APIM

SpaceWhtF150

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX 4x4
Hello, Reaching out to see if this is a common problem, or if there are any suggested fixes. I have 2021 F150 STX purchased in April 2021. In March of 2022 the radio screen became jumbled with text not displaying correctly and features not working properly. After trying hard and soft resets I took the truck to dealer and received these service notes "Verify customer concern-Attempt to perform Sync update-update will not perform-Perform pinpoint test and hardware test and found APIM to fail hardware test-recommend to replace APIM-Special ordered part MU5T-14G670-BN." Its been nearly 3 months and no word on part availability. Not getting any meaningful updates from Dealer or Ford Customer Service. Ford Customer Service keeps telling me they need to check with the dealer, which seems odd because Ford produces the part. Honestly Feeling hopeless and wishing I would have bought the Tundra, and wouldn't recommend Ford to anyone. Yes there is a chip shortage, but trucks are rolling off the line. Anything I can do here? @Ford Motor Company
Sponsored

OP
OP

SpaceWhtF150

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX 4x4
Crickets. Beware potential truck buyer, Ford does not have your back!

Timtoolman

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Retired Nuc welder , and Dot
Ford F-150 APIM 7680B729-D220-42EF-A086-C4BFFBFFA416
I have a Appt next week for a new Apim on my 21 Xlt 302a

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
I'm waiting for a APIM as well. Dealer cant tell me when, since they're waiting for the new updated APIM. There's some of the older APIM's around, but they're not to be used up, according to ford's instructions to dealers!

Sponsored

Mattman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
I’m also waiting for an APIM. I was told there were 600 APIM orders that came in (this was late May / early June) and they all were required to be reprogrammed before they could be sent, and would be sent in the order received. I’m approaching two months without being able to get an update on when they’ll be shipped out, so I’m just going to be as patient as I can. Sucks because this all happened due to my OTA errors, so my truck’s software is outdated and no modules can be updated until the new APIM arrives.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I’m also waiting for an APIM. I was told there were 600 APIM orders that came in (this was late May / early June) and they all were required to be reprogrammed before they could be sent, and would be sent in the order received. I’m approaching two months without being able to get an update on when they’ll be shipped out, so I’m just going to be as patient as I can. Sucks because this all happened due to my OTA errors, so my truck’s software is outdated and no modules can be updated until the new APIM arrives.
Good morning. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to see what I can do to assist with your APIM order.

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
I am also waiting for an APIM.

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
My truck was stuck on the greyed out OTA button. 12 days at dealer #1 with no success fixing it. They said after talking with Ford that it needed an APIM. I took it to a different dealer and they fixed it in a couple hours without putting a new APIM in it. Jesse looked at what the first dealer had done and told me he didn't think it needed an APIM, just a tech that knew what he was doing. I'm not saying none of the trucks need an APIM, just a second dealer is worth a shot.

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lariat 502A FX4 5.0
I agree. My dealer told me in response to all sorts of odd issues that the APIM needed to be replaced. Had it in for other issues and they told me it had been reset while they waited for a new APIM as they were in short supply.

Went back to get the same issues resolved and during a discussion with a lead tech expereinced in the software issues found that that NO update had been performed previously as the update kept crashing.

Turns out that the update required other mods that also affected OTA updates before new software could be loaded.

Sure enough, got it all updated, no APIM replacement and everything is working mostly as intended.....

On start up my iphone/carplay connects instantly 9 out of 10 times. No more screen freeze, carplay freeze/disconnect.

Go to another dealer, ask them to do an update...... properly
Sponsored