has been a Ford issue for years. In fairness, it isn’t just Ford, but since Ford pushed Sync so hard I do tend to see them as a particular example. I don’t know if it is just sloppiness or an artifact of how automotive software tended to be “release as perfect as possible and patch only when absolutely necessary“ but they’ve historically been horrible about having all versions of the same hardware running the same software. Half the time, the same hardware isn’t even “allowed” to run the same software if the versioning didn’t match up to what they were expecting. I did read yesterday they’ve been hiring more tech company oriented executives, so perhaps they’ll finally start learning normal software practices, but I did notice the article specified those hires were for the. “e” division…hopefully, Ford is wise enough not to repeat prior mistakes and make sure development from one division isn’t being withheld from others.

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
Well just got news if you have a 2022 they released this as an apim update. Iceman just installed it so if you have a 2022 you will have this available as of now. I don’t know what builds will but it’s is rolling out.

version 22228
Rev 539

@Snakebitten I bet this includes you
Thats awesome news! Hopefully that will translate to it also being relatively close to inclusion in an OTA update, too, for the folks who aren’t quite willing to play with FDRS.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thats awesome news! Hopefully that will translate to it also being relatively close to inclusion in an OTA update, too, for the folks who aren’t quite willing to play with FDRS.
We will see sooon I hope.

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
I have to agree. This has been a Ford issue for years. In fairness, it isn’t just Ford, but since Ford pushed Sync so hard I do tend to see them as a particular example. I don’t know if it is just sloppiness or an artifact of how automotive software tended to be “release as perfect as possible and patch only when absolutely necessary“ but they’ve historically been horrible about having all versions of the same hardware running the same software. Half the time, the same hardware isn’t even “allowed” to run the same software if the versioning didn’t match up to what they were expecting. I did read yesterday they’ve been hiring more tech company oriented executives, so perhaps they’ll finally start learning normal software practices, but I did notice the article specified those hires were for the. “e” division…hopefully, Ford is wise enough not to repeat prior mistakes and make sure development from one division isn’t being withheld from others.
Ford is a 119 year old software startup.

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
Very curious to see what the version number will be when it goes OTA

BlueFalcon

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Bronco, 2022 F-150 King Ranch
Yep. The old man is sitting in his Powerboost again, late at night with the AC running and the stereo playing while a laptop does its magic. 😎

I live deep in the woods so my internet is cellular. I just relax and enjoy the process.

20220922_212011.jpg
Have you looked into starlink? I have seen it used a few places and it is amazing.