• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone opting for the Lightning Platinum? Care to tell me why?

OP
OP

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
Reasons to not get Platinum:
* Stupid 22" wheels
* Ridiculous premium price

Reasons to get Platinum over Lariat:
* Nicer leather with light grey two-tone
* ActiveMotion massage seats
* Upgraded B&O Unleashed sound
* Max Recline seats
* Heated rear seats
* Everyone else is ordering a Lariat...
I really do like the two-tone seats in the Platinum. It adds a lot of personality, but not in the weird "I'm a cowboy" way of the King Ranch on the ICE model.
Sponsored

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
Yep. My reasons: sound system, seating surfaces, I like the wheels better than the 20” ones and last but not least, my neighbor has a Lariat and I must outdo him. ??‍♂ At least I’m honest with myself.

hahahano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Does anyone know if the max recline seats still have the massaging function?

I also want to be able to sleep in the vehicle on longer trips, and the max recline would really help, but the massaging function is also important to me. These two features plus the nicer materials are pushing me towards the Platinum, even though it's a lot.

I do dislike the rims, though. I really wish the Lariat black wheels were an option.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro

I also want to be able to sleep in the vehicle on longer trips, and the max recline would really help, but the massaging function is also important to me. These two features plus the nicer materials are pushing me towards the Platinum, even though it's a lot.

I do dislike the rims, though. I really wish the Lariat black wheels were an option.
I would assume it would since it is part of the Platinum package.

Ford calls the function "Active Motion." They are not really massaging as thought of in the traditional sense. It feels like two hard balls going up and down each side of your spine. Same in the bottom seat as well.

I like to play with it on long trips, and the feature is actually functional.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150

Yes, seats with Max recline still have the massaging function.

Sponsored

ElectricRocks

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3 (2015), Tesla Y (2020), Tundra truck
Occupation
Retired

My concern is that when I select the Max Recline Seats it turns off “10 way power driver and multi-adjustable power front passenger”. On the Lightning does anyone think the simplified build configurations means that max recline selection leads to adjustment and even heating capability is turned off or restricted?

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
My concern is that when I select the Max Recline Seats it turns off “10 way power driver and multi-adjustable power front passenger”. On the Lightning does anyone think the simplified build configurations means that max recline selection leads to adjustment and even heating capability is turned off or restricted?
I don't think it does. I saw this from the ICE side of the forum:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/massaging-and-max-recline-seats-questions.3254/

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
Not that I've seen on any of the package/build or spec sheets. Order guide and package guide only lists the heated rear seats as an included Platinum feature. I'd love for you to be correct and if anyone can show me where the Lariat+ includes it... In other words, please prove me wrong. I want to be wrong!
It sure does

vardelda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Falcon9
Occupation
Gemini
Platinum is a terrible upgrade.
Positives: Two-tone seats (nice)
Meh: B&O 18 (not a huge improvement), Platinum styling (weak!)
Negatives: 22" rims (look worse, reduce utility of the truck), massaging seats (anyone paying this much is going to dump them for the max recline option),
Loss of towing/range performance (maybe all due to rims, but doubtful)

Let's face it, you're paying $13k more for less truck with nicer interior, full recline seats, and a bunch of weak speakers.

Sponsored
OP
OP

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
Platinum is a terrible upgrade.
Positives: Two-tone seats (nice)
Meh: B&O 18 (not a huge improvement), Platinum styling (weak!)
Negatives: 22" rims (look worse, reduce utility of the truck), massaging seats (anyone paying this much is going to dump them for the max recline option),
Loss of towing/range performance (maybe all due to rims, but doubtful)

Let's face it, you're paying $13k more for less truck with nicer interior, full recline seats, and a bunch of weak speakers.
When I started this thread I was almost certain I would be in wave 2 or 3 and now I'll be waiting for 2023, so this decision has been tabled for a long time haha.

I really like the look of the two-tone seats. I honestly wonder if they didn't add that as an option in the Lariat + because then nobody would get the platinum.

My current 2019 Lariat has a mediocre sound system. Maybe I'll try to get it upgraded to help me wait for next year.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
For those wanting a two tone interior I’m sure Katzkins could accommodate your desires for $3-4K rather than spending $11K for that and wheels most people seem to hate.

I can’t see spending as much as two Pro trucks for any model Lightning, but that’s just me. I spent 1.5x on my Bronco Badlands vs the Base, I’m still trying to reconcile that with myself. I can afford whatever I really want, but on the Lightning my choices were Pro or nothing.

RidetheLightning

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 C-Max Energi,'22 F150L Plat 8/1 build date
Agree that the 22" rims are stupid (except maybe if you want a sporty truck with IRS and wheels that handle more like a car? Then they're still stupid because of the range/efficiency hit and less off-road utility, and I don't like the look but to each their own) but Max Recline seems to have massaging seats and maybe having a lighter wallet helps range?

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/massaging-and-max-recline-seats-questions.3254/

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Really don't have an interest is the Platinum (though I do like the look of the interior!). That said, If my some crazy outside chance I got an opportunity to order and that was all that was left (because everyone else before me was waiting for a lower trim), I would have to think hard about it. We could afford it, but I really didn't want to spend that much and don't want the reduced range and capabilities.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150
Seats still have the massaging feature when adding the max recline.
Sponsored