Anyone have window problems?

truck trader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Outdoor Industry
My passenger side window is having a little issue. I tried the steps above and it hadn’t fixed it yet. It goes all the way up, then slips down 1/2” to 3/4”. I never see it do it, i just start hearing the “whistling“ noise.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wishiwas

Wishiwas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
My passenger side window is having a little issue. I tried the steps above and it hadn’t fixed it yet. It goes all the way up, then slips down 1/2” to 3/4”. I never see it do it, i just start hearing the “whistling“ noise.
Did you do the fix from the drivers seat or passengers? It must be from the side that has the issue.

truck trader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Outdoor Industry
Did you do the fix from the drivers seat or passengers? It must be from the side that has the issue.
Just the drivers side so far. I’ll try it from the passenger side tomorrow.

OP
OP
Wishiwas

Wishiwas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Just the drivers side so far. I’ll try it from the passenger side tomorrow.
That was my issue. I did it from the driver's side, and it did not work. It must be done from the other side. Let us know how you made out.

truck trader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Outdoor Industry
Good news: it's fixed.

Funny part -- I tried doing the steps above from the passenger side and then the window wouldn't go down all the way! Headed straight to the dealer this morning and they said the switch wasn't programmed/activated? The tech said the switch didn't know if it was supposed to go up or down. He hooked it up to the computer and it took about 10 minutes. Baffles me, but he got it fixed.

Sponsored

Coveuser

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
My drivers window acts the same way, also my drivers mirror doesn’t fold on locking truck but the passenger side does fold in. Appt set for Monday.

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Has anyone had an issue where the drivers side window won’t go all the way down? Mine doesn’t stop just a few inches from the bottom, it only goes halfway down no matter how long I hold the window button at down. It also does the weird thing when I close it it then opens up a few inches.
That’s what mines doing

Rshmm

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 XLT
Mine started doing the same thing a few days ago.. started about only going halfway, now its only going down about 2 inches and the bounce back has been present since day one. Service scheduled in two weeks to look at it...ugh. Less than 800 miles on the truck.

jtquint

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost - Smoked Quartz
Mine did the same thing on the driver's side after auto up it would come back down 4 inches. I tried the trick in this post and it worked great. One note is that when I would hold auto up and it got to the top, it would still go back down 4 inches so I pulled the switch up again for that last 4 inches and held for 5 seconds. Repeated 3 entire process 3 times and it is fixed.
Appreciate this thread!

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine started around 800 miles too. Goes down but leaves about 3 inches of glass at the bottom. Going up it closes all the way then bounces back about 1/4 inch. Close it again and it closes all the way. No luck or idea on resetting it.

Sponsored

truck trader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Outdoor Industry
My fix was only temporary. It’s doing the exact same thing again. I’ll take it to the dealership when I return from vacation.

StangTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4, 5.0L
Damn this just worked for me also! Passenger door window was stuck, and you need to use the window button on the side that has the issue.

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fixed. Dealer reset it using this procedure; I guess I didn't hold the switch long enough.

tommy_bobcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Hey all, just throwing my experience into the knowledge pool. I have about 4000 miles on my truck currently. I had my driver's side window reset by the dealer at about 2000. That was a month or so ago, but twice in the last week I ended up having to reset the window again myself. It has been ok for today but it happens intermittently it seems so I guess it's back to the dealer at some point soon.
Sponsored