Sponsored

Anyone else being told their order is being pushed to 2023 MY?

jfox8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I've been reading the forums here since ordering a Tremor in early April. I haven't seen anyone mention this, but it is very possible that someone has mentioned this before... I have been going through the Ford support so I would not bother the dealer with order updates. I contacted them today and was told that it looked like my order has been moved to the 2023 model year and to contact the dealer. I went through the queue twice and was told the same thing. I am not super upset as I realize others have been waiting far longer, but I was wondering if anyone has been told the same... The manager for my dealer is out today, so hopefully, I will get more info tomorrow.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Not surprised since Ford has indicated that they are done with scheduling 2022 builds about now. (can't remember the exact date. May 16?)

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Not surprised since Ford has indicated that they are done with scheduling 2022 builds about now. (can't remember the exact date. May 16?)
I think today is the last day to submit an order for 2022, but I don't think they're stopping scheduling yet since they've already announced they are scheduling next week.

OP
OP

jfox8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
This is my understanding as well. I was a little surprised to see the 2023 model year mentioned for an order in early April (this soon at least).

bbene

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lariat 502A Powerboost
Occupation
Software Engineer
My sales guy (who is also my neighbor) told me that his Ford rep told him that they plan on building all orders within today's cutoff as 22MY. It'll be interesting to see if that ends up being the case or not. I just put my order in last week with the expectation that mine would potentially become a 23MY and am in no rush. The important thing is that I got locked in on the 22MY pricing.

Sponsored

Payup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 XLT Sport Special Edition
My sales guy (who is also my neighbor) told me that his Ford rep told him that they plan on building all orders within today's cutoff as 22MY. It'll be interesting to see if that ends up being the case or not. I just put my order in last week with the expectation that mine would potentially become a 23MY and am in no rush. The important thing is that I got locked in on the 22MY pricing.
I did read somewhere, can't remeber which forum, that MY22 will NOT be price protected if bumped to MY23. We will see 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP

jfox8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
This is one of my main concerns. Hopefully I’ll get some more details soon.

sippy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 f150 platinum
I'm kinda in the same boat...ford chat has been giving me updates...saying clean unsched...then this week...didnt say it was being switched to 2023...but you need to talk to your dealer.....for an update. 2022 Platinum. So something changed...might be next week before I talk to my dealer and if I find anything compelling I will report back.

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
Thanks sippy2. I’m in the same boat as you. I ordered my Platinum 4/15. I thought there was a good chance I could get rolled to a my23. I haven’t heard anything from the dealer. They haven’t even let me know about the active motion seating delete yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP

jfox8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I bet this will be rolling out to a lot of people with orders soon.

Sponsored

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
I did read somewhere, can't remeber which forum, that MY22 will NOT be price protected if bumped to MY23. We will see 🤷‍♂️
If they do it like 21 to 22, then you would get a PCO/ECO to cover the difference, because that's easier for them than having two different prices in their systems for a truck (like how they don't re-invoice price protected vehicles).

bbene

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lariat 502A Powerboost
Occupation
Software Engineer
If they do it like 21 to 22, then you would get a PCO/ECO to cover the difference, because that's easier for them than having two different prices in their systems for a truck (like how they don't re-invoice price protected vehicles).
This. My neighbor also told me that he had that happen with some rangers he ordered for customers when they first came out.

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
I wonder when they will make that decision and what the cut off date will be. Seems like maybe they have already? I know there are a lot of moving parts, but Ford is horrible with communication.

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402A Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Last 2022s were Friday May 13 for inputting. Unserialized orders as of July 18, will be 2023 MY

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
What is un-serialized? Is that the same as VIN number?
Sponsored