Sponsored

Anyone receive their truck yet since they removed the Bed Camera?

FTMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Titan
The black connector is a 6-pin with pin 6 blanked off.
pin 1 - red
pin 2 - blue
pin 3 - white
pin 4 - green
pin 5 - black
cropped black plug.jpg

The grey connector is a 12-pin - the yellow tagged wires power the led white bed light and cmhsl
pin 1 - red / yellow tagged
pin 2 - white / yellow tagged
pin 3 - green
pin 4 - white
pin 5 - black
pin 6 - red
pin 7 -
pin 8 -
pin 9 - blue
pin 10 -
pin 11 -
pin 12 - black / yellow tagged
cropped gray connector.jpg

The tag/part number on the wiring harness - don't know if it is for the complete assembly or the harness
cropped tag.jpg
That is great. I have received my harness connector and terminals. If i can find time this weekend i will try and hook it up and see what i get. Thanks
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
You can't get it produced with the bed camera...but you can buy the parts and install it yourself and FORSCAN enable it........ WTAF is going on? What kindof sense does this make?

jamo13

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat PB
You can't get it produced with the bed camera...but you can buy the parts and install it yourself and FORSCAN enable it........ WTAF is going on? What kindof sense does this make?
Probably to support the vehicles that were produced with it installed, but not enough supply available for further mass production.

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
Probably to support the vehicles that were produced with it installed, but not enough supply available for further mass production.
Yep. Manufacturers are required by the gov to supply a certain level of parts to support the vehicles that are sold, for a certain amount of years. Not sure how much that is enforced at the current moment though with supply chain constraints. Have an '08 F550 that has been sitting at the dealer for 5 months because it needs an ABS Control Module. Part is on backorder with no ETA. Cant even find it at a wrecking yard, and no aftermarket options.

Sponsored

Big Blue 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 502A
Got the CHMSL camera working

Thanks to @Jesse-Infotainment for providing the secret sauce missing line of IPMA code !!

My truck is a 2023 Lariat 502A w/ 360-degree camera, FX4 & Max Tow. The camera was "removed" during the build in late Feb 2023.

FORScan Changes

APIM
7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx xD--
7D0-01-03 xxxx xxxx xF--
7D0-01-04 xxxx Fxxx xx-

IPMA
706-02-02 xxxF xxxx xx-- this number corrected - previously shown as 706-02-01
706-03-01 40xx 04xx xx--

Another thing to do after I did after physically installing the CHMSL camera and making all the above FORScan changes except for the missing 706-03-01. I am not sure if it is necessary but I ran BCM (BdyCM) is running the IPMA Local Interconnect Network Network (LIN) New Module Calibration. The wiring schematics to the CHMSL camera show one of the wires labelled as circuit "VMF-33 camera-LIN". (corrected 7/8/2023 - changed running the Local Interconnect Network (LIN) New Module Calibration to under IPMA from BdyCM per recommendation of Jesse-Infotainment)

The LIN new module calibration procedure is to be run for installing a new 1) rearview camera 2) rain sensor module 3) intrusion sensor module 4) battery monitoring system module

The BdyCM IPMA LIN New Module Calibration can be found in the module list after clicking on the wrench symbol on the left side of the FORScan screen.

Last edited:

TSGarp007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 4x4 Supercrew Powerboost 302A

Thanks to @Jesse-Infotainment for providing the secret sauce missing line of IPMA code !!

My truck is a 2023 Lariat 502A w/ 360-degree camera, FX4 & Max Tow. The camera was "removed" during the build in late Feb 2023.

FORScan Changes

APIM
7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx xD--
7D0-01-03 xxxx xxxx xF--
7D0-01-04 xxxx Fxxx xx-

IPMA
706-02-01 xxxF xxxx xx--
706-03-01 40xx 04xx xx--

Another thing I did after physically installing the CHMSL camera and making all the above FORScan changes except for the missing 706-03-01. I am not sure if it is necessary but I ran BCM (BdyCM) Local Interconnect Network Network (LIN) New Module Calibration. The wiring schematics to the CHMSL camera show one of the wires labelled as circuit "VMF-33 camera-LIN".

The LIN new module calibration procedure is to be run for installing a new 1) rearview camera 2) rain sensor module 3) intrusion sensor module 4) battery monitoring system module

The BdyCM LIN New Module Calibration can be found in the module list after clicking on the wrench symbol on the left side of the FORScan screen.
That’s awesome! Now I just need the prices on them to come down.

Did you just buy the OEM CHMSL w/camera and plug it in to the existing wiring harness in your truck? Did you have to buy anything else or make have to make any additional wiring changes?

Big Blue 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 502A
I bought a used OEM CHMSL w/camera, plugged it into the truck's harness and made the APIM and IPMA code changes. No other parts or wiring changes.

BoostedSushi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 Platinum PB 4WD
I bought a used OEM CHMSL w/camera, plugged it into the truck's harness and made the APIM and IPMA code changes. No other parts or wiring changes.
That's awesome! Thank you for sharing your steps. Just bookmarked your earlier post so I can try it as well when I get my CHMSL "deleted" truck :)

Mbarbera

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 limited

FORScan Changes

APIM
7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx xD--
7D0-01-03 xxxx xxxx xF--
7D0-01-04 xxxx Fxxx xx-

IPMA
706-02-01 xxxF xxxx xx--
706-03-01 40xx 04xx xx--

Another thing I did after physically installing the CHMSL camera and making all the above FORScan changes except for the missing 706-03-01. I am not sure if it is necessary but I ran BCM (BdyCM) Local Interconnect Network Network (LIN) New Module Calibration. The wiring schematics to the CHMSL camera show one of the wires labelled as circuit "VMF-33 camera-LIN".

The BdyCM LIN New Module Calibration can be found in the module list after clicking on the wrench symbol on the left side of the FORScan screen.
Does this line
IPMA
706-02-01 xxxF xxxx xx--
need to be 0F on the spread sheet it has 2 values to enter

Sponsored

Big Blue 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 502A
Does this line
IPMA
706-02-01 xxxF xxxx xx--
need to be 0F on the spread sheet it has 2 values to enter
Sorry this is a typo on my part - the correct IPMA line number is 706-02-02

Last edited:

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
They have a few of them but not enough to put on every truck. Better to not sell them on new trucks then to sell them on new trucks and have none in parts so if your fails your truck is out of business for 6 months

typevii

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
Can also confirm this works. Just added the CHMSL part number NL3Z-13A613-A, bought directly from Ford parts. New lamp and camera comes with the wiring and just plugs in. This is a 2023 Tremor mid with 360 camera package, but had the CHMSL removed. I checked before ordering the part that the extra wires needed were already there. Just pulled the old light out and could see there were a bunch of unused ones on the truck connector.

Made these changes with FORScan
APIM
7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx xD--
7D0-01-03 xxxx xxxx xF--
7D0-01-04 xxxx Fxxx xx-

IPMA
706-02-02 xxxF xxxx xx--
706-03-01 40xx 04xx xx--

I did not re-calibrate the BCM LIN. Figured I'd try it after the FORScan changes. Appears to work as expected without this. New card on right panel for bed camera and now extra camera option after physical button press on the cameras screen.

As expected the image quality is not great on the big screens, but at least now I don't have anything that I was wanting force deleted.

cayres00

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Engineer