Anyone else feel the console shifter kinda sucks?

OP

SJLCJL

First Name
Steven
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4, 2017 Mustang GT Premium
Very good video. Very bad feels.
Haha, thanks man.. All of the shifters had this kind of sloppy feel on the ones I have test driven.. This is on the truck I purchased, so I've had a little more time to play with it and see what kind of stuff doesn't feel right..

To me, it really seems like you should have to push the button in to shift to park.. That's how I recall it being on my other console shifters in the past.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Haha, thanks man.. All of the shifters had this kind of sloppy feel on the ones I have test driven.. This is on the truck I purchased, so I've had a little more time to play with it and see what kind of stuff doesn't feel right..

To me, it really seems like you should have to push the button in to shift to park.. That's how I recall it being on my other console shifters in the past.
I agree. Shifters shouldn’t move unless you push that shifter button. I’ve seen other cars from other brands shift without pressing the button but those vehicles were over ten years old at least. Things wear out. You’re in state of the art 2021 all new F150. That should not be happening. I really hope you show that video to your dealer. Educate these fools

Advertisement

Advertisement