Anyone else in the same boat?

chrisp993

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Platinum, '15 Audi S4, Spec Iron Mustang
Ben - yes, I've driven past the Dearborn Truck plant a few times since the truck was supposedly built :rolleyes:

Tim - the dealer is Granger i.e. good guys, well known on this forum, but they aren't providing any more info other than "sometimes trucks go "off the grid" and just show up". Most recently, the window sticker has disappeared from Ford's tracking site ... all of which starts to make me think something has "happened" to this truck? I'd like to think that Ford isn't so inept that they would let a sold truck take more than two months to get to the buyer ... and the notion that a bedliner takes over a month to be scheduled and installed is just ridiculous. So, what is going on?

At this point I'm pretty actively looking for alternatives. Ironically my Granger order was someone else's cancelled order - I had an original order (from last August!) at my local dealer that *just* got built - at this point its possible that will end up getting here sooner than Granger's truck and could solve my problem!
Sponsored

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid
Ben - yes, I've driven past the Dearborn Truck plant a few times since the truck was supposedly built :rolleyes:

Tim - the dealer is Granger i.e. good guys, well known on this forum, but they aren't providing any more info other than "sometimes trucks go "off the grid" and just show up". Most recently, the window sticker has disappeared from Ford's tracking site ... all of which starts to make me think something has "happened" to this truck? I'd like to think that Ford isn't so inept that they would let a sold truck take more than two months to get to the buyer ... and the notion that a bedliner takes over a month to be scheduled and installed is just ridiculous. So, what is going on?

At this point I'm pretty actively looking for alternatives. Ironically my Granger order was someone else's cancelled order - I had an original order (from last August!) at my local dealer that *just* got built - at this point its possible that will end up getting here sooner than Granger's truck and could solve my problem!
If it helps, I've seen multiple members on this forum mention their window stickers disappearing for a few days at some point after the truck being built, and before it was delivered.

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Ford has sure taken the fun away from a new purchase. The lack of communication is absolutely crazy from Ford. I believe there is something much more than a liner holding things up. At this point I really don’t care what the problem is but they could give us a better ETA as we need to plan. My truck must be a little unique Lariat, PB, 6.5 bed as I can’t find one so the wait continues until I find something else.
Agree with everything you say here.
Sponsored