Sponsored

Anybody have their 24 built and/or delivered yet?

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I imagine incentives on 24s will be in the fall
Or after Nov
Tons of 23s out there, in my neck of woods at pretty good discounts.
Except one dealer .. bitterly hanging on at full price. For 23s
Sponsored

VTR_16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco Wildtrak / 2023 Explorer ST Line
When do you take delivery? Or did you already?

First thing Sat morning! The wife, kiddo and I were driving to the airport for vacation when it delivered. Incredible timing lol

Little story:
A reg cab F150 is what I grew up in driving with my dad. He’s had F150s since the 70s. My first vehicle was the one I grew up in sitting in the middle seat shifting gears in the 4sp trans for dad. This truck purchase is for me for now but my son starts driving in a few years and this is gonna be his truck when he starts driving. Pretty stoked. Been documenting the entire order process with pics.

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Local dealer got a Lariat in.

Also my '24 RCSB tracker has updated, but still not moved at all. Ordered 09/2023.

IMG_4656.JPG

IMG_4655.JPG

IMG_4653.JPG
Looks like a 5.0 Lariat but maybe equipped with block heater? Has the open bumper.

Sponsored

smoqinhill

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered 2024 XLT F150, Silverado 1500
Occupation
Retired
I went on Ford chat this morning. Told them my situation and asked if they had any updates on my XLT that has been showing in production since Jan 18.
This is how it went:

Chat: Anytime. It looks like your Ford 2024 F-150 is in Production, so it's being manufactured at one of our factories.
It's anticipated to be delivered at your ordering Ford Dealership between Mar-31- Apr-06-2024.
Me:
My ford dealer says they show it's been built but no other information. I understand its not your fault but it's been showing in production for 6 weeks and I'm seeing trucks being delivered from other people that went into production only 3 weeks ago.
Chat:
Yes, the primary status is still "In Production" but the secondary status does read that it's fully "Produced". I'm assuming that some last minute additions are being finalized.
Lead times will vary by model and configuration, but Ford will make every effort to expedite your order.

??? So first they said it was still in production, then after I said dealer told me it has been built, they brought up secondary status and verified that it was built. Why didn't they say that to begin with?
Then as you can see they gave me an anticipated delivery date of March 31-April 6. Not feeling all warm and fuzzy about any of it. In the survey I took after, I praised the Chat person and gave her a 5 rating. In the comment sections I stated how Ford corporate should be ashamed of themselves for leaving it up to the chat and phone personal to field all the questions and take the heat on where the trucks are because Ford has not been up front with their customers on the reason for the delays. I told the chat person how this being my first Ford purchase I am not impressed with Ford corporate and how they are treating their customers with their not being straight forward on what the holdup is. She said she would pass my opinion on, and thanked me for being honest in my opinion.

OP
OP
Ford4Life

Ford4Life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Explorer ST
Occupation
Financial Advisor
I went on Ford chat this morning. Told them my situation and asked if they had any updates on my XLT that has been showing in production since Jan 18.
This is how it went:

Chat: Anytime. It looks like your Ford 2024 F-150 is in Production, so it's being manufactured at one of our factories.
It's anticipated to be delivered at your ordering Ford Dealership between Mar-31- Apr-06-2024.
Me:
My ford dealer says they show it's been built but no other information. I understand its not your fault but it's been showing in production for 6 weeks and I'm seeing trucks being delivered from other people that went into production only 3 weeks ago.
Chat:
Yes, the primary status is still "In Production" but the secondary status does read that it's fully "Produced". I'm assuming that some last minute additions are being finalized.
Lead times will vary by model and configuration, but Ford will make every effort to expedite your order.

??? So first they said it was still in production, then after I said dealer told me it has been built, they brought up secondary status and verified that it was built. Why didn't they say that to begin with?
Then as you can see they gave me an anticipated delivery date of March 31-April 6. Not feeling all warm and fuzzy about any of it. In the survey I took after, I praised the Chat person and gave her a 5 rating. In the comment sections I stated how Ford corporate should be ashamed of themselves for leaving it up to the chat and phone personal to field all the questions and take the heat on where the trucks are because Ford has not been up front with their customers on the reason for the delays. I told the chat person how this being my first Ford purchase I am not impressed with Ford corporate and how they are treating their customers with their not being straight forward on what the holdup is. She said she would pass my opinion on, and thanked me for being honest in my opinion.
It isn't just us, I have a couple of really good friends that work at and manage a Ford dealership and the communication they receive from Ford is just as bad as what we receive. They literally don't know when vehicles will show up on their lot, they said they know when they look out the window and the truck is pulling in. How sad is that? Don't even know when their inventory is expected to show up.

TimB2024

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 - 2022 Subaru
Occupation
Commercial sales
Hello everyone, 1st timer here. I ordered 2024 Lariat 501A on 9/14/23, it was built on 1/18/24 with original eta of 1/27. Current eta is 3/15, but since it is still sitting offsite at the Michigan Motor Speedway, I doubt delivery will be anytime soon. Latest rumor is they are having major issues with new tailgate.

Sponsored

Theo Caldwell

First Name
Theo Caldwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150
My truck was built and is waiting offsite

Last edited:

jmorange44

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lariat PB BAP (Scheduled week of 6/17)
Hello everyone, 1st timer here. I ordered 2024 Lariat 501A on 9/14/23, it was built on 1/18/24 with original eta of 1/27. Current eta is 3/15, but since it is still sitting offsite at the Michigan Motor Speedway, I doubt delivery will be anytime soon. Latest rumor is they are having major issues with new tailgate.
Huh I have not heard that. You mean issues with the regular tailgate? Or with the PAT and that’s why it is delayed?

TimB2024

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 - 2022 Subaru
Occupation
Commercial sales
Straight from Ford rep. New split gate included in Utility bed package

jmorange44

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lariat PB BAP (Scheduled week of 6/17)
Straight from Ford rep. New split gate included in Utility bed package
Gotcha yeah that would explain the delay in scheduling builds with it. Yours shouldn’t be affected by that though since yours won’t have the new tailgate. Still shocks me that ford has given no timeline for releasing these builds that were held up.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
By the time there's an inventory of '24 F150's out, other manufactures will be releasing details on the 25's that will be hitting the lots in Sept, lol
Sponsored