Sponsored

Anyone know what this little black plastic screw thingy is from?

RandyBobanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (HDPP+MTTP)
When I picked up my custom order from the dealership, I found this part laying on the floor. Anyone know what it's for?

Ford F-150 Anyone know what this little black plastic screw thingy is from? unknown part
Sponsored

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.
When I worked in a car factory we would call that a L/O or loose object. Great for making noise. I'd put it somewhere so that if on the chance you do find if it is needed later you will have it. Otherwise if everything works you're good.

12Lariat21

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Best guess', since it doesn't have any shoulder to it, to hold anything down. I'd say it's some kind of temporary alignment pin used in manufacturing to help hold a part in place while the fasteners are installed. Then removed.

Or

It is a thread plug, used in the painting process to keep paint out of the treaded hole.

BCP28

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 2023 Ford Mach-E4x
Occupation
Engineer
It's a temporary plug for the antenna. Just keeps debris from entering the antenna hole until it is installed by the dealer. Should be safe to throw it away.

Sponsored

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
It's a temporary plug for the antenna. Just keeps debris from entering the antenna hole until it is installed by the dealer. Should be safe to throw it away.
Would be helpful to keep it for car wash etc. I'm going to check my glovebox and see if I have one too.
Sponsored