First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
For those who financed through FMCC for the $1K incentive - and paying off early, I have a a few questions for you.

1. Did you read the finance contract? Was there anything in there about obtaining the title once loan is paided in full?

2. Was there an early payoff pently - heard there is not - just checking.

3. Also, read online that the #1 complaint from those who finance through FMCC was - once they paid off the load - Ford only gave them a release from lien "statement" - that's it & no title. You as an individual have to go through your DMV and then file for the title on your own. (What say you?)
1. In Michigan the owner gets the title with or without a lien. I don't know what NC does. I received my title within 2 weeks of purchase showing FMCC as the lien holder.

2. First statement from FMCC came Monday with a normal payment amount and a payoff amount good through 3/20. Check's in mail with payoff amount.

3. In Michigan, I'll get the release of lien along with the paid paperwork in a few weeks once my check clears. The release of lien will get stored with the title and that's it.
In Florida, title holding state, I think you just take the release of lien paperwork to the Tag Office and the state sends the title out if you want a piece of paper.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Agashi25

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
I get the peace of mind of having your vehicle paid off, but I can’t stomach tying up $70K in a depreciating asset when I can keep it in the market and get much better returns. Credit union rate is 2.39% - cheap money.
Same! No way I’m dropping that much cash on a vehicle especially during the pandemic. No way..

Steve2352

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 and 2019 Infiniti QX50
Occupation
Retired Business Executive
That’s exactly the situation/information that I’ve been looking for. I’m a cash buyer, so wanted to know what the minimum loan amount needed to be to get the $1k back.

A buddy of mine did something similar with Audi financing, but had to wait 90 days to pay it off. You’re sure you can do within 30 days? [Not doubting you, just seeking clarification.]

Thanks!
The dealer said I could pay it off fully before 30 days

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I get all of that. GM and Ram are in the same boat, they are selling trucks in transit before they even hit the lots. Same plant and chip issues, same demand. Yet they offer better finance rates across the board. Where getting 2.9 with Ford seems to be a stellar deal, it’s nothing to walk out from GM with 1.9 and full rebates. I’m just wondering if there is a reason that Ford isn’t more competitive with their finance rates. If the majority of people finance with them to get a discount and then immediately refinance elsewhere they are losing that $1000 plus whatever interest they would have gotten. Seems like a bad financial decision on their part.
I hear ya and you right. More people would leave their truck financed with Ford if they were competitive.

BigTex22
I agree with you on that but I had traded my paid off 2018 in and so my payoff was just over $18k. I'm too old to be financing anything at this stage in my life.

Uugg hate saying that "old" word. ?

Jim Bandy
No penalty, no issues getting clear title, over and done.

Ford F-150 Anyone recently financed through Ford? 1615076127916

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
Texas and Florida no Title until vehicle is paid off they hold it.

Sponsored

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
I'm right with you Bob - to old now to be making long lengthy pmts.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
In NC I financed through Ford in 2018 and I paid off the loan after one payment. I received the title 2 or 3 weeks later.

imgone10

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 FJ Cruiser, 15 TRD Pro 4Runner, 2021 Lariat.
Occupation
Construction / US Army 84-96
My credit score is 810, best FMCC gave me was 7.64%, and I put 30K down on the truck. My credit union just refinanced me at 2.24%. I used Ford to get the money off. In Massachusetts you don't get the title till the vehicle is payed off.

jwgreene

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT supercrew in leadfoot with 5.0
I hear ya and you right. More people would leave their truck financed with Ford if they were competitive.

BigTex22
I agree with you on that but I had traded my paid off 2018 in and so my payoff was just over $18k. I'm too old to be financing anything at this stage in my life.

Uugg hate saying that "old" word. ?

Jim Bandy
No penalty, no issues getting clear title, over and done.

1615076127916.jpeg
Had some discussion with my dealership earlier and was told that they could definitely get me at 1.9% through Tennessee Valley Credit Union which is one of their approved lenders. So it looks like my pestering and comparison to GM and Ram with them has paid off. So at least there is some good news while I wait for the truck to arrive.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Had some discussion with my dealership earlier and was told that they could definitely get me at 1.9% through Tennessee Valley Credit Union which is one of their approved lenders. So it looks like my pestering and comparison to GM and Ram with them has paid off. So at least there is some good news while I wait for the truck to arrive.
Are they not offering the finance rebates? If so I would for sure start with them for that is some serious free money, then re-finance to the 1.9%.

Sponsored

jwgreene

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT supercrew in leadfoot with 5.0
Are they not offering the finance rebates? If so I would for sure start with them for that is some serious free money, then re-finance to the 1.9%.
They are and that is exactly my plan. I happen to bank at TVFCU, so getting a good rate there should be a cinch.

mdmeints

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Explorer, 2008 Sea Ray
Occupation
Retired
For those who financed through FMCC for the $1K incentive - and paying off early, I have a a few questions for you.

1. Did you read the finance contract? Was there anything in there about obtaining the title once loan is paided in full?

2. Was there an early payoff pently - heard there is not - just checking.

3. Also, read online that the #1 complaint from those who finance through FMCC was - once they paid off the load - Ford only gave them a release from lien "statement" - that's it & no title. You as an individual have to go through your DMV and then file for the title on your own. (What say you?)

Just paid mine off, 24 days. My title and license plate are still not here. I know it will have a lien on it, and I will get the title cleared next year when I get the license. Ford sends the release to you in 10-15 days after it is paid off.
There was no pay off penalty and I never saw any penalty, them removing the rebate, in the fine print. So it was about 19 dollars cost for 1000 rebate. Not a bad deal

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
I get the peace of mind of having your vehicle paid off, but I can’t stomach tying up $70K in a depreciating asset when I can keep it in the market and get much better returns. Credit union rate is 2.39% - cheap money.
Totally right! Borrowing money is cheap, and has been for several years now. That money would do better over the long haul (10+ years) in a balanced index fund, and from a purely financial leverage / return standpoint is the wise thing to do.

I've reached a point in my life, however, where we're financially secure and having zero debt provides valued peace of mind.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Totally right! Borrowing money is cheap, and has been for several years now. That money would do better over the long haul (10+ years) in a balanced index fund, and from a purely financial leverage / return standpoint is the wise thing to do.

I've reached a point in my life, however, where we're financially secure and having zero debt provides valued peace of mind.
You got that right, best feeling in the world isn't it! (y) The whole time when I had to borrow to buy anything large the rates were high, now that I don't owe anything the rates are stupid low. :rolleyes:

Now if I can just keep the government hands off of it...:sneaky:

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
I'm with you Bob, we know Army pay made it almost impossible to avoid financing. I always got caught in those high rates. But darn sure don't owe anyone anything now - all is paid off long ago.
Sponsored

Last edited: