Sponsored

Anyone have trouble with their power boost shutting down?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
They will not send an engineer out because of Covid. Only talk on the phone. If this can’t get fixed they can load the truck up and take it back to the plant.
You need to tell them that!!

I hate to say it but sometimes that is what it takes. Fix or replace by XXX
Sponsored

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
My 2 cents.

This is exactly why I decided not to get the PowerBoost aside from the cost. It's basically a new engine that in my opinion is going to have some issues during the first year if not longer. I'm no mechanic nor an engine expert but I felt I could see the writing on the wall. I think in time this will probably be one of the better engines Ford makes but I wasn't willing to spend the extra money to be a guinea pig. Hopefully they can figure out the issue quickly and get you back on the road soon.

With all that being said I got the V8 and not looking forward to the cylinder deactivation that they've added. Hopefully it won't be an issue but then I can't get Ford to build my truck anyway. :rolleyes:

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
My 2 cents.

This is exactly why I decided not to get the PowerBoost aside from the cost. It's basically a new engine that in my opinion is going to have some issues during the first year if not longer. I'm no mechanic nor an engine expert but I felt I could see the writing on the wall. I think in time this will probably be one of the better engines Ford makes but I wasn't willing to spend the extra money to be a guinea pig. Hopefully they can figure out the issue quickly and get you back on the road soon.

With all that being said I got the V8 and not looking forward to the cylinder deactivation that they've added. Hopefully it won't be an issue but then I can't get Ford to build my truck anyway. :rolleyes:
I respectfully disagree.

The engine has been around a long time, the hybrid system Ford uses has been around on several vehicles now with good history.

The difference is the the vehicle not the systems. This is the first of such an issue I have heard. The real problem is having experts to diagnose the issue.

The same is true with cylinder deactivation, it's been around, just first time in a 5.0.

Just my 2 penny's worth

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150 5.0, 2021 F150 hybrid
I respectfully disagree.

The engine has been around a long time, the hybrid system Ford uses has been around on several vehicles now with good history.

The difference is the the vehicle not the systems. This is the first of such an issue I have heard. The real problem is having experts to diagnose the issue.

The same is true with cylinder deactivation, it's been around, just first time in a 5.0.

Just my 2 penny's worth
Absolutely agree with you currybob, the 3.5 ecoboost has been around for years and the hybrid system is from the Fusion I believe.

There have been a few ecoboosts that have had this shutdown issue on acceleration in the past from what I have read. The majority of them have had no issues.

Last edited:

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150 5.0, 2021 F150 hybrid
Just wanted to update you on my Hill assist code.

Apparently it never registered on the Computer system, only my Ford pass App.

Bottom line is that they scanned it and can't find anything wrong. They did some updates on Gateway module that are out, but this is it.

That's good news I guess.

They also have no reports of Ecoboosts shutting down under acceleration at this time.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a Sport appearance
Occupation
Owner/Driver
I have had my 2021 limited power boost for one week. I took it back to the dealer today. On hard acceleration the engine has shut down six times. They haven’t figured it out yet. Anyone else had this problem?
Sorry to hear you're having this problem. Please keep us in the loop about what's going on. I've just ordered a 2023 lariat sport model powerboost.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Not to pile on, but I also agree with Currybob. One of the reasons I felt confident about buying a first year Powerboost was that the engine is a proven commodity and the hybrid system is an adaptation of Ford's existing tech. The unknown for me was the constant on/off of the engine, as I have never had a vehicle that does that. But, that too is something Ford is well versed in.

Now, back on topic. I am eagerly awaiting word as to what is causing the issue with this particular PB. I would be beyond frustrated, and I have been waiting for my truck to be fixed, so I sympathize. If this dealer can't grasp the issue, try another. I did that with my lingering issue and it was fixed in a few days (once parts arrived).
Sponsored