Sponsored

Apple Carplay / Android Auto expand display

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I really don't want to abuse the generosity of those with FDRS access, but if anyone is willing to check on my OTA status, I would be very grateful!

My job1 2021 was built in December 2020, purchased in February 2021, and did not receive a single update until July 2022 (after I heavy-handed the dealer with the help of @Livnitup). Finally, after that last visit's APM programming and the preceding TCU/GWM replacements, my truck started receiving OTA updates at what seemed to be a relatively regular interval.

Unfortunately, that interval appears to have stopped again, with the last "Big things are coming..." update (3.5.2) being installed on 10/6/22. Since that time, I haven't seen any activity at all regarding available or forthcoming updates.

Since I am no longer able to view OTA history with @tonesto7 's scriptable widget (and have learned that I can't trust a word out of my dealer's mouth), I fear that my truck may be in another stage of "update lockout" like it had been previously.

Admittedly, since my actual Sync system issues were resolved after my last go-round with the dealer, OTA's are more a want than a need, but at the very least I'd like to know if anyone would be willing to check for any failed push attempts my truck may have encountered behind the scenes.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

VIN: 1FTEW1EP8MFA44136

Current Status: Power-Up 2.5.2 / Sync v22192 r498
There's been no OTA activity with your truck in at least the last 60 days.
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Unfortunately, that interval appears to have stopped again, with the last "Big things are coming..." update (3.5.2) being installed on 10/6/22. Since that time, I haven't seen any activity at all regarding available or forthcoming updates.
You're in the same boat as most truck owners. Ford recently started pushing out 3.5.3 again, so you should hopefully get it sooner than later. Many people have reported getting it lately.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I really don't want to abuse the generosity of those with FDRS access, but if anyone is willing to check on my OTA status, I would be very grateful!

My job1 2021 was built in December 2020, purchased in February 2021, and did not receive a single update until July 2022 (after I heavy-handed the dealer with the help of @Livnitup). Finally, after that last visit's APM programming and the preceding TCU/GWM replacements, my truck started receiving OTA updates at what seemed to be a relatively regular interval.

Since I am no longer able to view OTA history with @tonesto7 's scriptable widget (and have learned that I can't trust a word out of my dealer's mouth), I fear that my truck may be in another stage of "update lockout" like it had been previously.

Admittedly, since my actual Sync system issues were resolved after my last go-round with the dealer, OTA's are more a want than a need, but at the very least I'd like to know if anyone would be willing to check for any failed push attempts my truck may have encountered behind the scenes.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

VIN: 1FTEW1EP8MFA44136

Current Status: Power-Up 2.5.2 / Sync v22192 r498
3.5.3 / Sync v22293 was not released until just a week or so ago, Apparently Ford had a problem with it. It has been released now and your probably in que waiting for it, As well as many others here.

Last edited:

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
@Livnitup
@rugedraw
@Big Dog Daddy

Copy that, and thanks for the information!!! I've been off the forums for a while, thus obviously out of the loop with any pause in OTA's. I suppose my previous experience just led me to assume it was another issue with my truck specifically.

I sincerely appreciate your help, as always. Cheers!

Sponsored

AverageGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Powerboost
3.5.3 / Sync v22192 was not released until just a week or so ago, Apparently Ford had a problem with it. It has been released now and your probably in que waiting for it, As well as many others here.
That's good to know. I checked my 21 powerboost and I'm still at 22177_PRODUCT Revision 473. It'd be nice to get this update.

Also, I find it weird that my truck says I have Ford Sync 4, but my Ford pass says I have Sync 4a. And Ford pass says I don't have automatic uodates on but my truck says I do. Weird....

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
That's good to know. I checked my 21 powerboost and I'm still at 22177_PRODUCT Revision 473. It'd be nice to get this update.

Also, I find it weird that my truck says I have Ford Sync 4, but my Ford pass says I have Sync 4a. And Ford pass says I don't have automatic uodates on but my truck says I do. Weird....
You my want to inquire with @rugedraw with your Vin number. He may be able to offer you some insight as to your OTA status. He's usually available on weekdays to help people with this.
Good luck