First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Teacher
Hello I was wondering if anybody is ever used the PowerTrax MX power retractable cover for their F150 I’m considering getting it for mine and I’m just curious if anybody else’s likes it thanks!
Sponsored

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
Hello I was wondering if anybody is ever used the PowerTrax MX power retractable cover for their F150 I’m considering getting it for mine and I’m just curious if anybody else’s likes it thanks!
I have a non power Retrax MX and really like it.

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 f-150 powerboost, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
I've pretty much decided on the Pace Edwards Ultragroove electric. It's $100-$200 cheaper, and has 1 feature that I prefer: You only need to press the buttons once and it will open and close all the way. With the PowerTrax you need to stand there holding the button until it finishes closing / opening. When I was in New Zealand I rented a Ford Ranger which had a factory-installed electric retractable cover. On it, I similarly only had to press the button once, and I found it perfect.

The perfect one seems to be the EGR rolltrac, but they only have it for the Jeep Gladiator in the US, and aren't expecting to have the f-150 version until next year.

OP
OP

TruckGal516

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Teacher
I've pretty much decided on the Pace Edwards Ultragroove electric. It's $100-$200 cheaper, and has 1 feature that I prefer: You only need to press the buttons once and it will open and close all the way. With the PowerTrax you need to stand there holding the button until it finishes closing / opening. When I was in New Zealand I rented a Ford Ranger which had a factory-installed electric retractable cover. On it, I similarly only had to press the button once, and I found it perfect.

The perfect one seems to be the EGR rolltrac, but they only have it for the Jeep Gladiator in the US, and aren't expecting to have the f-150 version until next year.
Unfortunately the pace edwards is not available for the 2021s yet. I’m thinking of getting the E-series rolls lock. Hi

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I have the Powertrax XR and really like it. I had he Powertrax MX on my last truck. They are both the same covers, just the rails are different.

Sponsored

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Unfortunately the pace edwards is not available for the 2021s yet. I’m thinking of getting the E-series rolls lock. Hi
I'd like to correct you there - I installed my Pace Edwards Ultragroove Electric this weekend. Ordered from RealTruck, arrived in under 2 weeks.
I'll have to take a photo for you.

Hudnut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Auto industry
I have Retrax XR. It is so fast and effortless to open that I cant imagine the benefit of using the powered version. One may argue that if your hands are full you can just hit the FOB but reaching for the fob is an equal effort to just popping the lever. not to mention, now you have to carry around 2 FOBs. maybe i'm just missing something

OP
OP

TruckGal516

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Teacher
I'd like to correct you there - I installed my Pace Edwards Ultragroove Electric this weekend. Ordered from RealTruck, arrived in under 2 weeks.
I'll have to take a photo for you.
Thank you when I called supplier to inquire about ordering was told they don’t have yet for 2021. I will check out where you bought yours.

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
I have Retrax XR. It is so fast and effortless to open that I cant imagine the benefit of using the powered version. One may argue that if your hands are full you can just hit the FOB but reaching for the fob is an equal effort to just popping the lever. not to mention, now you have to carry around 2 FOBs. maybe i'm just missing something
With the manual version you have to carry around a key and keep locking / unlocking whenever opening and closing. I velcro my fob to the inside of the bed (as well as the inside of the cab).

Hudnut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Auto industry
With the manual version you have to carry around a key and keep locking / unlocking whenever opening and closing. I velcro my fob to the inside of the bed (as well as the inside of the cab).
ya, that bugged me too. I keep the key on a retractable badge lanyard inside the bed by the power outlet.
Sponsored