Sponsored

Any way to get rid of keep your eyes on the road alert?

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
Just updated my truck to the latest version (was on 2.1.1) abs I notice I am getting alerts to keep my eyes on the road. I turned off driver alert notifications but it didn’t seem to get rid of them. This is happening when I have cruise control on and it is doing lane entering but I am not on a blue cruise road just a regular hands on the wheel lane keep road. My ankle weight used to make it not ding at me but now it dings to keep my eyes on the road which is irritating if I am just trying to adjust the radio or something
Sponsored

NotMyName

First Name
John Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco First Edition, 2022 F150 Platinum
pretty sure the nanny can’t be turned off on cruise or BlueCruise; however, it can be turned off for driving when cruise or BC aren’t being used

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
The only way to make it go away is to turn off lane keeping/centering. It will run adaptive cruise without eye tracking, but if you engage automated steering (lane keeping, lane centering, blue cruise) you are going to get the nanny involved.

OP
OP

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
I am sure I will try it tonight but does the Nanny deactivate lane centering or does it just beep at you until you look at the road again so long as it detects your hands on the wheel? I wonder if there is a way to trick it like there is with the ankle weight for it thinking your hand is on the wheel?

Waveslider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SCREW Lariat 4WD
I don’t think there’s a way to trick the eyes on road notification. It’s not like the keep hands on the wheel notifications that go away with perceived driver steering input.

Sponsored

OP
OP

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
I am sure there is a way its just if someone has figured it out yet and if you can drive with whatever the way is

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
The only way to make it go away is to turn off lane keeping/centering. It will run adaptive cruise without eye tracking, but if you engage automated steering (lane keeping, lane centering, blue cruise) you are going to get the nanny involved.
Is this something you see recently with the new software update as well?

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Why exactly did you buy all these features?

To answer you next question, a medium size brick should eliminate the need to press on the accelerator.

Last edited:

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
Is this something you see recently with the new software update as well?
it came with the IPC update that enabled blue cruise.

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
What do you mean by your ankle weight? Are you driving around with an ankle weight to fool the hand sensor? yikes.

Sponsored

OP
OP

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
What do you mean by your ankle weight?
If you jam it in the hole in the steering wheel it won't beep at you to hold onto the wheel.

As for the keep your eyes on the road thing it seems like it will first beep and turn orange, then beep a lot and turn off the radio and turn red, then it will start tapping the brakes to jostle you, then it will turn off lane keep assist/blue cruise. I tried it today by just putting my hands out in front of the eye sensors.

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you jam it in the hole in the steering wheel it won't beep at you to hold onto the wheel.

As for the keep your eyes on the road thing it seems like it will first beep and turn orange, then beep a lot and turn off the radio and turn red, then it will start tapping the brakes to jostle you, then it will turn off lane keep assist/blue cruise. I tried it today by just putting my hands out in front of the eye sensors.
You do understand the limitations of the system, right? Those safeguards are there to make sure you’re still paying attention, because the vehicle is only capable of level 2 self driving. I’m just going to walk away from this conversation , this is a level of bad idea I’m not willing to participate in.

OP
OP

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
I am using it safely. I just prefer for it to not ding at me. It actually dings more when I am holding the wheel. The ankle weight eliminates that. The eye tracking will ding if I adjust the radio for a few seconds.

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am using it safely. I just prefer for it to not ding at me. It actually dings more when I am holding the wheel. The ankle weight eliminates that. The eye tracking will ding if I adjust the radio for a few seconds.
If your eyes are off the road for “a few seconds” you aren’t using it safely. This is just a level 2 system. It’s basically little more than an antifatigue device, you still need to be watching the road at all times to intervene if it misses something.

And consider the information you’re putting out…even if there was a way to disable the eye tracking (I am unaware of one) should we helping teach people how to disable the two safeguards (eye tracking and hand sensor) keeping other motorists safe from their poorly-guided several ton death missile so they can fiddle with stuff? Maybe there’s a calibration issue with your eye tracking. Maybe your hand sensor is malfunctioning. Bring this issue up with Ford or your local Ford dealer, don’t try to defeat safety measures. This isn’t something like somebody disabling an air bag to drive to the dealer, you’re putting other drivers at risk. Like I said, I’m out. Stay safe out there.

Last edited:

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost
I agree with @newdeal99, the eye tracking is so error prone that it is actually a net negative, even for safety. I find that it often tells me to look at the road even when I am looking at the road, which distracts me from looking at the road because I’m dealing with the alert! The worst part is that it is active when using “lane keeping“ in addition to blue cruise. On the original Job 1 MY21 trucks that was not the case until the OTA upgrade to blue cruise. There is A LOT of room for improvement.
Sponsored