Sponsored

Anyone having trouble with Carplay changing Audio Inputs on vehicle startup?

MN_Hockey_Fan

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09/14/21 F150, 10 Expedition
My problem is every time I get in the truck the radio will start out playing whatever I was listening to the last time I was in the truck. Within a few seconds as Carplay is connecting it will switch over to iHeartRadio from my phone and resume the last item I was listening to on that, even if all apps on my phone are not running/closed. More recently it keeps switching to an old podcast that isn't even the most recent thing I've listened to on the phone and resuming from that point in the podcast.

It's hard to pinpoint when this started happening, be it with an iOS update on my phone or an OTA update on the truck. It makes the switch while I'm backing out of the garage so I have to wait till I get out of reverse and the backup camera disappears before going into the radio settings and changing the input back to FM. I'm not even sure it is a Carplay issue, could be using my phone as a bluetooth input.

I found this thread on apple's site but it isn't exactly the same thing I describe. I'm going to delete everything in my phone and truck and start over again though and see if that helps.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My problem is every time I get in the truck the radio will start out playing whatever I was listening to the last time I was in the truck. Within a few seconds as Carplay is connecting it will switch over to iHeartRadio from my phone and resume the last item I was listening to on that, even if all apps on my phone are not running/closed. More recently it keeps switching to an old podcast that isn't even the most recent thing I've listened to on the phone and resuming from that point in the podcast.

It's hard to pinpoint when this started happening, be it with an iOS update on my phone or an OTA update on the truck. It makes the switch while I'm backing out of the garage so I have to wait till I get out of reverse and the backup camera disappears before going into the radio settings and changing the input back to FM. I'm not even sure it is a Carplay issue, could be using my phone as a bluetooth input.

I found this thread on apple's site but it isn't exactly the same thing I describe. I'm going to delete everything in my phone and truck and start over again though and see if that helps.
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this on my end.

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Black Widow

I have something similar--when I get a phone call sometimes after the call has ended, it will either not switch back to Sirius or will start playing the last song I was listening to. Also, if browsing the web and the page happens to have video, it will automatically switch from Sirius to Media. It will keep switching back to Media until I close Safari or the tab that has the embedded video.

RTBinBend

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Brand new to the site and just got my new to me F150 last week. Did anyone resolve how to get the Autoplay to shut off so that your phone doesn't interrupt if you are listening to a different audio source when you left the vehicle? I also have the issue where if a Safari site has audio(this website) it keeps switching the audio input to my phone.

Last edited:

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
Mine will do this as well, but I believe as long as I switch it over to SIrius, the next drive cycle it stops.

Sponsored

Sawi

First Name
Saul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat (Lobo)
Occupation
Automotive Industry
As tpc said, try openning up carplay, and while in carplay switch audio input to something else. In my case it usually will stay in that audio input (even when going out of carplay or restarting the truck).

As for your second issue, I believe its more on the phone side (behaves like if it has an external speaker linked and all audio will be going to the external speaker).

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
I confirmed today. If i switch to sirius, it stays that way.

Jefe2369

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0
I think I'm getting a combination of these issues. If you get a text or a call come in, why does it then have the phone as the input? Even if I was listening to FM prior to the call, it doesn't go back to FM.
Sponsored