Sponsored

Anyone receive Bestop Tailgate Step yet?

TheRealSOB

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7 eco Space White
Anyone receive a Bestop rear step for the 21 yet? I ordered one from Auto Anything about 3-4 weeks ago and have yet to receive a shipping confirmation. Curious if they're in the wild yet.
Sponsored

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I can't answer your question, but I do want a bed step, curious why you chose this vs the amp research one?

OP
OP
TheRealSOB

TheRealSOB

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I can't answer your question, but I do want a bed step, curious why you chose this vs the amp research one?
Size of the step (it is substantially larger than the Amp Research step, price (it is less expensive), and then most importantly I found there to be similar sentiment regrding the quality and user satisfaction of the two products. Everyone seems to love both and have little to no issue with the install or usability of either. In that case I'll usually default to price.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I’m waiting for the AMP. Bestop changed the format for the 2021 and it now ONLY pivots down rearward with no outward movement. That allows it to be installed on either the right or left side, but defeats my purpose, which is to use it to get up onto the tailgate when it is open, because with the new format, the bestop step is fully under the tailgate when it is open. I am waiting for the AMP version because it opens to the rear and side simultaneously and gives a step outward of the tailgate. I’ve had both on prior trucks, equally good quality, but the sideways opening feature is key to me.

OP
OP
TheRealSOB

TheRealSOB

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m waiting for the AMP. Bestop changed the format for the 2021 and it now ONLY pivots down rearward with no outward movement. That allows it to be installed on either the right or left side, but defeats my purpose, which is to use it to get up onto the tailgate when it is open, because with the new format, the bestop step is fully under the tailgate when it is open. I am waiting for the AMP version because it opens to the rear and side simultaneously and gives a step outward of the tailgate. I’ve had both on prior trucks, equally good quality, but the sideways opening feature is key to me.
This is news to me and if true, a huge bummer. I also wanted the step so I can use it when the tailgate is down.

Where did you hear about the Bestop redesign? If that info is reliable I'm going to cancel my order and wait for the Amp.

Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
This is news to me and if true, a huge bummer. I also wanted the step so I can use it when the tailgate is down.

Where did you hear about the Bestop redesign? If that info is reliable I'm going to cancel my order and wait for the Amp.
You can see the differences on their respective websites. The Bestops clearly come only straight down and back, not to the sides.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired

Bestop:

Ford F-150 Anyone receive Bestop Tailgate Step yet? F873FD89-97E7-43C4-AB83-20D2929B0320

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired

Amp Research:

Ford F-150 Anyone receive Bestop Tailgate Step yet? D670B2A2-0C65-460E-9097-A304E46EBA14

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I called both companies just now and confirmed above - Bestop = straight back, Amp = catty corner

OP
OP
TheRealSOB

TheRealSOB

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I called both companies just now and confirmed above - Bestop = straight back, Amp = catty corner
I cancelled my order for the Bestop based on this feedback. Thanks for the info. I'm curious if when you called Amp they gave you any indication as to when the step would be available to us?

Sponsored

bkool2323

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
received my amp bed step yesterday. The install was a little difficult as the direction were not clear. I had this step on my 2015 and found it very use full. The functonality is the same as my 2015. Part number is AMP75328-01A . Waited since March 20 for the step to arrive. They had to redesign due to ford changing the hitch configuration on the 2021.

OP
OP
TheRealSOB

TheRealSOB

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
received my amp bed step yesterday. The install was a little difficult as the direction were not clear. I had this step on my 2015 and found it very use full. The functonality is the same as my 2015. Part number is AMP75328-01A . Waited since March 20 for the step to arrive. They had to redesign due to ford changing the hitch configuration on the 2021.
Awesome! Where we're you able to buy this from?

bkool2323

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Ordered directly from AMP web site. Now noticed coming soon banner. Try calling to order.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
When I called AMP yesterday they said the one on their website will fit the 2021, but NOT to order it because the one for the 2021 F-150 is slightly different and will be released at the end of June. They said another product had been prioritized in engineering, and they are now working on the F-150 bed step. Which is why the website still says Coming Soon for the 2021 version. So I am waiting.

OP
OP
TheRealSOB

TheRealSOB

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
When I called AMP yesterday they said the one on their website will fit the 2021, but NOT to order it because the one for the 2021 F-150 is slightly different and will be released at the end of June. They said another product had been prioritized in engineering, and they are now working on the F-150 bed step. Which is why the website still says Coming Soon for the 2021 version. So I am waiting.
I'm going to wait also. Thanks for the info. Appreciate the recon work. ??
Sponsored