Anyone get a problem free 2021 F-150?

bosro

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
Mine is two months old tomorrow. About 1150 miles.

No problems so far other than that I'm generally not getting the 24mpg in the city. That may have to do with my route and how I drive, but I'm actually pretty careful about the go-pedal and almost all of my braking is regenerative (mechanical brakes probably look brand new).

Part of the reason my mileage isn't up there may be that so far I've only used regular gas. I think I'll try going to Premium - the bump in mileage may actually pay off given the high prices for gas here in Kalifornia.
Premium is up to 1.65/L here.
And set to go more.
That's over $6/US gallon.
What's premium in Cal?
Bet it's still alot cheaper than here....
Sponsored

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Seems like all or most of the posts are people bitching about problems with their trucks. Anyone problem free and happy?
@Diceman -

I think it’s probably the nature of this type of Forum.

Pre-availability, lots os speculation and excitement. Then a shift to customers boasting about various improvements and mods. Finally, most remaining posters are motivated because they have something to gripe about.

As for this poster, I love my Platty PowerBoost. I’ve got 6,800 miles on her and have had zero issues. None. I am anticipating that the stock Hankook tires will suck come winter (I live in New England near the top of a hill) but they’ve been smooth and quiet all summer long.

Nothing here to complain about, dammit!
?

Inshore97

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Honda Pilot, 2015 Genesis 3.8bSWD
No mechanical issues with KR Powerboost. Had a dented bumper, seems due to transport and a few paint missed but all else has been good. I have about 3k on truck

CarolynStride

First Name
Carolyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 4x2
Occupation
Retired?
Mine is great. Truck was keyed wrong but dealer fixed and no other issues.

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
Very happy with mine. No issues

Sponsored

Seahawk51

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mercedes GLS450, 2013 Chevy Equinox, 2021 Ford F-150 on order
Occupation
Retired
10,000 miles on mine. Towed a 30 ft camper for over 4,500 miles. The only Major was when I went to put in gas - it was only the 2nd tankful- and it wouldn't take fuel. Dearborn got involved, and they replaced my whole fuel tank. Past that, nothing major. Now and then the Sync 4 will barf but that takes a re-start and all has been well. And there is the occasional spurious warning. For instance, today in a major league rainstorm I got a warning that my front camera had faulted and I needed maintenance. It went away of its own accord. I get 20+ around town, and 10.7 - 11.0 towing our camper. This is my first truck and I love this thing.

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
Lariat, 5.0,max tow, super crew. Almost 6 mo. now, only 3.5k mi.. Very happy so far, reading on here I fell very lucky. Sounds like some real brake controller issues. I have yet to tow my 24 ft. trailer. At the end of the month I have a 800 mile tow planed. That will give me a little better perspective on things. Thanks to everyone here for telling us about the extended warranty plans and where to buy them. I hope I won’t need it. People may sound like they are complaining, I look at it as a discussion and problem solving.

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Almost 10,000 miles, and the only issue is a noise above the drivers door that I hear on some rough roads.

Ecoblue

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Antimater
Occupation
Technician
Mine is two months old tomorrow. About 1150 miles.

No problems so far other than that I'm generally not getting the 24mpg in the city. That may have to do with my route and how I drive, but I'm actually pretty careful about the go-pedal and almost all of my braking is regenerative (mechanical brakes probably look brand new).

Part of the reason my mileage isn't up there may be that so far I've only used regular gas. I think I'll try going to Premium - the bump in mileage may actually pay off given the high prices for gas here in Kalifornia.
My mileage was really bad until I dud my first oil change. I gained about 3mpg after switching to synthetic. My guess is they have really heavy weight oil for the run in period.
Sponsored