Sponsored

Anyone else having issues with Sirius XM over the past few days?

Johnguz76

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 lariat
Occupation
Self employed
About three days ago the screen said 'loading,' now even though the xm icon is on the screen it won't react when selected. FM, car play, everything else working fine. Chatted with xm last night and they referred me to another tech line - they sent another signal and still nothing. Said they would 'escalate' to another group. Curious if this is an isolated case, just my truck or if any of you have had similar issues.
I am having same issue with my 2021 lariat.Sirrius refreshed the signals so many times with no success.They referred me to someone in their advanced tech dept for a callback.So far no call..

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
I am still having issues too. It's been a week since going to 1.71, and a couple days ago it upgraded to the 2.x version... still loading.... :rolleyes:

Sponsored

Maljr1980

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
Project Manager
Same thing happened in my truck last Friday

OP
OP
Platimatter

Platimatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 701
Have opened a case with Ford on as the dealer said they have no software update that will fix the Sirius access. Has anyone else been able to get this fixed? If so what did your dealer do? I'm getting ready for a few holiday road trips and would like this function to work - stopped working as of the 11/13 OTA update. Sirius has also kept in contact and I have my third call with them this coming Friday, some sort of escalation group. Really like this truck but stuff like this is frustrating to say the least. Again would appreciate any info from the group.

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Mine is doing the exact same thing. I asked this question in a separate thread, and havecreceived no response. I am waiting for answers, too.

4thF1504me

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
All the same symptoms here. Coincident with OTA 1.7.1. I do not think it is a SiriusXM issue. It is more likely caused by the Ford OTA’s that tinker with your truck overnight. It was supposed to fix CarPlay but ended up corrupting SiriusXM. So much for the free trial. And if these OTA’S continue to be a hassle I believe this will be my 5th and last F150.

OP
OP
Platimatter

Platimatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 701
Update - I called Ford's customer care line and filed a case a few weeks back. Took the truck to the dealership and they do not have any updates available that will fix the issue. I've also had four or five scheduled weekly calls with Sirius XM as they have been monitoring this closely. Someone from Sirius's escalation team called the day after I got my truck back from the dealership and confirmed with them that it is still not working and the dealership has no fix. Sirius has also stated numerous times that this is a FORD issue with their OTA updates and referenced 11/13 OTA, exactly the date mine stopped working.. Confirmed in their system my subscription is active on the truck and have gone through multiple refreshes - have had Sirius for a few years now on multiple vehicles. Never an issue like this.

What really set me off was today someone called from Ford and their call dropped. Called in and they took my info. Awhile later receive an email from them along with Sirius's contact information - basically asking if I had contacted Sirius yet. BEYOND FRUSTRATING. Called back in and asked to speak to someone immediately and got someone who said they have heard of this issue and that someone from their In Vehicle Technology Team will call me tomorrow.

Checking in to see if this is still an issue for the group and if whether or not anyone has gotten a fix for this yet.

FORD - If you are monitoring these forums you need to come up with a fix ASAP

Sponsored

4thF1504me

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Update - I called Ford's customer care line and filed a case a few weeks back. Took the truck to the dealership and they do not have any updates available that will fix the issue. I've also had four or five scheduled weekly calls with Sirius XM as they have been monitoring this closely. Someone from Sirius's escalation team called the day after I got my truck back from the dealership and confirmed with them that it is still not working and the dealership has no fix. Sirius has also stated numerous times that this is a FORD issue with their OTA updates and referenced 11/13 OTA, exactly the date mine stopped working.. Confirmed in their system my subscription is active on the truck and have gone through multiple refreshes - have had Sirius for a few years now on multiple vehicles. Never an issue like this.

What really set me off was today someone called from Ford and their call dropped. Called in and they took my info. Awhile later receive an email from them along with Sirius's contact information - basically asking if I had contacted Sirius yet. BEYOND FRUSTRATING. Called back in and asked to speak to someone immediately and got someone who said they have heard of this issue and that someone from their In Vehicle Technology Team will call me tomorrow.

Checking in to see if this is still an issue for the group and if whether or not anyone has gotten a fix for this yet.

FORD - If you are monitoring these forums you need to come up with a fix ASAP
I contacted Ford. They are well aware of issue. They stated they are working on a update to correct the problem. They said it will be coming out in the next few months. Never again!

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Yes... it is STILL an issue!!!!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
If you go into you connectivity settings menu. Verify what is on in there. I would also go in there and cycle the 360L off and on. Cycle it off and reset the apim how I describe below. Then go back and turn it back on. Reset the APIM by holding the power button and seek up on the audio controls or volume down and seek forward on the steering wheel while truck is running.

Also if you did receive the 1.7.1 update I would verify your current APIM version. Go to settings, general, about SYNC. You should have version 21146 REV 145.

The newer ACM and apims have a data connection between them. If either of the modules is not receiving the commands from one or the other it will behave the way you are describing. I know it sounds old school but it may also be beneficial to just pull the battery to the truck for an hour or so to allow the modules to fully power down and reconnect.

I had the slow response from SAT radio around the time everyone else did. Fortunately I did not have the other issue but I am familiar with it.

The problem though is from the ACM and APIM not communicating. Hope the resets will help to get them talking again. The FM is not depending on a data communication to work the SAT radio is.

OP
OP
Platimatter

Platimatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 701
If you go into you connectivity settings menu. Verify what is on in there. I would also go in there and cycle the 360L off and on. Cycle it off and reset the apim how I describe below. Then go back and turn it back on. Reset the APIM by holding the power button and seek up on the audio controls or volume down and seek forward on the steering wheel while truck is running.

Also if you did receive the 1.7.1 update I would verify your current APIM version. Go to settings, general, about SYNC. You should have version 21146 REV 145.

The newer ACM and apims have a data connection between them. If either of the modules is not receiving the commands from one or the other it will behave the way you are describing. I know it sounds old school but it may also be beneficial to just pull the battery to the truck for an hour or so to allow the modules to fully power down and reconnect.

I had the slow response from SAT radio around the time everyone else did. Fortunately I did not have the other issue but I am familiar with it.

The problem though is from the ACM and APIM not communicating. Hope the resets will help to get them talking again. The FM is not depending on a data communication to work the SAT radio is.
Thanks Jesse - I got in the truck yesterday and confirmed that I have all the updates / software you mentioned. I reset using the steering wheel controls then the volume and FF button with no luck, have done this a few times previously as well. I guess the only thing now is to disconnect the battery. Ford sent a note saying someone would get back to me after the holidays. Great since I'll be traveling in the truck alot over the next two weeks.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks Jesse - I got in the truck yesterday and confirmed that I have all the updates / software you mentioned. I reset using the steering wheel controls then the volume and FF button with no luck, have done this a few times previously as well. I guess the only thing now is to disconnect the battery. Ford sent a note saying someone would get back to me after the holidays. Great since I'll be traveling in the truck alot over the next two weeks.

Ok, I am hoping you get it resolved. I know it stinks to not have things working as intended.

Safe travels
Sponsored