Sponsored

Anyone use a storage box like this (last boks storage organizer)?

DanielG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Price seems a little high for what you get and I have a cooler on the right side and my generator plugs on the left.
Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
It kind if strikes me as something fir people who probably should have just bought an Escape [or other SUV].
Lol, I tend to agree, and I feel the same about tonneau covers and carpet bed-mats.

Me, I'm regularly hauling stuff that uses the full capacity of my bed front-to-back, side-to-side, is taller than the rails, and would play havoc with a carpet mat. I love having a fully-open bed with Line-X as my 'baseline', using weatherproof tote-boxes and tie-downs as necessary.

But, folks use their pickups in lots of different ways, and that's definitely cool, too (y) ;)

OP
OP
FrankThompson

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
It kind if strikes me as something fir people who probably should have just bought an Escape.
I mean I guess, but I use truck as a truck to haul crap (though I don't drive far or much, I benefit from a truck over other vehicle types). It's nice to have a way to keep small crap from rolling back into the bed though if I have to stop at the store or something. I would use the boxlinks and some etrack accessories to create a temp wall like many others have done, but my swing case prevents this.

This seems to offer me an alternative while allowing me to easily remove it when I need to haul bigger stuff.

If I get the escape though you can't bitch at me when you see me driving around like this:
Ford F-150 Anyone use a storage box like this (last boks storage organizer)? lumber

OP
OP
FrankThompson

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Lol, I tend to agree, and I feel the same about tonneau covers and carpet bed-mats.

Me, I'm regularly hauling stuff that uses the full capacity of my bed front-to-back, side-to-side, is taller than the rails, and would play havoc with a carpet mat. I love having a fully-open bed with Line-X as my 'baseline', using weatherproof tote-boxes and tie-downs as necessary.

But, folks use their pickups in lots of different ways, and that's definitely cool, too (y) ;)
I couldn't agree more with your last statement.

I like the bedrug because it's easy on my knees if I have to get up into the bed to pull crap out. I'm old. It's also pretty stout and I've never had an issue with it wearing down (I had one on my '17).

I also have a tonneau cover because the truck used to be our family trip car when my wife had a jeep renegade and we found when we went out of town we didn't like all our crap (luggage or stuff we bought to bring home) just out in the open bed. I had more than a few trips before the tonneau cover where I had to keep transferring crap from the bed to the back seat to secure it while we went into other places. It sucked.

I also like the cover can be fully removed to use the full bed when I need that (though since it's a retrax you have to pan for that and remove it before you leave) that's not often though.

I'm an avid DIYer and I haul crap almost every weekend. The truck just made sense over the minivan I used to use years ago. I could be hauling plywood or concrete block, or drainage stone, mulch, soil, etc. Crap that if it gets on the bedrug I could care less, but when I had to put it in the back of a car or minivan it sucked and was a pain to clean up afterwards. I am regularly getting my mom 2 blocks over soil for all her gardening needs (like 20cuft at a time).

I used to rent the home Depot pickup years ago for $20 before they stopped offering that locally.

I would like something like this thing because if I run to the store I hate when crap just rolls to the back of the bed and I have to crawl in there and retrieve it.

I use my truck for a lot of different things so I look for products to facilitate that.

All that said, it's $200 and I'm still on the fence due to that price. I'll probably just do a camelcamelcamel alert to see if it drops and get it cheaper if I can.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
I mean I guess, but I use truck as a truck to haul crap (though I don't drive far or much, I benefit from a truck over other vehicle types). It's nice to have a way to keep small crap from rolling back into the bed though if I have to stop at the store or something. I would use the boxlinks and some etrack accessories to create a temp wall like many others have done, but my swing case prevents this.

This seems to offer me an alternative while allowing me to easily remove it when I need to haul bigger stuff.

If I get the escape though you can't bitch at me when you see me driving around like this:
lumber.jpg
I understand we all have trucks for different reasons. I just said it gives me that feeling. I don’t even really agree with all that is being said by people who are "agreeing with my post".

My bed is empty 95% of the time but when I need it I need it all, and I prefer having AWD in MI winters.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FrankThompson

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I understand we all have trucks for different reasons. I just said it gives me that feeling. I don’t even really agree with all that is being said by people who are "agreeing with my post".

My bed is empty 95% of the time but when I need it I need it all, and I prefer having AWD in MI winters.
Yeah I was just having a bit of fun with my response towards the end of my comment 🙂

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I like that thing. It does look "polished" however it is not a cheap date. I might see if I can make one that folds up so storing it, if need be, is easier.

I also bought the Harbor Freight E Track board holders ($6 x 2). I was thinking of using a 2x3 and then hanging thin plywood for the bed form with cutouts for Molle plates.

So many things I am thinking about but I just need the truck to be able to visualize what I want to do. Why does every option have to have pluses and minuses. :)

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
My truck is definitely a pavement princess / family hauler and proud of it. I think this Boks thing looks great for 95% of what I carry in my bed. However, storage would be a challenge if you ever need to haul something large without notice or buy something large on impulse. Also curious if it would interfere with a swing case...?

OP
OP
FrankThompson

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
My truck is definitely a pavement princess / family hauler and proud of it. I think this Boks thing looks great for 95% of what I carry in my bed. However, storage would be a challenge if you ever need to haul something large without notice or buy something large on impulse. Also curious if it would interfere with a swing case...?
Swing case: they make 3 widths: 56", 52", and 48". I read reviews and someone uses the 48" in an f150 with 2 swing cases. While I do expect it to block the swing case, the last boks does slide out and I think you could still access the swing box. I just use my swing case to hold straps and the like so this is ok with me.

Blocking large items: another concern of mine. It does just slide in and uses straps to hold it in so you could easily unhook it and change it's orientation or slide it to the end of the bed? Not sure.... Still thinking that throigh

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer

Tonneau covers? So keeping stuff dry is akin to not using the bed?

Sponsored

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I wondered about that one too.
Yeah, i dont leave my chainsaw and fishing/hunting/camping stuff laying in bed uncovered from view or the elements.

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
That's another reason why I bought it, it weighs about 5lbs and I can either toss it in the garage or move it out of the way. I kept thinking, $200 for this when I can make something exactly the right size? But it would be heavy, have sharp corners and take a few hours and still cost me $80 in wood.

I do haul groceries and the last time I put paper bag groceries in the back and they sat on the damp floor the bottom of the bag basically dissolved by the time I got home. I wish I could have gotten a 2022 Tahoe but they're about 20k more and in addition to hauling groceries, 2 kids, a dog and making multiple trips to Menards for lumber for whatever fence, paver patio or retaining wall I'm building I'm constantly throwing luggage, bouncers, walkers and a power wheels for a weekend at the grandparents.

So for me a truck fits my needs very well and not much else would. You don't need to pretend to be an off-road warrior with mud boggers that whistle down the road, lifted and lose 4mpg to "need" a truck.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
That's another reason why I bought it, it weighs about 5lbs and I can either toss it in the garage or move it out of the way. I kept thinking, $200 for this when I can make something exactly the right size? But it would be heavy, have sharp corners and take a few hours and still cost me $80 in wood.

I do haul groceries and the last time I put paper bag groceries in the back and they sat on the damp floor the bottom of the bag basically dissolved by the time I got home. I wish I could have gotten a 2022 Tahoe but they're about 20k more and in addition to hauling groceries, 2 kids, a dog and making multiple trips to Menards for lumber for whatever fence, paver patio or retaining wall I'm building I'm constantly throwing luggage, bouncers, walkers and a power wheels for a weekend at the grandparents.

So for me a truck fits my needs very well and not much else would. You don't need to pretend to be an off-road warrior with mud boggers that whistle down the road, lifted and lose 4mpg to "need" a truck.
Amen.

OP
OP
FrankThompson

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect

You've really almost convinced me the $200 is worth it. I'm like on the edge :)
Sponsored