First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150, 2020 Chevy Corvette, 2016 Ford Focus
Occupation
Assembler
Was playing again on build and price tool...
Already placed my order 2 months ago and thankfully I locked my order in with RETRACTABLE tonneau cover for $995...
Now its $1695!!!!

Ford caught on what a great deal that was i guess!!!

Now the real question is if I ordered and locked it in at that price but I've yet to be built, im still locked in correct?

I don't have a vin or build date yet
Sponsored

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Already placed my order 2 months ago and thankfully I locked my order in with RETRACTABLE tonneau cover for $995...
Now its $1695!!!!

Now the real question is if I ordered and locked it in at that price but I've yet to be built, im still locked in correct?

I didn't notice the change in the retractable cover, but the same thing happened with the 6" extended running boards (fixed chrome ones for KR). They went from $225 to like $1005, but I honestly thought it was a B&P glitch, and not a real price increase. If you have your order sheet and price already worked out with your dealer it should hold tight, but who knows?

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Now its $1695!!!!

Is this
Now its $1695!!!!

Sounds like a glitch in the B&P exterior parts section that was fixed.

Even though your order might say a retractable cover and a price of $995.00, don’t be surprised at what you might actually receive with your new truck is the folding cover.

I‘m sure your dealer will be willing to correct the problem but, you will have to pay the difference out of pocket because they’re not going to just eat $700.00 dollars.

Congrats on the new truck.

OP
OP
TheWraith

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Assembler
Is this

Sounds like a glitch in the B&P exterior parts section that was fixed.

Even though your order might say a retractable cover and a price of $995.00, don’t be surprised at what you might actually receive with your new truck is the folding cover.

I‘m sure your dealer will be willing to correct the problem but, you will have to pay the difference out of pocket because they’re not going to just eat $700.00 dollars.

Congrats on the new truck.
Sounds like Ford during launches....
My first 2015 was an Early build at that time Tow Package was only $495 along with if I'm not mistaken FX4 was same price as well...

Later 2015s shot up to 695 or 795..... pricing....
Just look at how much Delivery prices have went up...
Think the 2015 was $995 now 6 years later were at $1695 and gas is at it cheapest....

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Now its $1695!!!!

Here is a new pic of the Retractable Tonneau Cover, as shown on the Ford B&P site -
Ford F-150 Anyone Else Notice.... retractable tonneau cover price increased 1605546276309

Note that this looks a lot like the RetraxONE XR Tonneau Cover that costs about $300 less (on the 2020 F-150, anyway). I don't have confirmation this is Ford's OEM but if I were a betting man ...
Ford F-150 Anyone Else Notice.... retractable tonneau cover price increased 1605546722961

I think I will wait and take my time to instead buy a cover in the after-market.

Now its $1695!!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheWraith

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Assembler
So that costs $700 or $1400 lol

OP
OP
TheWraith

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Assembler
So getting in on the $995 factory installed order was better deal for once lol!

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
All Ford tonneau covers are nothing but rebranded aftermarket tonneau covers.

Outside of the cover having the Ford logo on them, which is what you’re paying extra for, they‘re identical to the aftermarket brand.

Unless you just want the cover to be included in your financing, you can save money by buying the same cover via the aftermarket but it won’t have the Ford logo on it.

OP
OP
TheWraith

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Assembler
Still think it was a deal considering out of the accessories book it was over $2k new im happy... Tri Fold Vs RETRACTABLE for same price

Sponsored

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Still think it was a deal considering out of the accessories book it was over $2k new im happy... Tri Fold Vs RETRACTABLE for same price
Well, I hope the price holds and that you actually get the retractable cover.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I didn't notice the change in the retractable cover, but the same thing happened with the 6" extended running boards (fixed chrome ones for KR). They went from $225 to like $1005, but I honestly thought it was a B&P glitch, and not a real price increase. If you have your order sheet and price already worked out with your dealer it should hold tight, but who knows?
It must have been a glitch. Back to $225.

Ford F-150 Anyone Else Notice.... retractable tonneau cover price increased 1609439070149

Any pictures of these floating around?

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
It must have been a glitch. Back to $225.

Any pictures of these floating around?
Weird. When I saw $1005 on the Build & Price site I had my dealer confirm in the order system, and he sent me the invoice/order document that showed the new price too. Oh well, now if I try to add them back I'd risk the cost increase on Max Tow. I'll have to make due with the standard stone grey steps on my KR. I know I'll prefer the painted ones to the chrome anyways, so no sweat. Interesting find though, thanks for sharing.

KTMADVRDR

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 F350, 2004 BMW X5
Occupation
Physician
I saw the retractable cover on a '21 Limited yesterday and it is very nice quality. Retrax branding on it. I confirmed it appears to be keyed separately from the truck.

OP
OP
TheWraith

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Assembler
nice was it all metal on top? I know some are made of a hard composite material for a lower grade cost.
Sponsored