Sponsored

Anybody have their 24 built and/or delivered yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 xlt-PB-screw-6..5’ ordered 10/13
Did I make a mistake by ordering the 2.4 kw pro power and not the 7.2 ? All this waiting is really giving me time to 2nd guess everything
I too went back and forth on this issue. In the end I opted for fatbatman’s reasoning, and or the 7.2kW. I think 2.4kW is the 80% solution so you’ll most likely be fine. Unless you want to power your house, camper with AC, or an entire jobsite. None of which I plan to do, but I could if I needed to. If you’re handy with electrical stuff I’m sure someone has a video on how to upgrade or replace the 2.4 with a 7.2. I believe all they are is just a fancy transformer.
Sponsored

BigEFord4Lyfe

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 2.7L EcoBoost , 2024 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Sales Rep
Just modify it if you can. This is not something you can upgrade later.

Well I guess you could if you want to waste the cash, but almost easier to get a new vehicle at that point.
It shipped this week , so I guess it's moot. Unless I want to wait until 25 to get it . Although if I order now I would get the new tailgate, bed cam and 7.2 .... and I love my 18 2.7L EB , best ever. So I could spend another 6-8 months with no payment :)

SGriff71

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lariat 502A BAP PB - In Production
Occupation
IT Project Manager
I too went back and forth on this issue. In the end I opted for fatbatman’s reasoning, and or the 7.2kW. I think 2.4kW is the 80% solution so you’ll most likely be fine. Unless you want to power your house, camper with AC, or an entire jobsite. None of which I plan to do, but I could if I needed to. If you’re handy with electrical stuff I’m sure someone has a video on how to upgrade or replace the 2.4 with a 7.2. I believe all they are is just a fancy transformer.
Unfortunately I think the 7.2 option have thicker cables that can carry the increased power load. But I could be wrong.

smoqinhill

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered 2024 XLT F150, Silverado 1500
Occupation
Retired
My tracker finally updated today to built and awaiting shipment. Chat told me last week they showed an ETA of 3/31 - 4/6 to dealer. Fingers crossed.
It's been in purgatory since Feb 3.

Ford F-150 Anybody have their 24 built and/or delivered yet? Screenshot (1421)

OP
OP
Ford4Life

Ford4Life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Explorer ST
Occupation
Financial Advisor
My tracker finally updated today to built and awaiting shipment. Chat told me last week they showed an ETA of 3/31 - 4/6 to dealer. Fingers crossed.

Screenshot (1421).png
Where are you in Michigan? Our trucks are probably parked next to each other somewhere because I have the exact same time frame.

Sponsored

Manuel

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F150 RCSB XL 103A 4x4

Screenshot (1421).png
I have very similar dates on all stages, hope I get the same news soon! Mine is being "built" in KC.

Ford F-150 Anybody have their 24 built and/or delivered yet? f150 tracker.PNG

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
It shipped this week , so I guess it's moot. Unless I want to wait until 25 to get it . Although if I order now I would get the new tailgate, bed cam and 7.2 .... and I love my 18 2.7L EB , best ever. So I could spend another 6-8 months with no payment :)
Long term thinking usually wins in the end. Father time is always marching forward and the future gets here faster than you know it.

Banking a truck payment for the next 8 months will yield a pot full of money in your pocket.

Again, just as fatbat also said, I would not consider a PB without that 7.2 when I know there are PB's out there with it. If you plan on driving it for 10 - 12 years and that 7.2 would not matter to you, then it is no big deal but the 7.2 can do significantly, significantly more than the 2.4. Also with the 2.4 if you do need to use any high power device, you will most probably need a softstart if it will even work.

Good luck.

smoqinhill

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Where are you in Michigan? Our trucks are probably parked next to each other somewhere because I have the exact same time frame.
Ordered the truck from Tubbs Brothers in Sandusky Mi.

smoqinhill

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I have very similar dates on all stages, hope I get the same news soon! Mine is being "built" in KC.

f150 tracker.PNG
I wish you luck. I was in no hurry for my truck until it showed in production. Then the excitement started to set in. As it looks like you are in the same boat, it drove me crazy once everything came to a stop. Everyday I would run my vin to see if anything changed with fingers crossed each day. Finally today I had to look twice. After over 6 weeks in purgatory I could hardly believe my eyes. I'm still not holding my breath until it ship's but at least I now have some hope. Good luck to you.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Looking at the build and price earlier today. The 2.4kW wasn’t even an option on the king ranch or platinum. Is it still available on other trims or is that just a mistake on the B&P?

Sponsored

okmurdog

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 KR, 3.5EB, 5.5', Plat White (ordered)
Looking at the build and price earlier today. The 2.4kW wasn’t even an option on the king ranch or platinum. Is it still available on other trims or is that just a mistake on the B&P?
2kW is standard on KR 3.5EB.

If you want the 7.2kW, you have to opt for the 3.5PB

GM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150
Ford finally issued the Order number and VIN. I am now able to track it and says its scheduled for build in middle of April.

Almost 5 months after I placed the order in November last year.

These are the specs:

- 5.0L Eng
- 3.73 axle
- 502A Pkg
- Tow/haul Pkg
- FX4 Pkg
- Mobile Office Pkg
- Black Appearance Pkg
- Bed Utility Pkg
- Spray in bed liner
- Twin Panel Moonroof
- Engine Block Heater
- Floor Liner – Tray Style

f150 production week.jpg

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
2kW is standard on KR 3.5EB.

If you want the 7.2kW, you have to opt for the 3.5PB
Right, but the conversation is around the 2.4kW which is only available on the PB for 21-23. Is that also available on the 24’s? I did not see it on the B&P, for whatever that’s worth

okmurdog

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 KR, 3.5EB, 5.5', Plat White (ordered)
Right, but the conversation is around the 2.4kW which is only available on the PB for 21-23. Is that also available on the 24’s? I did not see it on the B&P, for whatever that’s worth
Gotcha.

In reality, 2kW will cover a standard 125V, 15A (1.875kW) receptacle...which will cover a large percentage of tools/appliances out there.

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lariat 502A FX4 5.0
Mine was built in Dearborn, shipped and arriving next week. I pray you all get your trucks soon!
Mine is going to Granger also.... I've just changed over to 'built' today (y)

How long from 'shipped' to you actually picking it up are you expecting?

Cheers
Sponsored