• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone more worried now about 11th hour ADM?

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
With gas prices on an out of control upward spiral and people shopping for fuel efficient vehicles in droves I'm starting to get a little worried about dealers caving to the pressure of ADM on customer orders. If these gas prices keep up for a few months you won't be able to find an EV or hybrid anywhere. Someone I know is shopping for a RAV4 Prime and seeing $5k markups everywhere. I doubt that was the case a few months ago. At this point if my dealer tacked on $5k (and I couldn't talk them out of it) then I'd probably pay it. $10k? I don't know. At that point I think I'd bow out and stick with my Bolt for commuting for a while. I really hope it doesn't come to that. ?
Sponsored

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
With gas prices on an out of control upward spiral and people shopping for fuel efficient vehicles in droves I'm starting to get a little worried about dealers caving to the pressure of ADM on customer orders. If these gas prices keep up for a few months you won't be able to find an EV or hybrid anywhere. Someone I know is shopping for a RAV4 Prime and seeing $5k markups everywhere. I doubt that was the case a few months ago. At this point if my dealer tacked on $5k (and I couldn't talk them out of it) then I'd probably pay it. $10k? I don't know. At that point I think I'd bow out and stick with my Bolt for commuting for a while. I really hope it doesn't come to that. ?
I thought about this in relation to Ford's new Model e requirement that dealers specialize. If you have a dealership that has made their mind up to specialize in EVs they probably won't try to charge ADM and risk getting blowback from Ford. If they've decided to go Blue then these will be the last EVs they sell so they may tack on ADM.

Carminus

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT
I think Ford did increase the f150 price for next year by $1500. ADM is not okay in my book, but if people keep giving dealers the money they will continue to doing it.

First dealer wanted 3k ADM and I walked away and went to another dealer with no ADM. I was lucky to get my order in and the build date is 4/18.

I am currently spending $350 (4.30 gal NJ) a month in gas will make the f150 payment easier to swallow. Let's be real here when did anyone think $80k is the new $50k for a truck.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Not worried about it. It’s not hard to get on Tesla.com and order one. Glad there is always that option.

Reactions: 06z

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
I think the Rav4 Prime is a much more attractive offering than the average hybrid, and don't think production has ever been high enough to meet demand. So might not be typical efficient vehicle ADM.

I'm hoping my written sales agreement keeps me safe from a surprise ADM.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
I am not worried about ADM. I think Ford adjusted the ordering platform after the Bronco debacle where customers were surprised with ADM at delivery.

If you look at your order page, There is a line that says "Dealer Selling Price." If you expand the box next to that line, E20, it states this is the price the dealer is willing to sell the vehicle for in a purchase transaction.

Since the dealer "accepted" the order. and had the opportunity to add addition amounts to the MSRP prior to accepting, they would be hard pressed to try to assess ADM at time of delivery.

Just my opinion.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I am currently spending $350 (4.30 gal NJ) a month in gas will make the f150 payment easier to swallow. Let's be real here when did anyone think $80k is the new $50k for a truck.
$4.30/gallon seems nice. The closest gas station by me is charging $6.59/gallon for regular. The next closest one is up to $7.29/gallon for 91 octane.

I end up driving 30 minutes away to fill up for $4.97/gallon for 87. For a while I was wondering if it was worth it but I'm basically looking at filling up for $100 vs $135. I avoid driving my truck as much as possible right now and really wish I was still an EV only household...

OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I am not worried about ADM. I think Ford adjusted the ordering platform after the Bronco debacle where customers were surprised with ADM at delivery.

If you look at your order page, There is a line that says "Dealer Selling Price." If you expand the box next to that line, E20, it states this is the price the dealer is willing to sell the vehicle for in a purchase transaction.

Since the dealer "accepted" the order. and had the opportunity to add addition amounts to the MSRP prior to accepting, they would be hard pressed to try to assess ADM at time of delivery.

Just my opinion.

From your lips to Jim Farley's ears!

Sponsored

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
All you guys complaining about the cost of fuel...come to Vancouver, BC - we are paying $2.20/litre for regular (87) gas right now which is $8.12/gallon. If you want 91 octane add another $0.2/litre so $9/gallon
Diesel is $2.40/litre...

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Dealer: "But these are unprecedented times! We need to keep the lights on! It'll be years before you can get another one! Plus, I really want you to refuse delivery so I can sell it at an even higher markup!"

Edit: "and imagine how much you'll save on gas! It will totally offset the markup I'm being forced to charge to keep the dealership owner in his big house."

Last edited:
OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Dealer: "But these are unprecedented times! We need to keep the lights on! It'll be years before you can get another one! Plus, I really want you to refuse delivery so I can sell it at an even higher markup!"

Yup...I've been around long enough to know not to trust a car dealership.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
It was very much a thing a few months ago. It's been crazy like this since the middle of last year.

Gas prices will be back to "normal" long before any of us received our F150s.
Has it?

Pretty sure “middle of last year” I could fuel up 30 gallons for 80ish dollars, and now it cost me 125 for the same tank.

Pretty sure I got booted from this forum for a few days “middle of last year” for stating that the current administration didn’t care about fuel prices and pointing fingers at who is to blame.

I said gas prices would do this soon due to poor decisions over US Oil supply, then Truck people on this forum said “oh I don’t care about premium fuel prices in my EB, and now everyone is crying about fuel prices.

Oh, I know, it’s because last time this happened “those people” weren’t even licensed drivers. Remember, back when everyone ditched their gas hog SUV for an ECO ride. Yeah, they said the gas prices would go back to normal.

Ha! Dream on.
Sponsored