Sponsored

Anyone Turn OWL Inside on Sport with 18's and Goodyear Wranglers Pics?

GregL

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport
Anyone have their tires remounted and turned to be blackwalls-out on 18" Sport wheels and the OWL Goodyear Wranglers? I'm looking for pics if you have. Something about the OWL and the thin silver lines on the wheels seems a bit off to me and I wanted to see what it looks like with blackwalls.
Sponsored

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
Anyone have their tires remounted and turned to be blackwalls-out on 18" Sport wheels and the OWL Goodyear Wranglers? I'm looking for pics if you have. Something about the OWL and the thin silver lines on the wheels seems a bit off to me and I wanted to see what it looks like with blackwalls.
These are not the original Goodyears, but they should still give you an idea of what no OWLs look like.

Ford F-150 Anyone Turn OWL Inside on Sport with 18's and Goodyear Wranglers Pics? PXL_20210321_210335593~2
Ford F-150 Anyone Turn OWL Inside on Sport with 18's and Goodyear Wranglers Pics? PXL_20210321_205540761.PORTRAIT~2

OP
OP
GregL

GregL

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport
These are not the original Goodyears, but they should still give you an idea of what no OWLs look like.

PXL_20210321_210335593~2.jpg
PXL_20210321_205540761.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
Thanks! I saw your pics earlier too and love how yours looks and am pricing the larger Toyo now too.

Is yours leveled too?

wsp1811

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Sport-Screw, 2.7L,carbonized grey, 302a.
I am glad to see this thread. I am waiting for my carbonized grey XLT sport with 18" wheels and am not a big fan of the OWL either. Even thought about plasti-dipping my wheels to go all black. Did that to my Jeep Wrangle wheels 4 years ago and they still look great. Hope to see some more pics pop up on this thread.

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 2.7L EB Screw 4x4 501A
Occupation
Software
I did have mine remounted at Costco. I’m Carbonized Gray in the Lariat trim, but with Chrome package and 18” GoodYear, not the Sport, sorry. FWIW, I do like it much better. It was only like $80 to do, and less than an hour wait. You also get nitrogen at Costco if that’s something you care about at all.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GregL

GregL

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport
I did have mine remounted at Costco. I’m Carbonized Gray in the Lariat trim, but with Chrome package and 18” GoodYear, not the Sport, sorry. FWIW, I do like it much better. It was only like $80 to do, and less than an hour wait. You also get nitrogen at Costco if that’s something you care about at all.
Thanks! Could post pics? I'm CB too. I'm really undecided on flipping or going with Toyo's.

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 2.7L EB Screw 4x4 501A
Occupation
Software
Thanks! Could post pics? I'm CB too. I'm really undecided on flipping or going with Toyo's.
Sure, no problem. I can get a better one later if you like. This was taken just a couple of minutes after a sleet shower passed through this morning, and I wasn't sure if more was on the way.

Ford F-150 Anyone Turn OWL Inside on Sport with 18's and Goodyear Wranglers Pics? cb_wheels1

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
Thanks! I saw your pics earlier too and love how yours looks and am pricing the larger Toyo now too.

Is yours leveled too?
Thanks

2" level kit.... not quite level, but less rake with plenty of room for the 275/70/18 Toyos

Barely noticeable mpg hit with same smooth ride as the stock Goodyear Wranglers.

Only a couple hundred miles later, still very satisfied.

Last edited:

Norris McCarty

First Name
Norris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat 4x4 PB 7.2k FX4 17”Raptor Beadlocks
Occupation
Own a RV dealership
Sure, no problem. I can get a better one later if you like. This was taken just a couple of minutes after a sleet shower passed through this morning, and I wasn't sure if more was on the way.

cb_wheels1.jpeg
I love those wheels........you don’t see many of the 18” wheels that aren’t the sport wheels. Most people seem to like wheels that at least have some black trim if not fully blacked out.
The 18” chrome look PVD wheels are certainly my favorite.
Sponsored