Sponsored

Anyone have window problems?

Wishiwas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
I've had my truck for about 20 days now but never discovered this until today. My passenger side window is sticking up a bit and when I one touch it up, it goes all the way up, then back down about 4 inches. I have to inch it up. I'm sure the dealership will fix er right up, but was wondering if anyone else had this happen?
Ford F-150 Anyone have window problems? Screenshot_20210203-144801_Gallery
Sponsored

GrandSport

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 f150, 2021 on order
Occupation
Admin
I've only taken my truck for about 4 drives now. This started on my drivers side on my 2nd drive, and now my passenger side started doing it on the last drive, its hard to get the windows closed all the way when they are doing this. They just keep popping down a few inches after I close them. With my other car, when this happens after a dead battery, I have to reset the window positions with the window switches via specific long presses. Hopefully ford also made it that easy to fix. I haven't figured it out yet though. I really don't want to have to make a trip back to the dealer for something like this, my dealer is far away.

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Before you take it in have you followed the steps in the manual to reset the one-touch?

Resetting One-Touch Close
Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence.
Close the window.
Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for a few seconds.
Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for a few seconds.
Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for a few seconds.
Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for a few seconds.
Note: Repeat the procedure if the window does not close when you use one-touch.

OP
OP
Wishiwas

Wishiwas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Before you take it in have you followed the steps in the manual to reset the one-touch?

Close the window.
Funny, I tried it from the drivers side and it didn't work. My friend was in the passenger seat and tried it and it worked great! Thanks for this info.

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Funny, I tried it from the drivers side and it didn't work. My friend was in the passenger seat and tried it and it worked great! Thanks for this info.
You're welcome. My Fusion's window sensitivity needs resetting every 3-4 months so it's a quick fix I'm very used to doing.

Sponsored

GrandSport

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 f150, 2021 on order
Occupation
Admin

Close the window.
This worked for me to! Thank you for posting!

Bradr03

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Air Traffic Control
I had a similar issue, took it to the dealership and they have to replace my module.

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Same issue, took it to the dealership and they probably did this to fix the problem. Great info.

TruckGuy2020

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
Has anyone had an issue where the drivers side window won’t go all the way down? Mine doesn’t stop just a few inches from the bottom, it only goes halfway down no matter how long I hold the window button at down. It also does the weird thing when I close it it then opens up a few inches.

Jbockman46

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.5 eco , Max Tow
Has anyone had an issue where the drivers side window won’t go all the way down? Mine doesn’t stop just a few inches from the bottom, it only goes halfway down no matter how long I hold the window button at down. It also does the weird thing when I close it it then opens up a few inches.
My passenger window is doing the same thing won’t go completely down and opens up to a 2” crack on top

Sponsored

Bradr03

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Air Traffic Control
My passenger window is doing the same thing won’t go completely down and opens up to a 2” crack on top
This is what my DS window was doing, dealership had to replace the entire switch/module.

Ajleemax800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 powerboost
Also my 2021 drivers window will not go down all the way.. it started with the bounce on auto up. Now window stops 2 in short every time. Help lol

OP
OP
Wishiwas

Wishiwas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Also my 2021 drivers window will not go down all the way.. it started with the bounce on auto up. Now window stops 2 in short every time. Help lol
Did you solve your issue? Did Orlando150s process work?

Close the window.
Sponsored