Sponsored

Anyone found a way to disable the reverse beeping? It's loud as hell, and I'm sure will annoy the neighbors.

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
Beeping, not being able to backup with the door open, honking when you exit and close the door with it running, a big warning popping up on the screen telling you to look in the back seat are all there because people cannot take responsibility for their actions or in-actions. They kill their kids leaving them in hot cars, they run themselves over, they back over people, they forget to turn off their car in the garage and kill everyone from carbon monoxide poisoning.....
This needs to stop being a thing.
I can tell you from experience (different industry) as I deal with my companies liability cases... Ford has no choice.... when xyz customer sues them because of varies reasons you have listed and they haven't done anything to address the issue then it turns into a gross negligence case that adds zero's to the end of any settlement. In extreme cases people can be criminally prosecuted. (insert political statement here) - this is all driven by the legal/insurance industry and (insert political statement here) aka look at California law for an example
Sponsored

Plat_2021

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat Sport, 2021 Platinum (on order)
Occupation
Network and Security Consultant
Find the speaker and put heavy tape over it to lower the volume, use to do it for the kids toys all the time....

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
OP
OP
Longhorngary

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150 302A soon to be 2021 F150 KR PB
Ok, I just did the decibel test. Windows up and the radio on level 5 the apps both read between 70 and 75. Rolled the window down, radio off phone held near the outside rear view mirror. Reading 45 in the garage. Started truck - electric driving in drive pulling forward reading about 65. Put in reverse - it would max out at 72 when it beeped. That's it, no way can it be heard indoors.
Well I tested mine outdoors in the driveway and my varied between 68-78 decibels on the sound meter app I downloaded. You absolutely could hear it in our house. The app says 60 decibles = a normal conversation at 3 ft, 70 decibels = busy traffic or a vacuum cleaner, and 80 decibles = Busy street, or an alarm clock. Now our situation may be skewed somewhat as our house in on a hillside where the driveway is up the hill from our house. It's roughly a half a floor above the first level of our house (main level) and then the lower level is downstairs from the main level. Perhaps we're hearing the sound louder as we're basically six feet below the truck in the driveway.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Longhorngary

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My 2013 Tesla Model S does not have this sound. I don't think any of them do. Not sure it is really required or Tesla is just ignoring it.
I think the regulation has just gone into enforcement for '21 models.

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
probably something too due with the weight of vehicle?

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
My 2013 Tesla Model S does not have this sound. I don't think any of them do. Not sure it is really required or Tesla is just ignoring it.
Only required on models after 2018.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Ok, I just did the decibel test. Windows up and the radio on level 5 the apps both read between 70 and 75. Rolled the window down, radio off phone held near the outside rear view mirror. Reading 45 in the garage. Started truck - electric driving in drive pulling forward reading about 65. Put in reverse - it would max out at 72 when it beeped. That's it, no way can it be heard indoors.
I also tried the decibel test, I put it in reverse with my foot on the brake, rolled down the window and held my phone out using the meter. The dings would only get about +5 or 6 decibels above the ambient noise level, which was unfortunately about 55 already. Then cars kept driving by and messing up my graph so I don't have a screenshot to show. If it was dead silence I'm sure that ding would be like 20 times louder than ambient but my test conditions sucked ass.

OP
OP
Longhorngary

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Does anyone have a picture of where the speaker is located on the truck? there was a rough verbal explanation but I didn't readily find it.

Sponsored

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost FX4
Does anyone have a picture of where the speaker is located on the truck? there was a rough verbal explanation but I didn't readily find it.
If you crawl under the front of the truck and look up just in front of the driver's side of the bottom of the radiator, you'll see the cylindrical speaker assembly with a grille on the bottom. It faces downwards and is difficult to access, though the bottom of the speaker is pretty easily seen. I covered mine with a couple 3/8" sheets of dense foam to attenuate the volume a bit. The backup chime doesn't bother me, it's the growling fake engine noise that penetrates the cabin at slower speeds. It's still audible after what I did. Sounds like a quieter fart-can exhaust now. LOL

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Subaru, 21 f150 502a ecoboost
Occupation
Utility maintenance worker
I gotchu

It will probably throw a speaker ckt open code.

Ford F-150 Anyone found a way to disable the reverse beeping?  It's loud as hell,  and I'm sure will annoy the neighbors. 3E869421-FC28-4865-BB67-54C959879E77

Ford F-150 Anyone found a way to disable the reverse beeping?  It's loud as hell,  and I'm sure will annoy the neighbors. 7943A487-B82E-4E88-A6D7-21B1E2D1C760

Last edited:

brnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat
I understand if the vehicle is required to generate a noise at very low speeds when in full-electric mode. I'll even accept that it has to beep when backing up. What is simply asinine, however, is that the truck generates the white noise pedestrian repellent any time it's below 20 mph--even when the engine is running! Try it! Roll down your windows and cruise around the neighborhood. You'll see that the truck is LOUDER at 19 mph than at 30! Whatever the legal technicality is that requires this "feature" is idiotic.

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost FX4
It will throw an immediate warning about the pedestrian sounder if it’s unplugged. I already tested that and knew it would after reviewing the diagnostic procedures for the warning system.
Sponsored