• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone opting for the Lightning Platinum? Care to tell me why?

RidetheLightning

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 C-Max Energi,'22 F150L Plat 8/1 build date
As a reluctant probable Platinum buyer, I’ll tell you what made the decision for me despite the other downsides mentioned above: the Max Recline seats. If I’m going to charge twice on a 600 mile road trip (if I have a lead foot) I want to take naps while I charge since I’m not 22 anymore.

How I rationalized it: since it will be partially a work vehicle, I’ll get to depreciate part of it. If I’m going to spend $75k+ for extended range, why not have the truck be a combination truck and luxury car? It’s got Ford’s nicest leather and the nicest interior in an F150, it’s got all the boxes checked as far as features, and I can change the wheels if I can’t stand the range hit. I’ll be able to lay down in those seats and look up at the sky/stars while I charge through the moonroof.

If I didn’t want the luxury road trip experience for this particular truck, I’d probably just be patient and get a Pro.
Sponsored

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
As a reluctant probable Platinum buyer, I’ll tell you what made the decision for me despite the other downsides mentioned above: the Max Recline seats. If I’m going to charge twice on a 600 mile road trip (if I have a lead foot) I want to take naps while I charge since I’m not 22 anymore.

How I rationalized it: since it will be partially a work vehicle, I’ll get to depreciate part of it. If I’m going to spend $75k+ for extended range, why not have the truck be a combination truck and luxury car? It’s got Ford’s nicest leather and the nicest interior in an F150, it’s got all the boxes checked as far as features, and I can change the wheels if I can’t stand the range hit. I’ll be able to lay down in those seats and look up at the sky/stars while I charge through the moonroof.

If I didn’t want the luxury road trip experience for this particular truck, I’d probably just be patient and get a Pro.
Max recline??? You have a bed (that never needs to be made). The bed is quite comfy for naps.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Reasons to not get Platinum:
* Stupid 22" wheels
* Ridiculous premium price

Reasons to get Platinum over Lariat:
* Nicer leather with light grey two-tone
* ActiveMotion massage seats
* Upgraded B&O Unleashed sound
* Max Recline seats
* Heated rear seats
* Everyone else is ordering a Lariat...

GOP.EV.Driver

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla (x2)/Audi
the platinum badge on the truck just screams "I paid too much!". plus the rims suck. why would anyone want 22's? I don't get it.
I think your first sentence answered your question. Some folks don't want to be seen in a vehicle unless if it advertises how expensive it is.
Yes, partly this. I have pretty much always had cars over $100k, so if I'm going to drive a truck--by a mainstream, non-luxury car brand--it's going to be top of the line.

Additionally, the massaging seats. Helps me a ton when I'm in the car for a while. And I live in LA traffic, so...

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
* Stupid 22" wheels

* Max Recline seats
* Heated rear seats
Pretty sure Lariat+ comes with heated rear seats.

Sponsored

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Max recline??? You have a bed (that never needs to be made). The bed is quite comfy for naps.
Not so much if it's full of stuff...

I don't want to spend the extra $11K for the Platinum, but the wife thinks I should. It's really going to be $13K since I'll have to buy a set of real wheels/tires for it. The max recline seats and massage seats are almost enough to get me to say yes, even though it's not a practical decision.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pretty sure Lariat+ comes with heated rear seats.
Not that I've seen on any of the package/build or spec sheets. Order guide and package guide only lists the heated rear seats as an included Platinum feature. I'd love for you to be correct and if anyone can show me where the Lariat+ includes it... In other words, please prove me wrong. I want to be wrong!

RidetheLightning

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 C-Max Energi,'22 F150L Plat 8/1 build date
Well, yeah, but then sometimes water falls from the sky and sometimes that water is frozen. It’s hard to keep the temperature in the bed as consistent as in the cab too.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
...There are a lot of features standard or available on the ICE / PowerBoost Lariat trim that are only available on the Lightning if we go Platinum. Can't go off the ICE trims at all when making assumptions about which features the Lariat or Platinum trims will include on the Lightning.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150
I've been going back and forth between Platinum vs Lariat. The issue I have is that if I don't go Platinum, then it's a step down from my current truck as far as features. So rather then doing a downgrade, I think I'm going to buy a Platinum. 60 is around the corner for me and the money is not an issue at this time in my life.

Sponsored

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning
Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone opting for the Lightning Platinum?  Care to tell me why? 89D628C6-6D6D-4E0B-9305-16344A7DE0AE
Not that I've seen on any of the package/build or spec sheets. Order guide and package guide only lists the heated rear seats as an included Platinum feature. I'd love for you to be correct and if anyone can show me where the Lariat+ includes it... In other words, please prove me wrong. I want to be wrong!
Took 5 seconds to pull up on my Lariat+ build…

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
* Stupid 22" wheels

* Max Recline seats
* Heated rear seats
I'm not in a position to realistically consider Platinum, but would really like the lighter seating color included over black (wouldn't mind the massaging seats and max recline option as well).

OP
OP

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
I'm not in a position to realistically consider Platinum, but would really like the lighter seating color included over black (wouldn't mind the massaging seats and max recline option as well).
It’s tough, because it’s nuts for me to spend 91k. Insanity. But 80k is also a crap ton, and that is before taxes and fees and stuff. If I’m going to spend almost as much as my parents did on their house in the 90s, maybe I should at least get everything I want.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Last item on the list:
Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone opting for the Lightning Platinum?  Care to tell me why? 1642564854233

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Took 5 seconds to pull up on my Lariat+ build…
I see it now, front and center on B&P... Meh. Didn't notice it when I looked at B&P when it launched. It's not mentioned in the official package docs and lists it as a Platinum option in addition to the standard Lariat options on the order guide. So... Or at least the order guide I have dated January 4.

Anyway, glad it's there. Glad I was wrong.
Sponsored