Sponsored

Anyone come up with tunes for newer 2023/2024 3.5 ECO??

Dazzle

First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have lots of vehicles, do you want them all??!!
Occupation
Instrumentation & Control Technician
As title really.
I reached out to 5 star at the end of last year but they said they were still working on it.
I've now got my 2023 and wondered if anyone has them??
Sponsored

22Platinum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR 3.5
Occupation
software engineer
Livernois can do a 23 but you have to go to them; not via email. I have seen YT video of people putting a 22 ECU into a 23 truck to enable email tune functionality.

jakearb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 2.7L
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Livernois can do a 23 but you have to go to them; not via email. I have seen YT video of people putting a 22 ECU into a 23 truck to enable email tune functionality.
Yeah, you have to purchase a '21 or '22 ECM and have them replace your '23....so you end up having to drive all the way to Detroit and pay almost $2,000 to tune. Really annoying how Ford decided to change the ECM for 2023, I was really looking forward to tuning my 2.7L...

22Platinum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR 3.5
Occupation
software engineer
Yeah, you have to purchase a '21 or '22 ECM and have them replace your '23....so you end up having to drive all the way to Detroit and pay almost $2,000 to tune. Really annoying how Ford decided to change the ECM for 2023, I was really looking forward to tuning my 2.7L...
oh hell I didn't know that's what they were doing when you got there.. that's a bummer.

I saw a guy do it in his garage but there was substantial programming involved after physically replacing the ECU and I think the ECU was $1200 so really $800 to fix that problem really isn't bad (sucks about having to drive there though, depending on where you are located.)

Suns_PSD

First Name
The Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 4x4 Limited
Occupation
Sales
I had a '24 KR on order to replace my '21 Limited.

The lack of tune availability was one reason that I ended up cancelling that order and sticking with the '21.

Sponsored

jakearb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 2.7L
Occupation
Sales Engineer
oh hell I didn't know that's what they were doing when you got there.. that's a bummer.

I saw a guy do it in his garage but there was substantial programming involved after physically replacing the ECU and I think the ECU was $1200 so really $800 to fix that problem really isn't bad (sucks about having to drive there though, depending on where you are located.)
Yeah I saw a similar deal of someone replacing the ECM on their own too. I wouldn't trust myself to do so. I went ahead and got the JB4 and it works decent, but I know an actual tune is much better since it really helps the transmission behave better. Hopefully someone cracks the 2023+ ECMs eventually. Livernois said it will never happen, but we'll see.

22Platinum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR 3.5
Occupation
software engineer
Livernois said it will never happen
If Ford has genuinely encrypted the ECU then he's probably right. I'm not sure what TRON fully entails though, as it doesn't apply to me.

SWONT2.7

First Name
KP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150
I'm brand new here and although I am loving my 2023 2.7 I can feel some sloppiness in the transmission tuning. I had really hoped one of the larger
Outfits would have cracked the code by now. Ugh ! So livernois said the ecu will never be decrypted? Bummer .

Perhaps Ford was monitoring the tuned cars and said no more? Perhaps Ford Performance will come out with their own like they have for some of their other vehicles?

brfertig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 4X4 ELocker Fox Racing w/35's
Occupation
Sr Project Manager & Investor