Sponsored

Anyone ever installed the tailagate lift motor to a truck that didnt come with it?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Didn't it start as an XL? Any before and afters? I know from reading many of the threads you have contributed to that you can, and have added almost everything that's possible to add to one of these trucks. I don't know why I feel the need to see it, but something is compelling me to see what your truck looks like maybe because then I would know that's the truck that so much knowledge was gained from. Or maybe it's the bourbon talking.
Yes. Started as a 21 XL STX FX4

now it is a 502a lariat in every way minus sunroof and sliding rear glass. That would be the only things missing.

I have a bronco now that I’m starting on
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Lariats don't have multicontour seats.
You are going to need new fender badges again. :)

A_carrillo08

First Name
Adolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Everything is self contained in the tailgate. Nothing truck side changes.

You also have to complete the circuit for the power to the tailgate connector. The connectors under the truck are all the same and no changes needed. It does plug right in.

Youll have to do the power circuit and the release circuit.

Its easier if your truck had power release already. If not.. it harder but doable.. mine was manual release.
Hate to bring up old posts. By chance do you know a thread of installing with trucks that have power release already.
Sponsored