Sponsored

Anyone get the Premium Maintenance Plan from Ford?

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
The only maintenance I let my dealer do is anything covered by warranty. Otherwise my business goes to my local shop for anything I can’t or don’t want to do myself.
Sponsored

Scoop

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SuperCrew Platinum 5.0 4x4 6.5'
Partial synthetic vs full synthetic - in my opinion, it really depends on how long you plan on owning the truck.
Which oil you use should depend upon what the manufacturer advises you to use in the owner's manual. :)

Uncorked

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XL
That’s a lot of money. You have to remember they would not sell these if they weren’t profit centers. Personally I buy my own full synthetic oil and motorcraft filters. In winter I take my truck into my local ford dealer they do it for $25. Which includes tire rotation. So $25 plus we will say $30 for oil and filter. It’s a bit less than that I figure about $50 or so. That’s a far cry from $184! Even if I have them do the entire job with synthetic blend it’s about $60 and full synthetic is about $100. Anyway if I was you I’d ask for a refund on that deal. If anything use it towards a Ford ESP (extended warranty)

Are you saying that you buy and supply the oil and air filter to the dealer for the oil change that they perform for you? I never would have guessed that they would be willing to do that.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Are you saying that you buy and supply the oil and air filter to the dealer for the oil change that they perform for you? I never would have guessed that they would be willing to do that.
That’s exactly what I’m saying. Now depending on the dealer they not but mine was happy to do it. He even told me they really don’t make much money on oil changes anyway. Lol. I asked my SA how much a full synthetic change was and he told me then he offered saying if you bring your own stuff in we’ll do it for $25. I was amazed.

OP
OP

charmai101

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Are you getting brake pads etc in that plan? I know on my wifes Macan the plan they offered included a set of pads and rotors (though the plan was big bucks)
Yes, brake pad was included. All the maintenance items listed on the manual are included. I still think it's not worth it. So I did canceled the plan. I'll get the extended warranty, at least it gives me peace of mind.

Sponsored

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
I got one on my 2021 F-150. You have to specifically purchase the full synthetic option when you buy the plan. Otherwise, the service department will only use conventional oil.
Just to clarify:

Ford's standard fill for the F150 is Motorcraft semi-synthetic, and as you state full synthetic is available for extra cost.

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do anyone get the Premium Maintenance Plan from Ford? Does the plan use full synthetic oil? Is it okay not to use full synthetic oil? Thanks in advance!
Yes, I bought both Premium Maintenance Plan and the ESP extended warranty.

Why? Several reasons.

1) After 45 years of doing almost all the maintenance for my family's vehicles I've decided to treat myself and stop crawling under cars. Of course, we bought a travel trailer and now I crawl under that. 😄

2) Premium maintenance includes more than just oil changes and tire rotation. Per the Terms & Conditions it also includes wear items:

Ford F-150 Anyone get the Premium Maintenance Plan from Ford? 1674197908029
NOTE: "PMP F" = Premium Maintenance Plan - Ford
Ford F-150 Anyone get the Premium Maintenance Plan from Ford? 1674198633443

3) We tow that trailer fairly regularly, so I opted for the additional cost 5K service interval as it covers the Severe Duty maintenance schedule.

Ford F-150 Anyone get the Premium Maintenance Plan from Ford? 1674199821290
With the 5K interval I decided to not add the full synthetic option.​

4) Between the PSP and ESP pretty much everything on this truck Ford's responsibility for 100,000 miles.

5) The service department at our local Ford dealer is actually good (Kendall Ford - Meridian, ID).

6) I'm thinking inflation will make this purchase look better as time goes by. That being said, my real hope is we return to low inflation again.

From Ziegler Ford the PMP with the 5K option for 100,000 miles (20 service visits) was $2145 - $107 per service.

Prices can differ by state and may have changed since my purchase (evil inflation 😉).

Ford F-150 Anyone get the Premium Maintenance Plan from Ford? 1674198096226

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That’s exactly what I’m saying. Now depending on the dealer they not but mine was happy to do it. He even told me they really don’t make much money on oil changes anyway. Lol. I asked my SA how much a full synthetic change was and he told me then he offered saying if you bring your own stuff in we’ll do it for $25. I was amazed.
Then the mechanic takes your beautiful case of synthetic oil and puts it in the trunk of his car and fills yours with whatever bulk oil hose is closest.

I'll see myself out now. 😁

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew / 2020 Expedition MAX 4x4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Thank you all, I don’t know what got into me. We made the same mistake when we bought a RAV4 in 2014 and bought the maintenance plan, and it didn’t work out well. My wife and I swore we’ll never bought a maintenance plan, and I did it again, lol …

I swore I would never buy a maintenance or extended service plan, but my wife talked me into the maintenance plan for our 2020 Expedition. As I get older, I am not as excited to go underneath a vehicle to wrench on it. Use to do my own work on all my vehicles, but the truck or Expedition will not even fit in my garage due to height issues.

So far, the maintenance plan has been awesome on our Expedition. I priced it out based on recent visits to the dealer with my mother's 2019 Blazer, and I believe it pays for itself in the long run.

Long story short, I know, too late; I purchased it for my F-150. It gives me peace of mind that I no longer need to worry about getting under the vehicle and wrenching on the basic stuff. I ended up with an extended service plan too. We had a 2006 Expedition with the 5.0L 3V, and it cost me an arm and a leg in repairs because of problems with the engine, not to mention the downtime while I did the labor on the repairs. Three days later and a couple thousand in parts, the Expedition was running. This does not include the time it took me to change out the notoriously common broken spark plug on the 5.0 3V engine. A maintenance/extended service plan would have saved a lot of money and downtime.

Last edited:

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Then the mechanic takes your beautiful case of synthetic oil and puts it in the trunk of his car and fills yours with whatever bulk oil hose is closest.

I'll see myself out now. 😁
Well maybe. But then I’m still getting the base motorcraft synthetic blend oil and tire rotate for $25. 😁 it’s possible but this is a small town dealer and they have always been pretty honest and straight forward. I’ll take my chances as it’s winter and too damn cold to change my own. 😂

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
I had the plan on my 09 Lariat. I came out even or slightly ahead on that plan. I didn’t get it on my new truck since I’m retired now and have more free time. It was nice not to worry about maintenance for 100k miles.
Sponsored