Sponsored

Anyone get Waze to work wirelessly?

Wishiwas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
I haven't tried with usb yet, but I can't manage to get Waze to work wirelessly. I am using Android Auto on Sync 4.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 ordered, 2019 JLUR Rubicon
Yep, through CarPlay it works just fine. I haven’t figured out a way to make it full screen like the Ford navigation yet though.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I was told at a test drive event by the rep that only the built in navigation app would display full screen.
on the 12" screen there seems to be no way of making the smaller dual pane to go away.
But Google Maps app works in "full screen" on the bigger pane. I haven't tried Waze, but will this Monday on a longer trip.

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
Yep, through CarPlay it works just fine. I haven’t figured out a way to make it full screen like the Ford navigation yet though.
I Must be slow because I haven’t figured out how to make CarPlay work. Or what CarPlay is even supposed to look like.....

ive searched my iPhone and find nothing for CarPlay.

I might have to send my teenager out with my phone and have her figure it out.

Sponsored

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 ordered, 2019 JLUR Rubicon
Usually carplay has to be enabled on your phone first (go to settings, and there is a CarPlay selection, you have to add your new truck, will come up as sync 4)

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
I Must be slow because I haven’t figured out how to make CarPlay work. Or what CarPlay is even supposed to look like.....

ive searched my iPhone and find nothing for CarPlay.

I might have to send my teenager out with my phone and have her figure it out.
I have the iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 14.3 so it’s possible these sequences might be different for you depending what you are running.

Try first:

Settings -> General -> CarPlay

If you don’t see CarPlay in the list then try this next sequence and make sure CarPlay is switched on:

Settings -> Screen Time -> Content & Privacy Restrictions -> Allowed Apps -> CarPlay

Switch on CarPlay

Now try the first sequence again and CarPlay should appear in the list. Open CarPlay and proceed.

Last edited:

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
I am have the iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 14.3 so it’s possible this sequence might be different for you depending what you are running.

Try first:

If you don’t see CarPlay in the list then try this next sequence and make sure CarPlay is switched on:

Settings -> Screen Time -> Content & Privacy Restrictions -> Allowed Apps -> CarPlay

Switch on CarPlay

Now try the first sequence again and CarPlay should appear in the list. Open CarPlay and proceed.
Thank you! had to do the second sequence to get it turned on. everything I found had the first sequence but never the second one you provided. Much appreciated!

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you! had to do the second sequence to get it turned on. everything I found had the first sequence but never the second one you provided. Much appreciated!
You are very welcome. Glad it worked out for you! ?

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Oh, one more thing. Now that you have CarPlay going on your phone you’ll notice a new CarPlay button appear on the bottom of the infotainment screen in the truck when your phone and truck connect via Bluetooth.??

Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
So, I’m guessing this is a one time set it up and it’s done sort of thing?
Like linking the phone to the radio so she will put the phone down and drive the car?

Buying that stereo for her is probably the best thing she ever got.

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402A Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
I have the iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 14.3 so it’s possible these sequences might be different for you depending what you are running.

Try first:

Switch on CarPlay

I suggest you update to iOS 16.0, while you are at it. This shouldn't be an impediment to successful Apple CarPlay use, but there have been important security updates, since your (old) version, and over time, as apps are updated, some will not work, or work optimally, on older iOSs
Sponsored