Sponsored

Anyone else getting collision warnings for no reason?

Wishiwas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Every now and then while I am driving, I get a collision warning flashing on my dash.
Scares me every time because I am worried its going to slam the brakes on while I doing like 65. I did have the dealership look at it. Since it wasn't happening at the moment, they said they couldn't do anything about it. They suggested keeping the area behind the mirror clear of objects.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mattchops

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Yeah, this happens on my non-Ford vehicle, as well. They all seem to do it. It luckily hasn't slammed on the brakes on the highway, but has done it on side roads which sucked.

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Occasionally. If someone in the opposite lane veers a bit toward you, situations like that. Not very common. But it seems the system is doing its job.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I think you can adjust the sensitivity of the pre collision warning in the menus. I have this issues when a car out in front of me is turning out of the lane and moving slowly. I can easily anticipate that the car will be out of the way but the system throws the warnings because there is currently an obsticle in the road. It's annoying but I don't think there is any way to avoid it. My wife's Subaru does exactly the same thing.
Sponsored