Anyone have Hybrid yet?

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
A 250 isn’t practical for many of us. What’s wrong with wanting to maximize payload on the 150?
There's nothing wrong with it. The the Hybrid power is amazing.

I'm just saying if payload is a huge deal, you may just have to go 250.. because 150 is what 150 is....

You know all of this HAS to be coming to the 250 semi-near future.
Sponsored

Rich55Marshall

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum PowerBoost 4X4
Occupation
Retired custom picture framer & Apple Expert
That's where I was shopping until seeing the Lariat payload in a place that works for me, then got excited about powerboost running my trailer for boondocking.....
Exactly where I'm at. Ordered my Platty PB in December with 7.2KW to extend my ability for boondocking. I just need to learn to have some patience waiting for my VIN & build date.

OP
OP

fjhawley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Hybrid f150
A 250 isn’t practical for many of us. What’s wrong with wanting to maximize payload on the 150?
Agree. 250 great truck but for my needs , 150 will work. If I start hauling cattle, or multiple horses, def trade up to 250. Right now simple and small stuff to haul: small camper, boat, the dog, or a friend.. lol

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Anyone have a F150 Hybrid yet? Ordered mine first of November 2020, still no VIN.Reading all the quality issues has me concerned & thinking I cancel? My dream to have a hybrid f150 and my first. Want it to be a good experience for $70k!
The are several reviews posted by those that have received their PowerBoost and put several miles on them. I don't think you could pry their trucks from their cold dead hands. Every one of them has stated the truck is beyond their high expectations.

Every thing I have read so far, problems have been minor and minimal so far. Remember most will post if they have an issue, no matter how small. Most with no issues won't post.

There were some software issues during early production, Ford resolved the issues prior to releasing those trucks and the corrections were applyed to the following produced vehicles. That slowed down the release of those early produced trucks but they are corrected and getting shipped.

Sponsored

OP
OP

fjhawley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Hybrid f150
The are several reviews posted by those that have received their PowerBoost and put several miles on them. I don't think you could pry their trucks from their cold dead hands. Every one of them has stated the truck is beyond their high expectations.

Every thing I have read so far, problems have been minor and minimal so far. Remember most will post if they have an issue, no matter how small. Most with no issues won't post.

There were some software issues during early production, Ford resolved the issues prior to releasing those trucks and the corrections were applyed to the following produced vehicles. That slowed down the release of those early produced trucks but they are corrected and getting shipped.
Thanks, and good point. It is like watching news, you never know what is real! I did get concerned when saw posts indicating quality issues... Thanks!

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
96 f150 XLT, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2020 Subaru Ascent
I ordered a Lariat PB 11/11/2020 have my vin and a build date of 1/18. Just got my window sticker today! I have been hearing really great stuff about the truck so I can’t wait!

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
No me neither. Order a 2021 F150, Powerboost (Hybird), Limited. Ordered also Nov, 2020. Mine has the full reclining seats - so I expect that is the delay. I'll wait & will not be changing my build.

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
The hybrid runs great. The engine cuts out more than I thought it would. I'm averaging about 12% of the miles in electric. I've seen it on slight downhills running on electric at 55 mph.

20210109_182037[1].jpg

20210109_182043[1].jpg

We need more of these! A KR is almost 1500lbs which is my target. So a lariat with no heavy options must be over 1500, right!?

Would 18" wheels increase payload? I would love a KR or Plat...

OP
OP

fjhawley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Hybrid f150
I ordered a Lariat PB 11/11/2020 have my vin and a build date of 1/18. Just got my window sticker today! I have been hearing really great stuff about the truck so I can’t wait!
Great News. Where you located? I will check with Dealer today.

Sponsored

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Jumping for joy: Today 12 Jan, 2021, I finally, recieved a call from dealership (I'll have to call them back ref: VIN#), but they said my build week is scheduled for 1 week of Feb - with an esimate delivery of 1st or 2nd week of March.

Historical Ordering Background:

1st week of Nov, 2020: Orginally ordered 1st week of Nov. Dealership turned out - assholes & I canc..
20 Nov, 2020 Placed 2nd order another dealership
22 Nov - Ford Ordering System - showed truck as a clean build
12 Jan, 2021: Notified by dealership the truck build will take place on 1 week of Feb
1st/2nd Week of Mar: (EDD): Estimate Delivery Date: 1 or 2nd week of Mar, 2021 (Spring Yeah)!
===================================================================================================
Base Truck Build: 2021 F150
Base Option: 4x4
Additional Options:
1. Smoked Quartz Metallic Clearcoat (Love this color)
2. Spray in Bedliner ( I also will lay in the bed a rubberized bed mat ) - it's a me thing.
3. 3.5L Powerboost Engine
4. Full Recline Seats
5. Work Surface
5. Liner-Tray Style Mat's that also comes with the Carpet Mat's (carpet mat's are standard).

Bottom Line: Looks like the full recline seats (suppply chain) is corrected. Also read today (I was researching the full recline seat) that is was not that long ago that Ford actually got their patent for their seat.