Sponsored

Anyone have a Platinum Powerboost with the Trailer Tow Package?

JeremyMTB

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Raptor, 2022 Platinum on Order
Occupation
Self Employed
I have read and understand all the confusion about what benefit there is to the different tow packages when buying a Powerboost. It seems the higher level trims even reduce the delta more as most of it is included in the base package. I am trying to figure out what might be included when ordering a highly optioned powerboost in general. It seems that at a minimum I would need the Trailer Tow package over the Tow Technology package as it will increase the rating from 7k lbs to 11k lbs. I believe this might just be a sticker change but I plan to tow around 7k lbs so I want the sticker on the door.

I was hoping someone with the above truck (specifically the Trailer Tow package and not the Max Tow) might be able to shed some light on the following.

Does your truck have the 4150 lb axle?
Are all 4150 lb axles the full floating axles?
Do all 4150 lb axles have the bigger brakes?

What frame does your truck have?

Does your truck have the mono leafs in the back or is it the 3 leaf pack?

What hitch does your truck have?
Are the different rated hitches actually different or is it just a sticker? I have read that hitches with longer frame mounting arms help transfer weight from a WDH better. If the "heavier duty" hitch from the Max Tow package mounts the same it might not make much of a difference as we are fighting payload and not trailer weight.
Sponsored

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
I am right there with you so I ordered mine with the $995 sticker! But hey on a positive note my deal is 3% under invoice so its really only a $879 sticker ?‍♂

OP
OP

JeremyMTB

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Employed
I bought a sticker for that same price. Lol.

ESG406

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21F150 Hyb, 15ExpEL 2 '06 Esc Hyb 99&01elect Rngrs
Occupation
Retired
I have read and understand all the confusion about what benefit there is to the different tow packages when buying a Powerboost. It seems the higher level trims even reduce the delta more as most of it is included in the base package. I am trying to figure out what might be included when ordering a highly optioned powerboost in general. It seems that at a minimum I would need the Trailer Tow package over the Tow Technology package as it will increase the rating from 7k lbs to 11k lbs. I believe this might just be a sticker change but I plan to tow around 7k lbs so I want the sticker on the door.

I was hoping someone with the above truck (specifically the Trailer Tow package and not the Max Tow) might be able to shed some light on the following.

Does your truck have the 4150 lb axle?
Are all 4150 lb axles the full floating axles?
Do all 4150 lb axles have the bigger brakes?

What frame does your truck have?

Does your truck have the mono leafs in the back or is it the 3 leaf pack?

What hitch does your truck have?
Are the different rated hitches actually different or is it just a sticker? I have read that hitches with longer frame mounting arms help transfer weight from a WDH better. If the "heavier duty" hitch from the Max Tow package mounts the same it might not make much of a difference as we are fighting payload and not trailer weight.
Here is a link to Ford Towing guides https://www.fleet.ford.com/towing-guides/
It is a comprehensive discussion and will probably be helpful in making an educated decision. I have a 2021 Platinum Powerboost that came with $995 Trailer Tow Package. I have not used it and do not tow trailers so no personal experience to add.

OP
OP

JeremyMTB

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Employed
It is a comprehensive discussion and will probably be helpful in making an educated decision. I have a 2021 Platinum Powerboost that came with $995 Trailer Tow Package. I have not used it and do not tow trailers so no personal experience to add.
Thank you for posting that.

Do you happen to know (or could you check) what rear brakes you have: the 336x20 or the 350x24?

Do you have the 4150lb rear axle?

Thanks
JP

Sponsored

ESG406

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21F150 Hyb, 15ExpEL 2 '06 Esc Hyb 99&01elect Rngrs
Occupation
Retired
Thank you for posting that.

Do you happen to know (or could you check) what rear brakes you have: the 336x20 or the 350x24?

Do you have the 4150lb rear axle?

Thanks
JP
suspect 336x20.tow guide suggests raptor RA is more HD
Ed 406.437.4148.

wpbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB
I just order the same truck as you. What is the measurement from bottom of class IV hitch to ground?
Sponsored