Sponsored

Anyone have trouble with their power boost shutting down?

MoSlick

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum 2018Mustang GT 2013 Cadillac SRX
Occupation
Retired Farmer
I have had my 2021 limited power boost for one week. I took it back to the dealer today. On hard acceleration the engine has shut down six times. They haven’t figured it out yet. Anyone else had this problem?
Sponsored

LIVRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer, escape
Occupation
Engineer
I have had my 2021 limited power boost for one week. I took it back to the dealer today. On hard acceleration the engine has shut down six times. They haven’t figured it out yet. Anyone else had this problem?
Oh no! Please keep us in the loop. Nervous of the handful of warranty issues (this, unseated connections, blis faults), delivery issues, android auto Samsung issue

OP
OP

MoSlick

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Farmer
Oh no! Please keep us in the loop. Nervous of the handful of warranty issues (this, unseated connections, blis faults), delivery issues, android auto Samsung issue
The service tech cannot figure out the problem. Waiting for Ford to send an engineer out to figure out what is going on.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I have not but be sure to let us know. There have been a few with fault codes that ended up being a bad connection with plugs. During assembly they were not seeded properly.

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150 5.0, 2021 F150 hybrid
So far my PB Lariat 4x4, besides being the best Truck I have ever had the pleasure of driving, I have had a couple of issues that need to yet be addressed.

I have 213 km's on it or just over 130 miles, my first fault code. Hill assist is not working. That kicked off sitting in a parking lot and starting the vehicle. It followed up with every light and warning sound to hear. ( all 18 speakers can be heard during this process ?). Advance trac, 4x4, also were visible for a few moments on the screen. I don't think it is huge issue because I shut off and restarted the truck and all was well.
Got a note on ford pass that my Hill assist has a fault and I must take it to the dealer.

Another thing is that Android auto won't work with Vehicle hotspot engaged, android auto kicks off the hotspot connection, but AA won't connect to the internet??

I will keep you posted on what it turns out to be.

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
So far my PB Lariat 4x4, besides being the best Truck I have ever had the pleasure of driving, I have had a couple of issues that need to yet be addressed.

I have 213 km's on it or just over 130 miles, my first fault code. Hill assist is not working. That kicked off sitting in a parking lot and starting the vehicle. It followed up with every light and warning sound to hear. ( all 18 speakers can be heard during this process ?). Advance trac, 4x4, also were visible for a few moments on the screen. I don't think it is huge issue because I shut off and restarted the truck and all was well.
Got a note on ford pass that my Hill assist has a fault and I must take it to the dealer.

Another thing is that Android auto won't work with Vehicle hotspot engaged, android auto kicks off the hotspot connection, but AA won't connect to the internet??

I will keep you posted on what it turns out to be.
Sorry to hear this, for sure let us know.

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honestly, I am not worried about it. The dealer said that they want to look at it next week but to drive it in the meantime. Since the notice from Ford pass and on the dash, No warning lights are on and it is operating amazing. About 45 percent electric driving if I am gentle with the accelerator. I don't even know what hill assist is? It appears to be something with the electronic Parking brake. At least that is what the internet says.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Honestly, I am not worried about it. The dealer said that they want to look at it next week but to drive it in the meantime. Since the notice from Ford pass and on the dash, No warning lights are on and it is operating amazing. About 45 percent electric driving if I am gentle with the accelerator. I don't even know what hill assist is? It appears to be something with the electronic Parking brake. At least that is what the internet says.
Good to hear, hill assist will hold the truck on a hill after you take your foot off the break and not let it move until you press the gas.

OP
OP

MoSlick

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Farmer
Good to hear, hill assist will hold the truck on a hill after you take your foot off the break and not let it move until you press the gas.

OP
OP

MoSlick

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Farmer
I started this thread approximately three weeks ago. Next week will be week four of my truck being in the shop. The dealer ordered a part and they put it on yesterday. The truck continues to shut down many times. So how long do I wait until they get the truck fixed? I am losing my patience! One week of driving and possibly four weeks in the shop. I am beginning to wish that I had not gotten the powerboost. The mechanics have no training on working on the powerboost option and have no parts.

Sponsored

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
I started this thread approximately three weeks ago. Next week will be week four of my truck being in the shop. The dealer ordered a part and they put it on yesterday. The truck continues to shut down many times. So how long do I wait until they get the truck fixed? I am losing my patience! One week of driving and possibly four weeks in the shop. I am beginning to wish that I had not gotten the powerboost. The mechanics have no training on working on the powerboost option and have no parts.
May want to read up on current Lemon Laws in your state.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I think maybe an engineer or a very experienced tech needs to get involved with this.
It is very possible it has nothing to do with the “power boost” at all.
I think that portion needs to be eliminated or included in possible causes before they can get much further.
Could very well be just a ECM or a faulty sensor on the 3.5 and not related to anything else.
If PB related, something telling the 3.5 the battery is charged and engine not needed anymore.
My bet would be simple fix, difficult diagnosis.

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi Moslick, sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I will ask around to see if any of my Mechanic friends who work with ford have any suggestions.
It's a shame that they are keeping you in the dark and away from your beautiful truck.
I hope that this gets resolved soon.
Cheers

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
May want to read up on current Lemon Laws in your state.
I agree with Smitdog!

Each state has different rules. I had one done in early 2000 and it was voluntary on Fords part. They sent engineers in and tried a few things and decided to expedite a new truck order replacement. My state, I believe was 21 days continuous in the shop.

Work with you manager and document dates, contact Ford customer service and start a issue or claim, forget what it's called but they can tell you. Even if you think it's going to work out, you should still start this now.

Just a suggestion but take it from someone that has been in a similar situation.

OP
OP

MoSlick

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Farmer
I agree with Smitdog!

Each state has different rules. I had one done in early 2000 and it was voluntary on Fords part. They sent engineers in and tried a few things and decided to expedite a new truck order replacement. My state, I believe was 21 days continuous in the shop.

Work with you manager and document dates, contact Ford customer service and start a issue or claim, forget what it's called but they can tell you. Even if you think it's going to work out, you should still start this now.

Just a suggestion but take it from someone that has been in a similar situation.
They will not send an engineer out because of Covid. Only talk on the phone. If this can’t get fixed they can load the truck up and take it back to the plant.
Sponsored