First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Neither does GM or Ram, all 3 are selling what they want due to shutdowns and chip shortages. Yet the two mentioned above seem more willing to negotiate. I’m not certain that a lot of folks here didn’t just accept what they were told when the finance guy said we can only do 6%. I’ve never paid over 2.9% on a vehicle financing through the manufacturer, and that includes my first new vehicle purchase as a 22 year old with not much credit.
If I get up and walk out at a 2.9% offer I’d put money on getting called back in before I make the parking lot with a lower rate offered.
They gave me 2.9% and my credit score was also well over 800 but I did not intend to finance anything, only did it to get the rebate. Paid it off now and have title in hand. I think it may vary regional or something for I agree, makes no since some of the rates I had been hearing about from folks with high credit scores.

Norris is right, dealer would just have to find another financial company to go with but then you loose out on the rebate. Get what you can and then re-finance, nothing to it these days and it is easy and then walk away with the rebate.

About a month ago the average length of time the F150s were on the lot before they sold was 6 days. Car lots have trucks but they are also selling as fast as they arrive. Look at how long some of these members have been waiting on pre-sold unites.
Sponsored

jwgreene

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT supercrew in leadfoot with 5.0
They gave me 2.9% and my credit score was also well over 800 but I did not intend to finance anything, only did it to get the rebate. Paid it off now and have title in hand. I think it may vary regional or something for I agree, makes no since some of the rates I had been hearing about from folks with high credit scores.

Norris is right, dealer would just have to find another financial company to go with but then you loose out on the rebate. Get what you can and then re-finance, nothing to it these days and it is easy and then walk away with the rebate.

About a month ago the average length of time the F150s were on the lot before they sold was 6 days. Car lots have trucks but they are also selling as fast as they arrive. Look at how long some of these members have been waiting on pre-sold unites.
I get all of that. GM and Ram are in the same boat, they are selling trucks in transit before they even hit the lots. Same plant and chip issues, same demand. Yet they offer better finance rates across the board. Where getting 2.9 with Ford seems to be a stellar deal, it’s nothing to walk out from GM with 1.9 and full rebates. I’m just wondering if there is a reason that Ford isn’t more competitive with their finance rates. If the majority of people finance with them to get a discount and then immediately refinance elsewhere they are losing that $1000 plus whatever interest they would have gotten. Seems like a bad financial decision on their part.

Norris McCarty

First Name
Norris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat 4x4 PB 7.2k FX4 17”Raptor Beadlocks
Occupation
Own a RV dealership
Don’t worry, I think Ford Motor Company will be ok.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I used FMCC to get the $1,000 rebate. Just got my first statement and a check for the payoff is in the envelope. The net actual rebate to me was $832 after the interest to pay it off was deducted. Still a win for me. First vehicle I've "financed" in maybe 20 years.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I get all of that. GM and Ram are in the same boat, they are selling trucks in transit before they even hit the lots. Same plant and chip issues, same demand. Yet they offer better finance rates across the board. Where getting 2.9 with Ford seems to be a stellar deal, it’s nothing to walk out from GM with 1.9 and full rebates. I’m just wondering if there is a reason that Ford isn’t more competitive with their finance rates. If the majority of people finance with them to get a discount and then immediately refinance elsewhere they are losing that $1000 plus whatever interest they would have gotten. Seems like a bad financial decision on their part.
GM and Ram are really battling to become #2 in truck sales. They are funding that quest to try and get non-loyal buyers in their trucks. Ram has had their current generation out for 2 years and GM for 1. Neither had giveaway financing when their current generation hit the showrooms.

If I actually had to finance, I didn't, I would use someone other than FMCC and not mess with screwing around with having to immediately refinance. But, that's just me.

Having a hissy fit in the dealership over it will get you nowhere unless you ordered a screwball spec'd out truck. Then they might do anything for you to get it off the lot. Normal truck? See ya.....

Sponsored

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
I really think the FMC rates are not standardized, and may be driven in part by regional location, and "what the market will bear" (and possibly the vehicle trim level / price point?).

Would not be surprised to find two people with identical credit scores getting a different rate depending on where they live.

During my initial negotiations with the dealer in mid-January, the rates quoted by FMC were across the board:
  • 3.94% for 72 months
  • 6.99% for 48 months
  • 3.90% for 48 months
At time of delivery in early March I ended up with 4.82% for 36 months. Didn't spend any time trying to get a better rate as it's getting paid off in 1-2 weeks.

Colin.Drury

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat - 66 Mustang 289
Occupation
Recreation Industry
Apply through Bank of America - Ford has a relationship with BOA so your dealership should be on their website. I applied on BOA's website and my dealer said they match it because of the BOA/Ford relationship.

I'm barrowing 20k at 2.29% for 72 Months. 800+ Credit Score

Remember - The dealership wants your loan. Its about the only edge you have cause they know you want the truck! Don't forget to bring your approval letter.

Chris McN

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, 2021 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 3.5l EB
Occupation
Retired
My deal came with $1500 in rebates not tied to financing, a $2000 PCO and my dealer price-protected me on the Max-tow package which was $1350 when I ordered the truck in Oct (vs. $1995 now). I financed through a local bank (Canandaigua National B&T) for 2.09%, 60 months.

Sponsored

spitteler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
With more then a 50% down payment and a 800+ credit score, they offered us 6.89% but were able to "work it down" to a whopping 6.69%. This was in February. I will be refinancing or paying off the note after 4 months make sure to keep the $1,000 financing rebate.

BigTex22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford F-150 King Ranch
I get the peace of mind of having your vehicle paid off, but I can’t stomach tying up $70K in a depreciating asset when I can keep it in the market and get much better returns. Credit union rate is 2.39% - cheap money.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
For those who financed through FMCC for the $1K incentive - and paying off early, I have a a few questions for you.

1. Did you read the finance contract? Was there anything in there about obtaining the title once loan is paided in full?

2. Was there an early payoff pently - heard there is not - just checking.

3. Also, read online that the #1 complaint from those who finance through FMCC was - once they paid off the load - Ford only gave them a release from lien "statement" - that's it & no title. You as an individual have to go through your DMV and then file for the title on your own. (What say you?)

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
In Michigan you get a title regardless of whether or not there's a loan lien on it. Title just states there's a loan on it (or words to that effect).

Once loan is paid off you get a lien release letter from lienholder, and title is free and clear.
Sponsored