Sponsored

Anyone else having issues with connectivity? Have deleted account from Ford Pass done numerous master resets, taken truck to dealer and no luck.

John Heller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f-150
Connectivity shows locked on settings and says there is a svs update that needs connectivity. Also Alexa doesn’t load. Ford has promised me a call and has not followed up. This is what displays when you touch connectivity.

There is an active SVS service which needs Vehicle Connectivity.

n order to change this setting, please first cancel the active service by visiting your Ford account.

Vehicle Connectivity controls the vehicle's cellular and Wi-Fi connections for services and software updates.

Terms and conditions may apply.

Please contact us if you have any questions.
Sponsored

PBoost

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 PB
Yes, same here.. picked truck up last night, tried to sync. errors out every time. I deleted app several times, resets factory settings on truck several times.. Not sure what's next, but am trying each day.

OP
OP

John Heller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f-150
Yes, same here.. picked truck up last night, tried to sync. errors out every time. I deleted app several times, resets factory settings on truck several times.. Not sure what's next, but am trying each day.
It’s really frustrating. Dealer didn’t have a clue on how to fix the problem. I also had problems with FordPass. Twice I had to remove my vehicle from FordPass and uninstall the app and do a master reset That did fix FordPass issues so I could remote start the vehicle. I have an appointment with another dealer in 3 weeks trying to get issues fixed. That was as quick as they could get me in. FordPass says they are working on the problem but no clue when it will be addressed. They also told me the dealer could fix the software but dealer had zero knowledge on how to address this problem and did not fix anything.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I can't think of a thing that a dealership has an advantage when it comes to FordPass.
Other than they might have a phone number that they can call for help that we the consumer don't?

cdelva

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 Lariat, MY23 F150 orders 10/7/22
Occupation
IT

Sponsored

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew / 2020 Expedition MAX 4x4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
It’s really frustrating. Dealer didn’t have a clue on how to fix the problem. I also had problems with FordPass. Twice I had to remove my vehicle from FordPass and uninstall the app and do a master reset That did fix FordPass issues so I could remote start the vehicle. I have an appointment with another dealer in 3 weeks trying to get issues fixed. That was as quick as they could get me in. FordPass says they are working on the problem but no clue when it will be addressed. They also told me the dealer could fix the software but dealer had zero knowledge on how to address this problem and did not fix anything.

I had the same issue on my '23 502A. It seems to be an ongoing problem with the 2023 models. I unplugged the TCU multiple times and still had issues. Two days after my last attempt at unplugging, it magically started to work.

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Sport 2.7L
Same issue here. Just made an appointment with the dealer and they said Ford just put out a broadcast to dealers about this issue.

EDIT: A poster on the Bronco Nation forums advises that Ford told them an update is expected for end of January to correct this issue.

Last edited:

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That’s great news! Thanks for sharing.
I opened up the diagnostic screen in Sync (Fast Forward on Steering Wheel and Console at the same time, end sound test) and from what I can tell the TCU is connected to the car but anything more specific in terms of info is unavailable - just displays awaiting connection or something similar for multiple fields.

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew / 2020 Expedition MAX 4x4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Same issue here. Just made an appointment with the dealer, and they said Ford just broadcasted this issue to dealers.

EDIT: A poster on the Bronco Nation forums advises that Ford told them an update is expected for end of January to correct this issue.

Not happy this problem exists but happy I am not alone. I will be due for an oil change the first part of February, and hopefully, they will take care of this update.

Sponsored

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not happy this problem exists but happy I am not alone. I will be due for an oil change the first part of February, and hopefully, they will take care of this update.
I haven't had a great experience with new vehicles in a long, long time. Seems like the more we cram into them the more that can go wrong. But at least Ford is trying to make things work. Our other vehicle is a Subaru. Lovely vehicle - terrible infotainment and Subaru hasn't worked out the kinks in the three years they've had since this vehicle hit the road. Wife got into my truck and thinks Sync 4 is light years ahead.

But, in the meantime, I noticed something interesting. I reset my TCU for 24 hours and it was on and connected to the car, but wasn't connecting to the outside world - just kept saying it was awaiting a connection. After 8 hours of this I threw a hail mary and deleted the F150 from Fordpass and readded it. Started the activation process and that seemed to kick the TCU back to life - I have connectivity again (for now). Wonder if the TCU needed an outside prompt to get going again.

I'll be in with the dealer tomorrow for an intermittent blue screen when using the 360 cameras, so hopefully I get my name on the list for an update whenever it comes out.

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dealership reset my APIM and told me that Ford is advising the issue with the TCU is coming from enabling OTA updates. They told me to leave that off until an update comes out in late January/early February.

OP
OP

John Heller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f-150
Just an update. Took 2023 f -150 powerboost hybrid into different dealer. They tried different things for 3 hours then said they were going to contact Ford. They were stumped and said that no software updates have been released. Connectivity settings are still locked, Alexa doesn’t setup. Did disconnect the module behind the seat two different nights and that didn’t help. Frustrating. Anyone else get their truck fixed?

athenslb57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150
Not sure they know how to fix at the moment.

OP
OP

John Heller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f-150
Not sure they know how to fix at the moment.
I think your right on they don’t know how to fix the problem. Dealer called 15 minutes ago Ford advised him to do the generic stuff that the mechanic already tried. Dealer said he is contacting Ford again trying to get problem escalated. I will update if a solution is found.
Sponsored