First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
Never used a paint sealant so I know nothing about them. I read an article on them and they listed the top five: I guess they replace the need for wax?
Ceramic Shine
Street
Recharge by Hydrosilex
System X by Element 119
Reload By Carpro
Sponsored

Whoskyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
They are decent, but don’t last as long. You’re better off using a ceramic coating

Valleyrider

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Think of a car wax as something that will last 2-4 weeks max and a sealant will last 2-6 months on the truck. If your truck parks outside and not in a garage the sealant will last 1-6 months before reapplication is warranted. A ceramic coating will last 1-3 years with effectiveness on an outside parked truck.

When considering your final top coat think about how much time you like to invest in cleaning your truck and how often you may want to wax or apply a sealant. If you enjoy it and to detail the truck often then go with a wax, if only once a month or every couple months then go sealant, if you don’t want to wax the truck at all then go with aceramic coating but make sure you do a full paint correction first and never run it through an automatic car wash after ceramic coating it or the coating will be ruined.

I use a sealant on my truck and reapply every few months usually.
Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze is my sealant of choice.
Sponsored